Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Ask a Professional Detailer... Brought to you by Detailed Image

Old 01-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by stock_08
Hi, Was wondering if you can help me out on what products I will need to get the job done. This is going to be my first time working with a buffer. I have a buffer but not that many pads or cleaning products. My car has paint specs on it from neighbors painting their house. Was just wondering what all I would need to clean, polish and wax the car. Not alot of money to spend but nothing to expensive will do. Planning to gather all the products from you guys. Thanks in advance Kevin
Kevin,

Start off with a good washing and then I usually don't recommend a medium grade clay bar but the DI Packages DI Medium Grade Clay Bar 100g & Clay Lube would be good here. It will remove that paint and deep clean the paint. Next use the Meguiar's M105 with 2x Orange Pads and the M205 with 2x White Pads. When you are done apply your favorite sealant or wax. If you want to save some money the Rejex Sealant is great but the Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger is my favorite. Both can be applied by hand or pick up one blue pad. Let me know if you have any questions I'd be happy to help!

Greg @ DI
Old 01-18-2012, 05:57 PM
SnoopDawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BO and Supernatural haze/streaking ???

Hey fellow detailers, I finally got to use the Dodo Supernatural I bought a while back on my BO coupe and am seeing streaking/hazing when up close in direct sunlight. I thought that it would go away after the first wash but it's still there after. I tried QD and buffing but can't seem to get the streaking out, it's like the stuff doesn't dry... It has two coats, put on by hand about a day apart...

The car has FMJ underneath the wax but that was applied a couple of weeks before the waxing, so don't see that being the issue.

The depth is nice from a far but up close the car looks like @$$

Anybody seen these sympoms on their car with the Supernatural? I never had this problem with previous waxes...
Old 01-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by SnoopDawg
Hey fellow detailers, I finally got to use the Dodo Supernatural I bought a while back on my BO coupe and am seeing streaking/hazing when up close in direct sunlight. I thought that it would go away after the first wash but it's still there after. I tried QD and buffing but can't seem to get the streaking out, it's like the stuff doesn't dry... It has two coats, put on by hand about a day apart...

The car has FMJ underneath the wax but that was applied a couple of weeks before the waxing, so don't see that being the issue.

The depth is nice from a far but up close the car looks like @$$

Anybody seen these sympoms on their car with the Supernatural? I never had this problem with previous waxes...
Thank you for the support it's appreciated as always. The guys at AutoLavish do an outstanding job of talking about this exact topic specifically with the Supernatural here - Dodo Juice Supernatural Product Review. Your answer should be found about 1/3 of the way down under the subsection Re-hazing and Sweating. If you have any questions after reading that please let me know!

Greg @ DI
Old 01-19-2012, 01:46 PM
SnoopDawg

Originally Posted by Detailed Image
Thank you for the support it's appreciated as always. The guys at AutoLavish do an outstanding job of talking about this exact topic specifically with the Supernatural here - Dodo Juice Supernatural Product Review. Your answer should be found about 1/3 of the way down under the subsection Re-hazing and Sweating. If you have any questions after reading that please let me know!

Greg @ DI
Hi Greg, that's exactly what I'm seeing, thanks for the link and your continued support! Cheers!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by SnoopDawg
Hi Greg, that's exactly what I'm seeing, thanks for the link and your continued support! Cheers!
Glad that was helpful and don't hesitate to ask any questions we're here to help whenever we can!

Greg @ DI
Old 01-25-2012, 03:36 AM
NoKaOi G37X
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How do you get hard water spots removed from the front windshield? I tried 50-50 water and vinegar but it's still there. It's only noticeable when it's raining and my wipers are on. Makes driving very difficult as the hard water spots blur and reduce my vision.

Any advice is welcome and appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:31 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by NoKaOi G37X
How do you get hard water spots removed from the front windshield? I tried 50-50 water and vinegar but it's still there. It's only noticeable when it's raining and my wipers are on. Makes driving very difficult as the hard water spots blur and reduce my vision.

Any advice is welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

The Glass Science Glass Scrub is my go to product if the vinegar solution does not work. It removes about 95%+ of the water marks that vinegar won't remove. After that I highly recommend protecting the glass with a sealant or something like the Glass Science Rain Clear. This will repel moisture and make seeing in any condition much easier. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help.

Greg @ DI
Old 01-28-2012, 03:28 AM
NoKaOi G37X
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Greg I'll stop by your online store.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Mad Nash G

Just applied Supernatural this weekend using DI's discount. Wish I had seen this post first, but so far so good. I will see what it looks like in the morning, but this evening, I was pretty stoked about the results.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:13 AM
xtremeroller

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My car has some acid rain damage on the hood, roof and trunk. What can you recommend to get rid of these?
Old 02-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by xtremeroller
My car has some acid rain damage on the hood, roof and trunk. What can you recommend to get rid of these?
Are you sure it's acid rain or is it possibly just water mark etchings? Any chance you have some decent pics of the damage? Once I have some more info I'll try to help you out.

Greg @ DI
Old 02-02-2012, 06:17 PM
xtremeroller

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll see if I can take a few good shots tomorrow.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:13 AM
oro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got a predicament with my Zele Titanium exhaust and shift **** (Both are burnt titanium, don't want to lose the burnt finish), the shift **** looks horribly dull as is the exhaust, I've looked around at what to use to clean it and give it, its shiny luster again, but for the most part, on multiple forums I hear WD40 or Alcohol and you're outta luck from there, any product or input on keeping these things looking nice and new?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for being an active member on the forums, happy to support ya and awesome selection of products!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Taktix1

Gregg,
Any idea what product will help me get rid of this? This is my GF's car. She attempted to jump start her friends car today and accidently mixed up the positive/negative connections. The jumper cable literally burned into her bumper (as you can see from the picture). Thankfully she didn't mess her whole car up. I just want to get the black/white cable part off her headlight and bumper and prob try some touch up paint afterwards. Any help would be appreciated!!
Name:  photo3.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  39.3 KB
Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  48.9 KB
Name:  photo1.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  32.5 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ask a Professional Detailer... Brought to you by Detailed Image