Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

New Navigation Looks Like It Still SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Meth68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by verbal assassin
plus their engine doesnt burn oil. and fwd are better suited for 60% of the drivers here. do a search, how many dumbazzes crash their 38K+ G because they can't handle a RWD car?

learn to crawl b4 u walk. also most of them have AT too. hahah. wtf is that about. cant drive worth shlt.

Your right, if you want to crawl buy a honda

Learn how to drive and you wont have an issue with a rwd car...it's not our fault that Honda's cant go fast enough to loose control or warrant traction control
Old 06-12-2007, 06:47 PM
verbal assassin
Banned

Originally Posted by Meth68
Your right, if you want to crawl buy a honda

Learn how to drive and you wont have an issue with a rwd car...it's not our fault that Honda's cant go fast enough to loose control or warrant traction control
haha. dumb *** statement of the month. any dumb *** can loose control. ur car doesn't have to be fast. and be real, the G isn't really all that FAST. haha.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:54 PM
wyatthanson

Agree with Verbal. Sorry Meth, but I bet S2Ki has more accidents than G35driver. That car needs traction control if it's in the hands of a beginner, more than a G would. But nice try. Maybe suggest a Saturn next time in your point.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:51 PM
GT-R

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by civic4982
Technologically speaking Nissan is behind the curve. They're just now getting into variable intake and exhaust timings on their V6 motors where as their german counterparts have been doing it for an entire generation of automobiles. What I do appreciate is the recent ingenuity for the dual intake manifolds offered on the HR motor but in other aspects the automotive industry is leaving Nissan to trail behind.
Like what exactly?

If Nissan is behind with VVEL, compared to BMW's Valvetronic, then Honda is far behind with the introduction of AVTEC, as is Toyota with Valvematic.

Honda has announced it’s next generation VTEC engine, the Advanced VTEC engine (AVTEC) which will make it’s debut in a production car within the next three years. Honda’s new Advanced VTEC (AVTEC) engine combines continuously variable valve lift and timing control with the continuously variable phase control of valve timing to achieve a good combination of better performance, fuel economy, and lower emissions. This is an improvement over the i-VTEC system which has preset changeover settings in valve lift - the new AVTEC system can adjust the valve lift continuously.
Sorry, 6+3 years too late Honda...
Old 06-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Sukairain

The new Infiniti Nav kicks major *** all across the field. The new HDD based NAV is so much faster than what the competition offers. I think it's redundant to have 4 different type of input mechanism on the new NAV though. (touch screen, voice, steering wheel control, center console bottons) It's better to have too much than too little.

The new Infiniti NAV system IMO is better than the Lexus or Acura ones. I agree prior to the G37 though the Infiniti NAV wasn't up to par with the competition. As far as front wheel goes...... hahahahaha, why bother calling the TL/TSX 'sport sedans' if you are going to use front wheel drive platform? It's embarrasing.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Meth68

I guess you guys missed the point of my reply being a joke? I was just commenting on verbal assassin silly reply about how people crack up their coupes because they cant handle a rwd car
Old 06-13-2007, 11:52 AM
G35_TX
Premier Member

FYI I had two G35's and now a TL and a RL. The Navi on my 06 TL is light years better than both my older G35's and I have messed with the one on the new G35 Sedan. It is not better than the Acura NAVI. It is about the same and finally caught up. But Acura Navi still has a benefit. It can be used while driving unlike Infiniti's. The 06 RL is better than our TL. I love the real-time traffic information. Very nice!

BTW, you had the old NAVI system the newer ones from Acura are much better and support the BT and phonebook opens. Still ahead of Infiniti when they implemented it.

Originally Posted by timn99
Have you played with the 07 G navi, or is that a blanket statement? Let us know your observations/comparison if you don't mind me asking.

I came from an 04 TL and while Acura/Honda navi is good in the industry, the new Infiniti navi is much better. Acura/Honda may have enhanced since my 04 TL, but the current Infiniti navi is simply terrific!

The new Infiniti bluetooth and phonebook setup kicks *ss. The Acuras had no visual display of the phonebook, everything was voice prompted but at least they had voicetags.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:56 AM
G35_TX
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Sukairain
The new Infiniti Nav kicks major *** all across the field. The new HDD based NAV is so much faster than what the competition offers. I think it's redundant to have 4 different type of input mechanism on the new NAV though. (touch screen, voice, steering wheel control, center console bottons) It's better to have too much than too little.

The new Infiniti NAV system IMO is better than the Lexus or Acura ones. I agree prior to the G37 though the Infiniti NAV wasn't up to par with the competition. As far as front wheel goes...... hahahahaha, why bother calling the TL/TSX 'sport sedans' if you are going to use front wheel drive platform? It's embarrasing.
I guess you missed the tests where the TL-S beat the 07 G on the track.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_TX
FYI I had two G35's and now a TL and a RL. The Navi on my 06 TL is light years better than both my older G35's and I have messed with the one on the new G35 Sedan. It is not better than the Acura NAVI. It is about the same and finally caught up. But Acura Navi still has a benefit. It can be used while driving unlike Infiniti's. The 06 RL is better than our TL. I love the real-time traffic information. Very nice!

BTW, you had the old NAVI system the newer ones from Acura are much better and support the BT and phonebook opens. Still ahead of Infiniti when they implemented it.
Russ, you've obviously never used the Navi in the 2nd generation G's. Your statement makes it sound like you can't use the Navi whatsoever in the G while you're driving. The is completely incorrect. Voice commands will let you do almost everything while the car is moving compared to when the car is parked.

I personally don't care if the Acura Navigation is better than the G or vice versa. But let's at least try to keep it real. I have no experience with the Navigation system in the TL, which is why I haven't commented on it.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:18 PM
N50

Are we all spoiled?? Be glad that you have a navigation system of any kind. Period. It's saved my a** more than once. Who cares which system is better so long as they both help you get to point B from A. Good lord.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:00 PM
G35_TX
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Russ, you've obviously never used the Navi in the 2nd generation G's. Your statement makes it sound like you can't use the Navi whatsoever in the G while you're driving. The is completely incorrect. Voice commands will let you do almost everything while the car is moving compared to when the car is parked.

I personally don't care if the Acura Navigation is better than the G or vice versa. But let's at least try to keep it real. I have no experience with the Navigation system in the TL, which is why I haven't commented on it.
No you can not USE the Navigation like you would sitting still and not driving. You can use voice commands on either of them. But to me I hate the voice commands and do my commands via the touchscreen. The Infiniti will not allow you to do this while you are driving. But on the Acura touchscreen still works and you can still input addresses, etc while driving.

I never said it was BETTER. As you can see above I said it was equal but the Acura allows you to use it while driving without using voice commands. This is one of the major draw backs that other navi systems have had in reviews.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:28 PM
verbal assassin
Banned

i think we were all saying that prior to the 07 navi, infiniti was lagging behind the competition. fast forward to now, infiniti has caught up with the competition.

u have to admit, the 05 navi was a pos. hahaha. Super Nintendo interface. 06 wasn't that much better.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:05 PM
civic4982

^ u still can't use the infiniti navi (even the new one) while driving unless you get the KPTechnologies module and trick the unit, please correct me here if I am wrong but this is what I've noticed when test driving the new sedan.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:19 PM
N50

^ u still can't use the infiniti navi (even the new one) while driving unless you get the KPTechnologies module and trick the unit, please correct me here if I am wrong but this is what I've noticed when test driving the new sedan.
You're right...but think. If you get into an accident caused by you paying more attention to or programming your navi instead of watching the road, do you really think Infiniti wants to be liable (in any way) for your action? No. Which is why it is the way it is. They don't even want to take a chance.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes you can, using voice commands. I find using voice commands much better since you keep your eyes on the road and not trying to navigate through different menus while trying to drive.

Quick Reply: New Navigation Looks Like It Still SUCKS