Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

New Navigation Looks Like It Still SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 12:33 PM
GT-R

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
Now I know why the new look is feminine, 'cause they designed it for a bunch of whining complainers!!!!
Exactly! LOL...

Old 06-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ ^ lol
Old 06-14-2007, 02:18 PM
jokerzcard6

Originally Posted by verbal assassin
haha. dumb *** statement of the month. any dumb *** can loose control. ur car doesn't have to be fast. and be real, the G isn't really all that FAST. haha.
wow does it get more cynical than this guy? are you an F1 Driver?
Old 06-14-2007, 03:24 PM
s2k_g35

I had the opportunity to test drive the 07 G37x sedan and I believe its way better than my 04 g35c nav or my 05 TL. Almost every options is there.
Its a wonderful product but TL might have a better nav since its in the market longer.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:39 PM
timn99

Yes, would like to hear from the original poster what your point was.

Also let us know if you've first-hand experience with the new Infiniti NAV because you seem to make many incorrect assumptions.

Originally Posted by GT-R
I am still wondering what is the point of this original post?

Your complaining about things that don't even exist in production anymore.

That is like someone complaining now about how the first gen TL, first gen RL, and Vigor were major flops!

So you think the people at Nissan/Infiniti are idiots for not allowing you to do what you want to the nav-system while the car is moving.

Easy solution, don't buy their cars. Simple as that. They have plenty of buyers already.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by timn99
Also let us know if you've first-hand experience with the new Infiniti NAV because you seem to make many incorrect assumptions.
It's blatantly obvious that he hasn't had any experience with the 2nd gen Navi......everything he has stated so far has been incorrect.

Anyways, enough of this debating. The Navi in the 2nd gen G is amazing and I am sure that any of you guys that are purchasing the G37 will not be disappointed.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:53 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

I'm going to Riverside Infiniti to check out the 2nd gen navigation (07 Sedan). I'm really forward to seeing all the options and graphics (I'm really into high-tech stuff). Thank you Japanese and Koreans!
Old 06-21-2007, 06:47 AM
bostonmerlin

i almost hate bringing this thread back to life.. but i ran across an article this morning which made me think about what we were talking about in this thread... i.e. nav safety. I couldnt believe (well i guess i can) some drivers "text message" from the front seat while driving to those in the back. WTF!

Top 10 Mistakes Young Drivers Make

By Kelsey Mays, Cars.com
<!-- XML Section element -->It's no secret that teen drivers are at greater risk for accidents than older adults — four times greater, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Chalk it up to a number of factors, among them inexperience dealing with emergency situations, distracted driving and the inclination to show off to friends.

Gary Tsifrin, founder of Oakland, Calif.-based DriversEd.com, shared his expertise on some of the most common mistakes young drivers make.
Being Distracted Behind the Wheel

Cell phones, CDs, food and even text messages can pose serious distractions to drivers. In some cases, drivers will even text their backseat passengers, Tsifrin said. Distracted driving contributes to 80 percent of collisions.

In January, a national survey by the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and State Farm Insurance reported that 89 percent of teens said they observed other teens driving and talking on their cell phones, and nearly half admitted to doing the same. More troubling is that 53 percent said they observed their peers using handheld devices, like iPods or text-messaging phones, while behind the wheel.

Any form of distraction increases the risk of accident. In 2006, a yearlong study by Virginia Tech observed 241 Washington, D.C., drivers and concluded that distracted driving contributed to 80 percent of collisions. In rear-end accidents, 93 percent of drivers had looked away from the road at some point during the 3 seconds before impact.

full article here:
http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story....er=&aff=boston
Old 06-21-2007, 12:10 PM
mantisG35

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
i almost hate bringing this thread back to life.. but i ran across an article this morning which made me think about what we were talking about in this thread... i.e. nav safety. I couldnt believe (well i guess i can) some drivers "text message" from the front seat while driving to those in the back. WTF!

full article here:
http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story....er=&aff=boston
you're joking right?
people do makeup, read novels, shave, brush their teeth, reply to text messages, dance, and CONSTANTLY talk on cell phones.
i cant wait till 2008 when people cannot use their cell phones without earpiece anymore