What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 08:01 PM
ngolbuff
Registered Member

Received 54 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
I'm not dead, I've been lurking

Finally had time to take care of the G a little. Put on the metal undertray. Such a drastic improvement.
I still have undertray on my to-do list. TBW or the other one?
Old 05-14-2019, 08:09 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by ngolbuff
I still have undertray on my to-do list. TBW or the other one?
Yup, TBW
Old 05-14-2019, 09:34 PM
-ZS-Carpenter
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
Yup, TBW
I have one on my sedan, the access door is not in the right spot. No matter how I lift the car oil will drip on the tray. While being way way better than stock I've still had to pull it every oil change. If I don't pull it before i start I'm pulling it to clean it after. I'm going to cut a bit out of the opening next time it's off, should be no more than an inch that needs cut to clear. Other than that It's a great tray, fits perfect, tough as hell
The following users liked this post:
hexotic (05-14-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 10:12 AM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Short shifter

Installed a torque solution shifter and new OEM cup. Feels really good. Really crisp and precise. One of those mods I wish I had done sooner. Definitely help driveability. Not that the oem shifter was but but coming from a 17 STI with upgraded shifter the Nissan shifter felt sloppy. Needless to say it's great now.

Old 05-15-2019, 12:39 PM
fillup
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
R1 pads and rotors installed last night. And then the morning after the bedding in process. Excuse the fender.

Old 05-15-2019, 01:47 PM
deepblue3
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Been fighting this bearing/tire noise and probably need some help soon if I can’t track it down.

Got 2 new tires because the front ones were cupped and vibrated bad. The cupping couldn’t be fixed by balancing.

After that. I still heard a noise coming from driver front. So I replaced that hub assembly but that didn’t seem to rid the noise and it still sounds like it’s from the driver front.

It does get slightly louder when I turn left. Could it be the driver rear but it just sounds like it’s from the front?
Old 05-15-2019, 09:16 PM
NW_6MT
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts
Didn’t exactly ‘do’ it yet, but picked up the new shoes from the powder coater this afternoon so that I could...

Bought them about a year ago off of Craig’s. They were a little rough for my taste but kind of always had a hankering for a bronze set so I picked them up with the intention of refinishing. I sanded all the lips to take care of the curb rash then dropped them off last week for a makeover.

Turned out pretty good I think. They don’t look as dark in person. There’s somewhat of a metallic sparkle to them in the sun. Color is Oil rubbed bronze with a clear over.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:25 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
That still looks rough, and now it's all orangepeel-ly. Color is nice.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:26 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
damn yea what rochester said
Old 05-15-2019, 09:30 PM
OldG2NewG
Registered Member

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts
Started to install my swift springs and throw on my wheels, didn't go as planned. Ended up taking the Lancer to work and left the car in pieces in my driveway lol. My spring compressor did and awful job compressing the springs and I had a time getting the strut out after removing the upper a arm. Blah. I'll tackle it again in the am
Old 05-16-2019, 12:27 AM
deepblue3
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Update on the noise, went to discount tire to rebalance all tires for vibration and they said 3 wheels are bent. I was bummed about this car I just bought.

They told me which wheel is not bent. I just swapped that good wheel to the driver front and drove. The vibration and noise seemed to have moved. Makes sense I guess considering I just replaced the bearing on that corner.

I’m going to see if a shop can help me straighten those wheels out. Those new 20” tires aren’t cheap and I need to drive on them. Wish me the best of luck, lol
Old 05-16-2019, 12:55 PM
OldG2NewG
Registered Member

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts
Lost the battle but won the war.

Not without casualties though 😔

Torn axle boot and damaged strut.

But atleast she's pretty lol

The following users liked this post:
llebcire (05-18-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 03:08 PM
Entcee
Premier Member

Received 123 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
Installed a torque solution shifter and new OEM cup. Feels really good. Really crisp and precise. One of those mods I wish I had done sooner. Definitely help driveability. Not that the oem shifter was but but coming from a 17 STI with upgraded shifter the Nissan shifter felt sloppy. Needless to say it's great now.

Any rattles at high RPM? I installed the same STS a couple weeks ago and it rattles like hell above 5k RPM. Haven't taken it back apart to check everything (waiting to do it with my son). I think it may be the circle spacer below the spring bouncing around. Curious to see if your results are similar.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:00 AM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Entcee
Any rattles at high RPM? I installed the same STS a couple weeks ago and it rattles like hell above 5k RPM. Haven't taken it back apart to check everything (waiting to do it with my son). I think it may be the circle spacer below the spring bouncing around. Curious to see if your results are similar.
No audible rattles or noises. Everything is right and firm. If at high rpm and deceleration you'll feel vibration in your hand but nothing is audible.
Did you replace the OEM cup or did yours come with it's own? Mine was worn and if yours is it could be a source.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:12 AM
Entcee
Premier Member

Received 123 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
No audible rattles or noises. Everything is right and firm. If at high rpm and deceleration you'll feel vibration in your hand but nothing is audible.
Did you replace the OEM cup or did yours come with it's own? Mine was worn and if yours is it could be a source.
I did get a new OEM cup. The noise could be coming from my rigged boot spacer. I am going to tear it all down again with my son (he's turning 16 soon and is getting into cars) this weekend to see if we can find the source. It is good to know that yours is not making noise. Gives me hope lol.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?