Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Audio system issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 05:23 PM
parkern
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audio system issues

I'm wondering if anyone has had the issue I'm currently having. I have the Bose audio system in my G37 sedan. 70% of the time when I get in the car, it doesn't work. The navigation, backup camera, and everything else works. But I can't turn the volume up or down, switch from radio to cd or aux, and no sound comes from the speakers. If someone calls, the call goes through the bluetooth, but there's no audio. They can hear me talking though. The other 30% of the time I get in the car and the audio works perfectly, like it should. There was one time that it wasn't working when I started driving, but started working a few minutes later.

I took it to an audio place and they couldn't figure it out. I'm going to take it to the dealer but am nervous that it's going to end up costing a ton. Does anyone know what the issue might be, or have any ideas to try and fix it? Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 10-01-2015, 10:15 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Before you drop coin at the dealer, you could pull out the unit and check that the connectors on the back are seated properly, and there are no pinched wires.