Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Ask a Professional Detailer... Brought to you by Detailed Image

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:04 PM
NixG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
George, thank you for confirmation. Just waitin for them to arrive. Will come back and get more great products from you later.

Nix
Old 05-19-2009, 11:40 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey George....thanks for the recommendations on products you made....turns out that the Dodo Juice Diamond White wax was your product special for the day, so I went ahead and made a pretty decent-sized purchase! Looking forward to the new products.

Question, do you think DI will be carrying Stoner Invisible Glass with Rain Repellent spray?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by NixG37
George, thank you for confirmation. Just waitin for them to arrive. Will come back and get more great products from you later.

Nix
Thanks, let me know if there's anything else I can give you a hand with.

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
Hey George....thanks for the recommendations on products you made....turns out that the Dodo Juice Diamond White wax was your product special for the day, so I went ahead and made a pretty decent-sized purchase! Looking forward to the new products.

Question, do you think DI will be carrying Stoner Invisible Glass with Rain Repellent spray?
Be sure to keep us posted on what you think of the Dodo Juice wax when you get a chance to use it. We'll be making a product expansion push later in the year, I'll be sure to keep the IG w/ Repellent in mind when we do.

Thanks again for your support!

George
Old 05-21-2009, 04:05 PM
g-starnyc

i have some water marks on my car took it to some guy for detail but his wack . what can i use to remove water marks and bird poop ???
Old 05-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Lucky_One

Im in the middle of detailing my car. the car is already clayed, and now i am polishing it. turns out the mezerna po106fa is able to remove 98% of the swirls that are on my car.
i am unable to finish the detail in one sitting...so far it has taken my three days to wash and clay the whole car ( i work alot). its been sunny the past couple of days, but looks like rain for the weekend. how much damage can the rain do on the car's paint if it is unprotected for several days.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:53 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I love the dodo juice I had before. What one is good for red paint?
Old 05-24-2009, 03:26 PM
alexdee

Hey George, what would you recommend for getting out bloodstains on the leather?

Thanks!
Old 05-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by g-starnyc
i have some water marks on my car took it to some guy for detail but his wack . what can i use to remove water marks and bird poop ???
Usually to remove water spots and bird dropping etchings you'll have to polish your paint using a quality buffer. Even that doesn't ensure you will remove them unfortunately, depending on how bad the marks are. Basically, you'll want to start with the least aggressive polish and work your way up to a more aggressive polish as needed. A good starting point would be Menzerna Power Finish on a white or green pad. Here's a link to our polishing guide so you can get the most out of removing your marks.

Originally Posted by Lucky_One
Im in the middle of detailing my car. the car is already clayed, and now i am polishing it. turns out the mezerna po106fa is able to remove 98% of the swirls that are on my car.
i am unable to finish the detail in one sitting...so far it has taken my three days to wash and clay the whole car ( i work alot). its been sunny the past couple of days, but looks like rain for the weekend. how much damage can the rain do on the car's paint if it is unprotected for several days.
It really depends on so many factors. How hard or acidic the rain is, how long it sits, if the sun bakes it into your paint and causes etching, etc. There is the possibility you'd have to re-polish some areas or you could just have to rinse it off. What I'd recommend next time around is using a quick detailer that offers some protection between your detailing days so it's quick and easy for you to protect your car when you call it a day. Depending on what step your on though, you may want to remove the protection before you start again. For example, if you were planning on sealing the car, I'd use a paint cleaner or AIO product to remove the protection and prep the surface for the sealant. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I love the dodo juice I had before. What one is good for red paint?

Banana Armour
and Orange Crush are designed to work with warmer colored vehicles, like the reds. Supernatural looks stunning on red as well. Check the video on the Supernatural page to see how it looks on a red Ferrari, definitely one of the top waxes I've used to date.

Let us know what you end up going with and how things turn out.

Cheers,

George
Old 05-24-2009, 11:50 PM
Lucky_One

It really depends on so many factors. How hard or acidic the rain is, how long it sits, if the sun bakes it into your paint and causes etching, etc. There is the possibility you'd have to re-polish some areas or you could just have to rinse it off. What I'd recommend next time around is using a quick detailer that offers some protection between your detailing days so it's quick and easy for you to protect your car when you call it a day. Depending on what step your on though, you may want to remove the protection before you start again. For example, if you were planning on sealing the car, I'd use a paint cleaner or AIO product to remove the protection and prep the surface for the sealant. Hope this helps.
thanks that helps alot. Ill apply some QD in between days. Then when im done polishing, can i rewash the car with dishwasher soap to remove to protection and start to glaze and seal?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by Lucky_One
thanks that helps alot. Ill apply some QD in between days. Then when im done polishing, can i rewash the car with dishwasher soap to remove to protection and start to glaze and seal?
Yep, that should do the trick. Keep us posted on how everything turns out.

All the best,

George
Old 05-25-2009, 03:59 PM
alexdee

George, what do you recommend for getting blood stains out of the leather?
Old 05-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by alexdee
George, what do you recommend for getting blood stains out of the leather?
An all purpose cleaner at the right dilution should do the trick. Something like 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover or P21S Total Auto Wash (may want to use diluted 1:1 at first). You may need to agitate the area with a medium bristled brush to help remove the stains.

I'd recommend following up with a leather care product with some UV protection to protect your leather. Poorboy's Leather Stuff or Optimum Protectant Plus would be good options.

Good luck,

George
Old 06-02-2009, 12:49 AM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My car use to sit in the rain and sun and everything. Sometimes for week or month without cleaning and everytime I clean i would only wash with car soap and drying but nothing else. Now i learn about detailing but my question is.

Ok i put on my new lip today and the lip is really white but no matter how i wash my car. it has always been yellowish white and not the white it use to be from factory. will a detail fix that?
Old 06-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by jnguyen
My car use to sit in the rain and sun and everything. Sometimes for week or month without cleaning and everytime I clean i would only wash with car soap and drying but nothing else. Now i learn about detailing but my question is.

Ok i put on my new lip today and the lip is really white but no matter how i wash my car. it has always been yellowish white and not the white it use to be from factory. will a detail fix that?
It really depends on what is causing the lip to turn yellowish. If it's oxidation or just dirty, then yes a detail will probably help fix it. Do you have any pics by chance, that could help determine the problem.

Cheers,

George
Old 06-02-2009, 11:03 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What is better for applying the supernatural. Black, Blue or Red pad?

Quick Reply: Ask a Professional Detailer... Brought to you by Detailed Image