Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 11:28 PM
SheLLz
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
I'm going to come off as an ***, but "quality feels identical to OEM" is far from the reality. OEM lights cost triple of these and use much better electrical components. These lights have had lots of complaints on several large g37 facebook groups, from short-circuiting to lights blowing out. All I can say is good luck, and hope you aren't one of those bad cases.
Sorry if I come off as an a$$ myself, but unless you own a pair, you honestly can't say anything on the quality. I'm more than likely in some of the same facebook groups as you and find it funny how people like to catastrophize everything they can. I am maybe just getting too mature for it all... Who knows. If you don't own a pair, don't speak against someone who does as if you do/did. You're just another guy with an opinion on the internet...I just posted the video to contribute, keep things rolling, and show em to whoever may be interested. Anyways, like I said...Since Ive had them the quality feels and looks identical to OEM headlights.

I still appreciate your concern hexotic, and with mostly everything I buy, I will definitely be on the look out for issues, but you should know by now the info you get from Facebook doesn't mean much at all unless it's voiced from actual owners... multiple owners, which I couldn't find. Plus since releasing the coupe ones a year ago, I hope they would have fixed any issues they had from them with these. Only the future will tell, not irrelevant facebook opinions.

Plus... Of course the OEM headlights costs 2x 3x more lol. Where do you think they're coming from?
Old 11-16-2018, 01:16 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by SheLLz
Sorry if I come off as an a$$ myself, but unless you own a pair, you honestly can't say anything on the quality. I'm more than likely in some of the same facebook groups as you and find it funny how people like to catastrophize everything they can. I am maybe just getting too mature for it all... Who knows. If you don't own a pair, don't speak against someone who does as if you do/did. You're just another guy with an opinion on the internet...I just posted the video to contribute, keep things rolling, and show em to whoever may be interested. Anyways, like I said...Since Ive had them the quality feels and looks identical to OEM headlights.

I still appreciate your concern hexotic, and with mostly everything I buy, I will definitely be on the look out for issues, but you should know by now the info you get from Facebook doesn't mean much at all unless it's voiced from actual owners... multiple owners, which I couldn't find. Plus since releasing the coupe ones a year ago, I hope they would have fixed any issues they had from them with these. Only the future will tell, not irrelevant facebook opinions.

Plus... Of course the OEM headlights costs 2x 3x more lol. Where do you think they're coming from?
Thats the thing, Ive seen them in person, I know 4 people locally who bought them. One of them had a short. There are a few others in the beforementioned Facebook groups that have reported issues with their purchased lights, not scare stories. I'm just saying good luck and be careful, not trying to put you down.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:57 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
My random mod for today. Replaced the ugly amber LEDs. Might do the climate LEDs as well later.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:17 PM
James A

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
OEMassive headlight installed, fitment was perfect. Also while installing them I drained my battery somehow...since batteries were 4 years old replaced them with new ones.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ml#post4221634
Old 11-20-2018, 08:54 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Duckfeet, spacers & snows went on the car this past weekend.

I really, really need a new floor jack. Maybe Xmas. Anyone have recs for one that doesn't break the bank, but easily handles lowered cars? If I recall correctly, Harbor Freight has some options.

This one, maybe?

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-s...nge-64240.html
Old 11-20-2018, 10:38 AM
KungFooFireman
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

I really, really need a new floor jack. Maybe Xmas. Anyone have recs for one that doesn't break the bank, but easily handles lowered cars? If I recall correctly, Harbor Freight has some options.

This one, maybe?

This is the one I've had for several years and it has been a beast. Very reliable, not that much else is from Harbor Freight, but I can verify the jacks work wonderfully.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ump-62326.html
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (11-20-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 12:21 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by KungFooFireman
This is the one I've had for several years and it has been a beast. Very reliable, not that much else is from Harbor Freight, but I can verify the jacks work wonderfully.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ump-62326.html

+1 on this... the Harbor Freight jacks have served me well...I have the 2.5 ton old grey version which uses the same body (basically the same jack, they have just increased the rating) ....its my go to jack and before I was lowered it would reach the front jacking point on the subframe no problem, now I just drive up on some 1/4" plywood squares I normally put under my jack stands and it works fine...the jack body reaches the rear diff even when lowered too and is great on the back end too
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (11-20-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 12:46 PM
staskz
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

This one, maybe?

just find some nice pieces of wood from shipping crates and drive on them with your front wheels, thats what i do, it works fine
Old 11-21-2018, 12:41 AM
Gabebapes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Installed some springs and rims and blacked out the headlights and grill I dont know if I should include the emblem blacked out kind of matches wheels and chrome moldings. Also tightened up that bumper gap. Oh yea and the tints are a must here in Miami if you dont want to be a toast
BEFORE

AFTER

Old 11-21-2018, 07:37 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabebapes
Installed some springs and rims and blacked out the headlights and grill I dont know if I should include the emblem blacked out kind of matches wheels and chrome moldings. Also tightened up that bumper gap. Oh yea and the tints are a must here in Miami if you dont want to be a toast
BEFORE

AFTER

100% better. You did a good job.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:03 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Huge improvement on the front end.
Old 11-23-2018, 02:58 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
It's a lovely 50F outside and not a cloud in the sky (anywhere near) and time to install the winter wheels. Could of waited a few weeks but rather not freeze if I don't have to. Nice mileage number ending in 666 on the odometer. An amber glow is forthcoming.

Michelin PSS's have been installed now for 3 years/seasons, ~13K miles. Wearing nicely. Eyeballing it, looks like ~5-6/32nds remaining. Should see 20K at least. The way I drive, that's another season and a half.

Speaking of mileage, the winter tires have now been installed for 7 seasons! Yet only have about 4K miles on them. It'll be time to replace them due to age rather than tread soon. Or, when the PSS's wear out, just install them to finish out the season with until I get new winter tires.
Old 11-23-2018, 05:51 PM
Gabebapes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wish I installed my front shocks today so the car can stop feeling like a trampoline. 81° no fun 🤒. For all the awd peeps on here needing front shocks since they're a million dollars for the front rock auto has gabriel struts on sale for $48.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:46 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabebapes
I wish I installed my front shocks today so the car can stop feeling like a trampoline. 81° no fun 🤒. For all the awd peeps on here needing front shocks since they're a million dollars for the front rock auto has gabriel struts on sale for $48.
I'm installing coilovers on my X right now. My shocks are at 80k miles but there's nothing wrong with them. Rear struts are done and the fronts are going in today so I'll send them your way if you're interested / haven't bought the RA set yet. Just handle the shipping and handling costs. Let me know.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:31 PM
SomeName
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Finally had a day nice enough to wash the G and put it away for the winter. It's been sitting in the garage for like 2 weeks. When I was getting ready to wash it, I noticed the lens from the left fog light was broken. So weird, it cracked around the edge and across the middle then fell out. No idea how this happened. The glass was laying on the ground in 2 big pieces. Guess this gives me something to think about over the winter. And the battery was dead 🙄.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?