G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Old 02-28-2019, 08:50 PM
llebcire
Registered Member

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Installed illuminated emblem.

I realize opinions vary, however over the last year or so I've commented several times when I see this on a Mercedes. My wife surprised me and bought it for my birthday 😁. Starting to drop hints on exhaust...

I will change fogs to LEDs for better balance (first set of LEDs failed) and may go with a bluer HID in the future.

-Eric

Old 02-28-2019, 09:21 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
My car blew a coupler on a coolant hose today, leaving me stranded on the side of the road First time it's let me down ever. Steam out the hood and temp pegged H.
Luckily I was .5 miles from a dealer so I had someone bring the part and tools and did a roadside repair.

If anyone has a an older / high mileage G i suggest checking the plastic bits on your coolant system... The part completely disintegrated. This one is behind the engine on the passenger side.

Old 03-01-2019, 07:16 AM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 230 Likes on 161 Posts
Is that the plastic bleeder port?
Old 03-01-2019, 09:18 AM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
No, it just looks like it was some plastic coupler... I think it's for the line which goes into the heater core. I should probably check the bleeder port and replace it as well, I'm sure it will break next.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:02 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 449 Likes on 377 Posts
Installed LED backup lights. LED on right, stock 921 incandescent on the left. With both LEDs, it is bright enough that the camera image is still mostly color even in pitch dark.

LASFIT L-T15-N from Amazon.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:08 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by llebcire
Installed illuminated emblem.

I realize opinions vary, however over the last year or so I've commented several times when I see this on a Mercedes. My wife surprised me and bought it for my birthday 😁. Starting to drop hints on exhaust...

I will change fogs to LEDs for better balance (first set of LEDs failed) and may go with a bluer HID in the future.

-Eric

Very nice! Gotta love it when our wives actually listen to the subtle hints we give. Hopefully there's a new exhaust in your future!
Old 03-01-2019, 02:14 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
Is that the plastic bleeder port?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YFxfZvIZJY
the first gen g35 has this. later with the g37 they removed it on majority of the car. i recall some saying they had it but most didnt, i dont. im wondering if g37 owners who dont have the bleeder can use this to replace the coupler with the added bleeder function? anyone
Old 03-01-2019, 02:53 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 492 Posts
@saywhat¿?

Last time I did a drain/fill I didn't bleed anything. I used a vacuum filler tool to refill. Took all of 5 minutes to fill. About due for another drain/fill this summer, might be a good idea to just replace the plastic coupler with a aluminum one this time around. Car is going on 8 years old now. Which side of the engine are these coupler(s) on (driver/passenger)?
Old 03-01-2019, 02:59 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
its on the passenger side. im not sure if i was jus lucky but when i did a drain and fill i just poored slowly didnt have to bleed. the radiator has a bleed screw the driver side not sure how much it helped but thats the only bleeder thats on the car from factory. . but ive since purchased a spill free funnel i used on my moms nissan when i did her radiator. its pretty functional.
Old 03-01-2019, 03:49 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Purchased sport rotors pads and banjo bolts.
also a flare wrench.
extended studs and lisle tool. 8mm hubcentric spacer.
z1 diff bushings.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:57 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
Purchased sport rotors pads and banjo bolts.
also a flare wrench.
extended studs and lisle tool. 8mm hubcentric spacer.
z1 diff bushings.
I bought those too. I bought my car already modded, rebuilt salvage. I was trying to fit on another set of wheels and they all fit except the side that had the accident damage. I figure it was because they hub was wrong (was an AWD on a RWD). Turns out it was because the car had Z1 extended lugs on all 4 corners at one point, but when the company repaired the car from the accident they replaced that hub with an OEM hub, so it had the shorter OEM studs. So yeah I had to buy a set of 10 extended studs and the tool.

Z1 bushings? Full kit, just rear? Actual bushings or the inserts? Tell me how you like them. I'm trying to do my car in phases so I'll do trans/sub frame kinda stuff at the same time, but I'm not there yet.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:09 PM
rjbecker26
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
It’s only been 1 week since I bought my 2nd G, and I’ve already done a bunch for her.

- GT-R Start Button
- GT-R Map Lights
- Wrapped the Badly Worn Steering Wheel
- All new Interior LED’s, Trunk LED and License Plate LED’s from Diode Dynamics
- New Interior Aluminum Trim on the Drivers Side Front Door
- Replaced the Drivers Side Mirror
- Q60S Shift **** and Boot

Starting to look into Cool Air Intakes now. Pumped to be back in an awesome car after losing mine 6 months ago to an elderly reckless driver.

The following 3 users liked this post by rjbecker26:
Aeroneer1 (04-11-2019), Diode Dynamics (03-04-2019), r2dmax (03-06-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 10:11 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
I bought those too. I bought my car already modded, rebuilt salvage. I was trying to fit on another set of wheels and they all fit except the side that had the accident damage. I figure it was because they hub was wrong (was an AWD on a RWD). Turns out it was because the car had Z1 extended lugs on all 4 corners at one point, but when the company repaired the car from the accident they replaced that hub with an OEM hub, so it had the shorter OEM studs. So yeah I had to buy a set of 10 extended studs and the tool.

Z1 bushings? Full kit, just rear? Actual bushings or the inserts? Tell me how you like them. I'm trying to do my car in phases so I'll do trans/sub frame kinda stuff at the same time, but I'm not there yet.
Hey man. Just the Differential and subframe bushings. Its on the back burner for now. Need to get my akebonos on and figure out wheel clearance issues.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:21 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Originally Posted by rjbecker26
It’s only been 1 week since I bought my 2nd G, and I’ve already done a bunch for her.

- GT-R Start Button
- GT-R Map Lights
- Wrapped the Badly Worn Steering Wheel
- All new Interior LED’s, Trunk LED and License Plate LED’s from Diode Dynamics
- New Interior Aluminum Trim on the Drivers Side Front Door
- Replaced the Drivers Side Mirror
- Q60S Shift **** and Boot

Starting to look into Cool Air Intakes now. Pumped to be back in an awesome car after losing mine 6 months ago to an elderly reckless driver.
What are the GTR Map lights? Looking good, time for some Carsmo *****.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:44 PM
rjbecker26
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
What are the GTR Map lights? Looking good, time for some Carsmo *****.
The GT-R map lights are simply the clear map light covers from the GT-R. Most tend to think that they look a lot better than our stock “frosted” covers (myself included).

Here’s where I picked them up from:

https://www.z1motorsports.com/roof-h...ir-p-6920.html

The Carsmo ***** are killing me. I had a set in my 2011 G37xS but didn’t have a chance to pull them after she was totaled by my insurance co. Lost the ***** and weather tech mats. Luckily though, my new 2012 G37xS came with the weather tech mats already installed lol.

If anyone sees this and is getting rid of a set of Carsmo *****, I’m in the market. I’m signed up to receive Ray’s emails and I have a post up in the classified section as well, but no luck yet.
The following users liked this post:
SupraOfDoom (03-02-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?