Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts
That's sick dude.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:38 PM
doctorg37xs
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by rjbecker26

It’s really not a hard job to do on your own. It only really took me about 4 hours to wrap it myself, not including the time it took to remove and reinstall when I was done.

I honestly had fun doing it.
Is it pretty easy to remove the steering wheel? Where’d you get the materials for the wrap?
Old 03-09-2019, 04:55 PM
-ZS-Carpenter
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Tail to turn and most of the blue Z1 master hose kit installed. Car goes in for steering rack replacement on wednesday, they will be installing the PS lines while the rack is out and letting them tackle the coolant hoses after flushing the system. Paddle shifters and Brake parts are on the way, found a dark grey set off an early 370 in pretty good shape, Stop tech sport pad and Z1 1 piece SS braided lines. Going to try the duralast GT street rotors, not finding much for reviews on them but for the price I'll give them a try. If they suck I'll let you guys know
Old 03-09-2019, 05:41 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
I modded a spare tail light I had (painted the inside black) I dunno how I feel about it. The outside lens still needs polishing but I dunno if I even like it.

Old 03-09-2019, 05:50 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Installed z1 extended studs in preparation for front akebono and slip on spacer to clear my wheels.
side note i didnt have to trim the front dust shield. Are they all like this? 08 sport sedan... anyway cutting was the worst part for me so hoping the front goes much quicker than the rear did.

Old 03-09-2019, 05:51 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
I modded a spare tail light I had (painted the inside black) I dunno how I feel about it. The outside lens still needs polishing but I dunno if I even like it.

looks good. Especially on a red car. My tails clash with my paint. Thats the one thing i wish i could change...
Old 03-09-2019, 10:37 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

I think we have the same lugs iCrap. How was the stud install with the tool? I hear the tails are harder to get a part and re-seal, how did that go?
Old 03-09-2019, 11:03 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

I actually didn't even use the tool, although it would have probably helped. I just stacked washers and used a lug nut + impact gun to press them in. it was pretty easy.

For the light, yeah it is a pain. I had to dremel it open. I didn't seal it yet but I will have to plastic weld it.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:15 AM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

I actually didn't even use the tool, although it would have probably helped. I just stacked washers and used a lug nut + impact gun to press them in. it was pretty easy.

For the light, yeah it is a pain. I had to dremel it open. I didn't seal it yet but I will have to plastic weld it.
I have the ebay lights, which I know not everyone loves. The only thing I don't like about the rear tails is the fact they used chrome on the inside. If it was black like the rest of it, would have been perfect for me. Looks best straight on, but at an angle the chrome kills it for me. OT iCrap, what games you playing these days? I just picked up a 2080 RTX.

Spoiler

On topic: Today starts the process of returning my G35X to stock! Saying good bye to the Stillen Gen 3's today.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:38 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Hold the phone! What's a "spoiler" tag? This is the very first time I've seen that.

Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
I have the ebay lights, which I know not everyone loves.
I'm in that not-everyone group.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-10-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:30 AM
iCrap
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
I have the ebay lights, which I know not everyone loves. The only thing I don't like about the rear tails is the fact they used chrome on the inside. If it was black like the rest of it, would have been perfect for me. Looks best straight on, but at an angle the chrome kills it for me. OT iCrap, what games you playing these days? I just picked up a 2080 RTX.
On topic: Today starts the process of returning my G35X to stock! Saying good bye to the Stillen Gen 3's today.
Yeah not a fan of the ebay lights either. I think its cause they just have too many colors going on.

I've been playing apex legends / assassins creed / far cry these days. I got BF5 also recently but its kinda bad.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:50 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Hold the phone! What's a "spoiler" tag? This is the very first time I've seen that.
Use the black horizontal bar between the quote and link icons in the editor toolbar. I didnt know it was there, either.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:56 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Yeah not a fan of the ebay lights either. I think its cause they just have too many colors going on.

I've been playing apex legends / assassins creed / far cry these days. I got BF5 also recently but its kinda bad.
I just picked up BF5. Maps are the biggest problem I have with it so far, kinda boring. I enjoyed BF1, but I always find myself missing BF3/4.

Originally Posted by Rochester
Hold the phone! What's a "spoiler" tag? This is the very first time I've seen that. Really?

I'm in that not-everyone group.
I just don't like the stock red tails, I worked at an Infiniti dealership for 3 years so seeing stock cars ever day got old real quick. I originally did mine blacked out but I didn't love that either. The clear tails for me are awesome, but I do agree they could be better. When I have more time and money I will probably have these redone with some custom touches. Or I will just smoke them a little. Straight on I love them.

Spoiler

Anyway, as of today my Gen 3's are now GONE! Stock air boxes onces again. Now I just need to sell this CF grill. Sadly the 07-08 grills are less sought after....
Old 03-10-2019, 09:03 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

pic of the grille? i have the old style bumper still.
And yea BF3 is still my favorite. best maps and i loved close quarters also.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:16 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

pic of the grille? i have the old style bumper still.
And yea BF3 is still my favorite. best maps and i loved close quarters also.
3 is great but 4 really hit all the right marks for me. I was a huge fan of levelution or the maps in BF4 in general. Plus it had BF3 maps. UCAV was best <3. Phantom program was a blast. I had a semi-successful youtube video for it.

Grill. I got more recent too PM me if you are interested.
Spoiler

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?