Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 11:59 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
I mean, the numbers are backed up by dyno results for both the exhaust and intakes. Of course we don't know all the details of how it was tested since the company itself was the one handling all those details.

I do remember seeing one user on here gain 29whp from the Stillen Gen 3. Everyone called out BS but he had a dyno sheet to prove it. I'm not implying that to be just the stillen there had to be more at play but I personally at least think it's a big difference like I said.
You can unlock a lot of power with a tune, you'll most definitely need one to get that kind of number.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:05 AM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by the93owner
You can unlock a lot of power with a tune, you'll most definitely need one to get that kind of number.
Speaking of which, I have exhaust and a CAI now.... time for a tune? How much do they normally run? I wouldn't even know where to go.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:15 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Google is your friend. Also, thousands of words on this board about tunes.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:17 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Received a couple of goodies in the mail a couple weeks ago and finally had a few minutes to install them!

Looking really good!!! Where did you get your CF grille from?
Old 04-26-2017, 09:55 AM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
Speaking of which, I have exhaust and a CAI now.... time for a tune? How much do they normally run? I wouldn't even know where to go.
I think most people are going with the UpRev tune. Do you have HFC or test pipes? I'd get that too before getting tuned.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:03 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
I think most people are going with the UpRev tune. Do you have HFC or test pipes? I'd get that too before getting tuned.
IDK about that. Over the last few years on this forum, it feels like there's a shift to EcuTek over UpRev. It's just an impression, any might mean absolutely nothing, or be completely wrong.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:43 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

I think its mixed and personally wouldn't recommend the added cost of EcuTek unless your FI or plan on going FI. With the latest ARC updates, both now offer very similar options and Uprev is typically a few hundred less.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:43 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
The last piece of my brake puzzle came in today, the damn decals lol. Now just have to clear them, and theyre going on the car!
Old 04-26-2017, 09:33 PM
RxRyanM
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Got my last TPMS sensor in (after Amazon shipped 3 that got overnighted and delivered yesterday), so I can finally take my wheels to have the tires put on, balanced, and mounted. Finally.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:06 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
IDK about that. Over the last few years on this forum, it feels like there's a shift to EcuTek over UpRev. It's just an impression, any might mean absolutely nothing, or be completely wrong.
+1 with DFS, The ARC Updates added a bunch of new features to UpRev. An EcuTek tune is easily $6-700. Not worth it if you're NA.

Originally Posted by RxRyanM
Got my last TPMS sensor in (after Amazon shipped 3 that got overnighted and delivered yesterday), so I can finally take my wheels to have the tires put on, balanced, and mounted. Finally.
Which TPMS sensors did you go with, and what year is your car?
Old 04-26-2017, 10:16 PM
Mr Nurner

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
washed, did clay bar, polished and waxed her over the last weekend (unfortunately the fronts already been blasted with bugs ), then decided today to dip the fog surround rings black with glossifier today and snapped a few pics after. gives the front a smidgen more of an aggressive appearance, seemingly making the bumper opening appear larger. I've been meaning to do this a while now. enjoy!

Also these are the first pictures i've been able to get since going from the 5k white/amber vleds v3 triton switchbacks to amber/amber v3 triton switchbacks as mentioned here in a previous post.

Last edited by Mr Nurner; 06-27-2017 at 11:12 PM. Reason: changed image host
Old 04-26-2017, 11:43 PM
RxRyanM
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
Which TPMS sensors did you go with, and what year is your car?
It's a 2012. Autel MX sensor @ 315Mhz (
linky linky
). Hopefully it'll work haha. Haven't had them programmed/turned on/whatever the first step is, but I'm thinking they should.

Originally Posted by Mr Nurner
washed, did clay bar, polished and waxed her over the last weekend (unfortunately the fronts already been blasted with bugs ), then decided today to dip the fog surround rings black with glossifier today and snapped a few pics after. gives the front a smidgen more of an aggressive appearence, seemingly making the bumper opening appear larger. i've been meaning to do this a while now. enjoy!

Also these are the first pictures i've been able to get since going from the 5k white/amber vleds v3 triton switchbacks to amber/amber v3 triton switchbacks as mentioned here in a previous post.
Car looks VERY GOOD. Bugs are definitely the worst thing about heading back into the warmer months.

Last edited by RxRyanM; 04-27-2017 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Ignorance
Old 04-26-2017, 11:50 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

washed, did clay bar, polished and waxed her over the last weekend (unfortunately the fronts already been blasted with bugs ), then decided today to dip the fog surround rings black with glossifier today and snapped a few pics after. gives the front a smidgen more of an aggressive appearence, seemingly making the bumper opening appear larger. i've been meaning to do this a while now. enjoy!

HOLY BUGS!!! You should have looked into ceramic coating since you toons the steps needed prior to applying it.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:59 AM
Entcee
Premier Member

Received 123 Likes on 80 Posts

Did you have to remove the bumper to get the fog surround rings off?
Old 04-27-2017, 10:14 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by Entcee
Did you have to remove the bumper to get the fog surround rings off?
You don't have to remove the bumper. Turn in your wheel, and peel back the wheel-well liner enough to get your arm in there. Then just unclip the rings.

Heck, some people have the knack to remove those rings directly from the front.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?