D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: Reset TPMS Warning by yourself for FREE

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Since you know how to go to the learning mode now, I would put the tires in the pressure I specified on the first page. Then get in the learning mode and drive. If it doesnt work the first time, check the pressure again (it might've gone up due to driving), get into the learning mode and drive again. When the TPMS are successfully programmed, the light should go off.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:57 AM
TeeItHi
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
tire pressure

i couldn't get it to go on diagnostic mode last night with the 4 diff tire pressure, not sure if its because of that... so at this time i can't tell if any tpms are bad.

has anyone able to reset using other pressure than
Front LH 240 (2.4, 34)
Front RH 220 (2.2, 31)
Rear RH 200 (2.0, 29)
Rear LH 180 (1.8, 26)
or does it really have to be these exact pressure? i read here somewhere that any pressure should be fine as long as they're 4 diff.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:02 AM
Modme
Registered Member

Going to diagnostic mode should not depend on the tire pressure. The car does not read the tire pressures before deciding whether it will go into learning mode. In the instructions, I told you to set tire pressure first because learning mode is timed. If you get in the learning mode and then 5 minutes adjusting the pressure, there might not be enough time for you to drive around and for the sensors to program. You have to set those tires at least close to the pressures i posted. Youre going to keep getting the learning mode timing out if you dont set the pressures correctly.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:14 AM
TeeItHi
Registered Member

i'm doing that

Originally Posted by Modme
Going to diagnostic mode should not depend on the tire pressure. The car does not read the tire pressures before deciding whether it will go into learning mode. In the instructions, I told you to set tire pressure first because learning mode is timed. If you get in the learning mode and then 5 minutes adjusting the pressure, there might not be enough time for you to drive around and for the sensors to program. You have to set those tires at least close to the pressures i posted. Youre going to keep getting the learning mode timing out if you dont set the pressures correctly.
that's exactly what i'm doing. pressure are set b4 i put it in learning mode and it does.

on my last post i'm talking about not being able to get into diagnostic mode so that i check if any of tpms are bad or not but i can't.

thanks
i appreciate all your help.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:56 AM
TeeItHi
Registered Member

Finally got it to reset

Originally Posted by mikaly
Haha, very nice. For those DIYers, I made a less fancy version of this for less than $2. Used some spare wire, a paperclip (to jam into the Infiniti connector), solder (optional), and a momentary spst button. My ground was to the cigarette lighter.

From my experience, the tire pressures didn't have to be exact. As you drive and the tires warm up, the PSI inside your tires change. They just have to be different enough for the tmps system to be able to differentiate between the four sensors.

I tried just putting any 4 different pressures and it didn't for me.

So finally put back to Modme's recommended pressure did the step all over and light is gone after 5 minutes and then back on as i when making my way back to put air to 35psi. re-stated the car and light was still on for few minutes then gone again.

thanks modme for great diy. i will now try this to my friend's ex35 as he's using my stock 19s. i will let you know if it works for his car.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:28 PM
wope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone confirm that this procedure works when trying to get your vehicle to learn new, AFTERMARKET TPMS? I've looked through the thread and searched around, but found no answers.

Thank you.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Modme
Registered Member

First of all, you need to make sure aftermarket TPMS is designed for our car. There are so many different signals and frequencies used, you have to make sure you get the correct one.

And then yes, the procedure will work.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:59 PM
wope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, you need to make sure aftermarket TPMS is designed for our car. There are so many different signals and frequencies used, you have to make sure you get the correct one.

And then yes, the procedure will work.
Yes, of course, I purchased aftermarket TPMS that are made for my year/model. I just wanted to make sure this procedure applied because I read on another site that it only works with Shrader OEM brand TPMS, but couldn't find anything confirming or denying that.

Thanks !
Old 03-06-2012, 07:42 AM
SANTOS29

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
+2 works fine with aftermarket TPMS.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:19 PM
TeeItHi
Registered Member

ex35

tried this on ex35. it goes into learning mode and continue to flash for over 2 mins but soon as i start the car the light would go solid with in few seconds. tried it few times all same result.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Modme
Registered Member

That happens from time to time. I think it has to do with your battery not being able to supply enough voltage to both BCM and engine starter.

The easy fix for this is to start the engine and then enter the learning mode. Make sure you do it within 10 seconds of engine start.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:42 PM
TeeItHi
Registered Member

That happens from time to time. I think it has to do with your battery not being able to supply enough voltage to both BCM and engine starter.

The easy fix for this is to start the engine and then enter the learning mode. Make sure you do it within 10 seconds of engine start.
i'm sorry, which battery?

also tried it once with engine started. maybe i'll try again.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Your car battery. Just a theory.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:56 PM
TeeItHi
Registered Member

weak battery?

Your car battery. Just a theory.