The "4 door Z" build (4DRZ)- 13 G37S 6spd sedan - Page 56 - MyG37



Build Threads

The "4 door Z" build (4DRZ)- 13 G37S 6spd sedan

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2018, 10:31 AM   #826  
Hashim
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Hashim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Toronto
Posts: 744
Thanked 109 Times in 94 Posts
Congrats on the baby man!

My wife hates the ride in my car because its too "bumpy" for her, but I took my son home from the hospital in it and to this day he only cries or yells in it when the car isn't moving, oh and the wide opening of the rear doors makes the G super baby friendly. The only things I did do to the car to make it more baby friendly were to remove the CD changer from the trunk and put in the non-cd changer upper liner so the stroller fits in easier with other baby junk. Also more recently I tinted the windows to keep the sun out of the baby's eyes.


RE: the FSTB, I won't wade into the performance aspect of it, but for what its worth, I will say that in my experience a surprising amount of maintenance on this car requires removing the bar or at least one side making it a PITA.

I used to care about it cosmetically, but now mine is all scratched up from me jamming a pry bar into one side to unload it so I can get it out of the way to do basic stuff, the only reason I do keep it is because I do notice a difference in driving when its not on...it may be mild, but i notice it..
Hashim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hashim For This Useful Post:
4DRZ (07-14-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 02:19 PM   #827  
4DRZ
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
4DRZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 2,500
Thanked 202 Times in 163 Posts
Thanks again for all the advice on the new baby girl coming our way in early November. I am surprised to hear a number of you say the bumpier ride is not necessarily a bad thing. Maybe I will just keep my suspension, especially since Splitter takes forever to get back to me about his KW.
4DRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:31 PM   #828  
Rochester
Lifetime Premier Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Rochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 13,411
Thanked 2,609 Times in 2,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRZ View Post
I am surprised to hear a number of you say the bumpier ride is not necessarily a bad thing.
Makes all kinds of sense when you think about it. All the baby knows is a loud, bumpy experience before birth.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:25 PM   #829  
4DRZ
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
4DRZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 2,500
Thanked 202 Times in 163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
Makes all kinds of sense when you think about it. All the baby knows is a loud, bumpy experience before birth.
Good point. That does make sense.
4DRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:01 AM   #830  
4DRZ
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
4DRZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 2,500
Thanked 202 Times in 163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
If you don't ever detail your engine bay, I suppose you won't need to remove the FSTB. Fair point. But when you do have that need, you're going to regret not having a simple two-bolt design.
Looks like there is plenty of clearance underneath the Alutec strut tower brace for cleaning so it should never need to be removed.




4DRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:43 AM   #831  
Rochester
Lifetime Premier Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Rochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 13,411
Thanked 2,609 Times in 2,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRZ View Post
...so it should never need to be removed.
Famous last words, buddy.

Looks like you went with the Alutec after all. Well, it was what you set out to do in the first place, and you seem pretty stubborn.

Have you tossed the car around yet to assess what's what?
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:20 PM   #832  
Nico-derm
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 485
Thanked 68 Times in 56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
Famous last words, buddy.

Looks like you went with the Alutec after all. Well, it was what you set out to do in the first place, and you seem pretty stubborn.

Have you tossed the car around yet to assess what's what?
Both pictures are Alutec branded... makes me believe itís website and not his car, John.
Nico-derm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:38 PM   #833  
Rochester
Lifetime Premier Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Rochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 13,411
Thanked 2,609 Times in 2,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico-derm View Post
Both pictures are Alutec branded... makes me believe it’s website and not his car, John.
Good eye. I saw the white car and assumed... but missed the lack of a long-tube intake.

Also, upon second look, that's a Coupe. Doh!

OK. Nvrmnd.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:23 PM   #834  
4DRZ
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
4DRZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 2,500
Thanked 202 Times in 163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
Famous last words, buddy.

Looks like you went with the Alutec after all. Well, it was what you set out to do in the first place, and you seem pretty stubborn.

Have you tossed the car around yet to assess what's what?
Those are just pictures off of the website. Clearly there is a lot of room underneath, but I am still wondering why you would ever need to remove a strut tower brace.

I don't want a 3pc. strut tower brace as they flex under load. I already had a Cusco bar on another car.
4DRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:43 AM   #835  
r2dmax
Registered User
 
r2dmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Charlotte, NC from OH thru VA
Posts: 683
Thanked 60 Times in 55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRZ View Post
Those are just pictures off of the website. Clearly there is a lot of room underneath, but I am still wondering why you would ever need to remove a strut tower brace.

I don't want a 3pc. strut tower brace as they flex under load. I already had a Cusco bar on another car.
For most people it's a "bling" item with a bit of purpose. If you aren't completely track oriented a little give in the FSTB won't be a concern. But it will be simple to undo one or 2 bolts vs removing the 6 on the shock tower if it has to be removed for some reason.
r2dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:13 PM   #836  
4DRZ
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
4DRZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 2,500
Thanked 202 Times in 163 Posts
We just got some not so great news on our baby girl that is due in early Nov. We spent 7 hours at the Milwaukee Children's Hospital yesterday to find out that she has duodenal atresia. This means the duodenum (connects stomach to small intestine) did not evolve from a solid tube to a hollow one so her digestive system will not work and she will require surgery right after birth. She will probably be in the Children's Hospital NICU for 3 weeks to 2 months. There are also a number of other birth defects that are related to duodenal atresia, including down syndrome. We realize that things could be a lot worse and remain hopeful that everything turns out ok.
4DRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:19 PM   #837  
Rochester
Lifetime Premier Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Rochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 13,411
Thanked 2,609 Times in 2,029 Posts
Oh man. Stay strong, stay together.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rochester For This Useful Post:
4DRZ (07-14-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 03:29 PM   #838  
Lego_Maniac
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,364
Thanked 386 Times in 333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRZ View Post
We just got some not so great news on our baby girl that is due in early Nov. We spent 7 hours at the Milwaukee Children's Hospital yesterday to find out that she has duodenal atresia. This means the duodenum (connects stomach to small intestine) did not evolve from a solid tube to a hollow one so her digestive system will not work and she will require surgery right after birth. She will probably be in the Children's Hospital NICU for 3 weeks to 2 months. There are also a number of other birth defects that are related to duodenal atresia, including down syndrome. We realize that things could be a lot worse and remain hopeful that everything turns out ok.
Sorry to hear this. Realize sometimes doctors lay everything out no matter how remote the possibilities are. We heard some scary things about our first, including down/edward's syndrome. The NICU staff will be absolutely amazing. Just be prepared to wash your hands, a lot

Hope for the best, and keep the wifey comfy.
Lego_Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lego_Maniac For This Useful Post:
4DRZ (07-14-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 03:29 PM   #839  
Hashim
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Hashim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Toronto
Posts: 744
Thanked 109 Times in 94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
Oh man. Stay strong, stay together.
+1 Hang in there
Hashim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hashim For This Useful Post:
4DRZ (07-14-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 05:07 PM   #840  
4DRZ
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
4DRZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 2,500
Thanked 202 Times in 163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac View Post
Sorry to hear this. Realize sometimes doctors lay everything out no matter how remote the possibilities are. We heard some scary things about our first, including down/edward's syndrome. The NICU staff will be absolutely amazing. Just be prepared to wash your hands, a lot

Hope for the best, and keep the wifey comfy.

Yeah, 1 of the 4 doctors we met yesterday was all doom and gloom, but everyone else there was great. Haha on the washing hands bit. I bet that gets old.

Thanks for all the support guys!
4DRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
G37 Sedan Spats 2010+ OBG37 G37 Sedan 15 12-22-2016 01:18 PM
FS stillen SUPERCHARGER kit BANNISTER Private Classifieds 24 12-10-2015 04:14 PM
FS G37 Sedan Tail Lights vquezada24 Private Classifieds 10 11-20-2015 04:51 PM
2010 G37 Sedan Headlight Help Requested! maybeg37 Body Interior Exterior Lighting 9 09-08-2015 02:33 PM
FS G37 Sedan Stock/Factory Springs em1990 Private Classifieds 0 08-11-2015 01:22 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 PM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, MYG37.COM All Rights Reserved.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.