Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Ask a Professional Detailer... Brought to you by Detailed Image

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 04:16 PM
weaver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greg,

Did I miss the 25% off sale?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:56 PM
Tonewheel

Originally Posted by weaver
Greg,

I did... by one day.

Ordered a bunch of stuff on the 23rd.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:18 AM
weaver

Crap. Oh well, now I gotta wait another year.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:42 PM
AnotherG37

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Just ordered a bunch of stuff from your site after reading this thread. Thank you for all the info.

One question, I have mesh wheels as you can see in my Avatar. Is there something to spray on them and hose off that will clean them. I generally keep them very clean but some spots are a pain to get to. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:47 PM
jmueller

Need some help with some significant spider web cracking, and possibly the chip on the right of the images. I did a little polishing and it seemed to have gotten better, but does this look like it is under the clear? It sort of looks like it to me. Additionally, it wasn't me who let the paint get like that, merely the trouble with purchasing a used vehicle.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by weaver
Greg,

Originally Posted by Tonewheel
I did... by one day.

Ordered a bunch of stuff on the 23rd.
Yes unfortunately that sale is over but we have more big promotions coming up shortly. If you sign up for our newsletter we'll e-mail you promotions so you don't miss then and we have exclusive offers there as well. Stay tuned.....

Greg @ DI
Old 04-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by AnotherG37
Just ordered a bunch of stuff from your site after reading this thread. Thank you for all the info.

One question, I have mesh wheels as you can see in my Avatar. Is there something to spray on them and hose off that will clean them. I generally keep them very clean but some spots are a pain to get to. Thanks.
Thanks for reading and for shopping with us! For those wheels I would use your favorite wheel cleaner and the DI Brushes E-Z Detail Brush mini. It will help get in to those tight spaces and it's a gentle brush to work with. If you don't have a top notch wheel cleaner the SONAX Wheel Cleaner Full Effect is simply amazing. It's a pH neutral cleaner that is safe on all finishes and HIGHLY effective. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help.

Greg @ DI
Old 04-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by jmueller
Need some help with some significant spider web cracking, and possibly the chip on the right of the images. I did a little polishing and it seemed to have gotten better, but does this look like it is under the clear? It sort of looks like it to me. Additionally, it wasn't me who let the paint get like that, merely the trouble with purchasing a used vehicle.
For the spot on the bottom right of the picture that looked like marks through the clear coat and paint, down to primer, which will need a repaint. As for the blotch that looks like horrific bird droppings on a hot day or something else very strong. I would try to wash and clay it to remove anything on the surface and then I would polish with the Meguiar's M105 and M205 to see if that helps. If it's helpful but doesn't remove it all you may need the assistance of a buffer for maximum results. If the polishes don't help then you will likely need a body shop's assistance. Hope this helps!

Greg @ DI
Old 04-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
any suggestions on how to remove tiny specs of dust/sand embedded into my windshield from lots of highway driving on dessert roads?
when the windows are clean i can see tiny dots and the glass is not smooth when i run my finger across

can i use an aggressive clay bar and lube or would a glass cleaner alone work? which one would you suggest?
Old 04-09-2012, 03:44 PM
DRQKNHT
SoCal Driven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whats up Greg! Im looking for a cleaner that is safe to use on my Rims. They have an anodized lip with super black chrome centers.

If you can get back to me with a recommended product, i will order today as i need something asap.

BTW....the Poorboys World S&W is THE BEST! Use it everyday when i get home for a quick cleaning. Love that stuff!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:47 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Ok so I am a nobb at this but here goes.

I washed my car and the paint feels very grainy, just like sand paper.

My google research has told me that I have to clay and polish the whole car. No big deal but I have never dont it before.

Any recommendations for a newbie? I know how to clay the car but what do I do after and what do I use? Do I wax after polish?
Old 04-09-2012, 03:51 PM
AnotherG37

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Detailed Image
Thanks for reading and for shopping with us! For those wheels I would use your favorite wheel cleaner and the DI Brushes E-Z Detail Brush mini. It will help get in to those tight spaces and it's a gentle brush to work with. If you don't have a top notch wheel cleaner the SONAX Wheel Cleaner Full Effect is simply amazing. It's a pH neutral cleaner that is safe on all finishes and HIGHLY effective. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help.

Greg @ DI
Ordered.. Thanks
Old 04-12-2012, 07:56 AM
jmueller

Originally Posted by Detailed Image
For the spot on the bottom right of the picture that looked like marks through the clear coat and paint, down to primer, which will need a repaint. As for the blotch that looks like horrific bird droppings on a hot day or something else very strong. I would try to wash and clay it to remove anything on the surface and then I would polish with the Meguiar's M105 and M205 to see if that helps. If it's helpful but doesn't remove it all you may need the assistance of a buffer for maximum results. If the polishes don't help then you will likely need a body shop's assistance. Hope this helps!

Greg @ DI
Thanks Greg. I'll give the Meg's a try!
Old 04-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by Presto
any suggestions on how to remove tiny specs of dust/sand embedded into my windshield from lots of highway driving on dessert roads?
when the windows are clean i can see tiny dots and the glass is not smooth when i run my finger across

can i use an aggressive clay bar and lube or would a glass cleaner alone work? which one would you suggest?
I would highly recommend the Glass Science Glass Scrub, it's a deep cleaning formula that I use on my car and around the home (windows, shower door, etc.). In short just pour some on a wet foam applicator and buff it on with medium pressure, rinse clean and you're done. It should remove a lot of particles embedded in the micro-ridges of the glass. If it's affecting your driving you also may want to consider contacting your insurance company many of them offer front windshield replacements with no deductible, but obviously that varies. Good luck!

Greg @ DI
Old 04-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by RDDLINE
Whats up Greg! Im looking for a cleaner that is safe to use on my Rims. They have an anodized lip with super black chrome centers.

If you can get back to me with a recommended product, i will order today as i need something asap.

BTW....the Poorboys World S&W is THE BEST! Use it everyday when i get home for a quick cleaning. Love that stuff!
First off the whole car looks amazing, very nice work there. As for the wheels anodized wheels are VERY sensitive so you have to be very careful cleaning them. For a light cleaning soap and water should be fine but obviously at some point they may need a more thorough cleaning. For this task I'd suggest the SONAX Wheel Cleaner Full Effect. It's safe on anodized wheels according to the mfg but I would still test it on a small area just to be safe, which is what I recommend with any new product but especially with these wheels.

Glad to hear the Poorboy's World Spray & Wipe (S&W) is working so well it's a product I've been using for years!

Greg @ DI

Quick Reply: Ask a Professional Detailer... Brought to you by Detailed Image