Go Back  MyG37 > G-Spot > Build Threads
Reload this Page >

The "4 door Z" build (4DRZ)- 13 G37S 6spd sedan

Notices
Build Threads

The "4 door Z" build (4DRZ)- 13 G37S 6spd sedan

Old 09-11-2018, 09:44 PM
4DRZ

So I got the strut tower brace installed about a week ago. As I suspected, it does not do a whole lot in terms of driving performance. The turn-in is ever so slightly sharper if you need to swerve out of the way of anything so it would maybe be a good mod for autocross. The only real difference I notice on the street is that I feel more of the road in the steering wheel, almost like my front suspension is not as independent anymore since the tops of the coilovers are now directly linked. I don't think it will make much difference on track either as your steering inputs need to be smooth. The other thing I noticed is that it sits extremely close/rubs on the A/C line on the driver's side. So I sliced open part of a rubber hose to protect the A/C line from any rubbing.

Bit of a tight fit on the driver's side.

At least it is something else shiny to look at under the hood.

The Following User Says Thank You to 4DRZ For This Useful Post:
Rochester (09-11-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 01:04 AM
4DRZ

On Sunday I took a long drive with some friends on bikes/cars on very twisty roads with the G37. The last hour of driving to the 1/2 way point and back is pure bliss through dense forest with roads so twisty that there are no passing zones, only areas to pull off for slower cars. It's very scenic and amazing as long as you don't run into traffic. We got lucky on the way home and had virtually no traffic. It was amazing and the car handled unbelievably well. My best friend was behind me in a modified WRX trying to keep up, but the G was just so planted and so fast through the corners. These are the types of drives I really look forward to. Now if I could just get Wisconsin to repave all of our roads to be so twisty.
The Following User Says Thank You to 4DRZ For This Useful Post:
r2dmax (09-17-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 07:07 PM
4DRZ

About half way done with cleaning all the bugs off from last weekend.

Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM
4DRZ

Well after a couple of weeks of driving with the ends of my Sparco seat slider plasti dipped to try to get rid of the noise, I think I finally fixed the problem. Phew! That took 6 months to track down! The crazy part is that it really sounded like it was coming from the dash. The weird thing is that I am actually driving smoother now because I was shifting at strange rpms trying to not hear the vibration at 2,300 rpms. I'm so glad that is fixed!

In other news, I seem to be getting noise from the passenger side front suspension area and my front tires are wearing more on the inside and cupping again. My suspension sounds like something is loose and knocking around, but everything looks tight. I think it might be the end link for my front sway bar wearing out again. The grease coming out of the bottom of it when I hooked up to the zerk fitting was pretty brown. Looks like I might have to get some adjustable upper control arms and some heavier duty front end links. Bummer.