Build Threads

Rochester's new G

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by owslystnly
I should add, your white G looks fantabulous. I really like the white. Is your interior black?
Stone Leather. In person, it looks more "cream" than "gray". Either way, I like it. Never been a fan of black interiors. Although I wish the dash and steering wheel were black, like the G35 and the 2009 G37. I'm not fond of having a non-black steering wheel.

Other than that, very content with Stone Leather. Here... not the best interior shot, but anyway.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:17 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
i thought the "stone" interior came with black upper interior parts, i.e. dash, wheel, upper doors. i knew "wheat" came with tan upper interiors, but all the "stone" models i've been in have black dashes and wheels, etc.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:26 PM
owslystnly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally, I think the white ext with the black interior is one of the nicest combos for the G. Light colored interiors scare me. Unless it is a red exterior. I like light colored interior with red exterior. But I also like hawaiian shirts. So........
Old 04-18-2012, 05:47 PM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
I also prefer lighter colored interiors (heat in Texas in the summer with black leather = ouch). However my past 2 vehicles have had tan interior coloring and I got tired of it so I went with black this time. Hopefully won't be regretting that decision come June. Still wish we could get the seat coolers on the G.

I also think the light colors look best with wood accents, I originally wanted a white one with the stone (exactly like yours Rochester), but the graphite shadow with black was on special and was $2k less than the white one and included tint/paint interior protection (dealer had it for a while and wanted it gone). Since Graphite shadow was my 2nd choice I decided $2k could be put towards mods down the line when its paid off.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by canucklehead
but all the "stone" models i've been in have black dashes and wheels, etc.
2009 was the last year for that. Starting 2010, they moved away from the black dash and started color matching.

It is what it is.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:13 PM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Honestly id prefer the color matching. if i wanted black id get black. Besides color matching adds.less contrast imo
Old 04-19-2012, 02:22 PM
avciugroar
Registered Member

Rochester, did you miss the last post on page 5? lol

Originally Posted by pdpMIATA
Honestly id prefer the color matching. if i wanted black id get black. Besides color matching adds.less contrast imo
So do you set your car's display, computer monitor, tv, and phone to very low contrast too? Just kidding. I like the appeal of contrasting colors. I think it makes peoples brains work differently. Like red and yellow has been known to make people hungry, that's why mcdonalds uses it in their logo.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by avciugroar
I've enjoyed reading your posts on maxima.org for some time. I too followed this path with my 09 G37S 6MT. I'm also coming from a 5.5 Gen 6MT Maxima.
Thanks. Another Org member moves up to the G.

I like the revised styling of the 2010+ G's mostly for the fog lights. Im not crazy for the new grille. If you didnt know, the 2009 is the only year that's a cross between the 07-08 35's and 10-12 37's.
Well, I love the new grille. It has more edge to it. Same for the whole front bumper on the Sport Sedan. Yes, 2009 is the mid-mid-model refresh. It's a unique year, and was the model year I was going for, until this 2011 crossed my path and I snagged it.

Anyway, glad to see I'm still in the same community as you, with your surprisingly smooth wits, and colorful adjectives. Lol.
Surprisingly.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:00 PM
avciugroar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Well, I love the new grille.

Surprisingly.
It kind of looks like an open mouth, about to eat the vehicle in front of it.

And what's wrong with surprisingly? lol
Old 04-19-2012, 10:41 PM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
There is a maxima.org reunion going on in here!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:29 PM
avciugroar
Registered Member

Sure is! Rochester, did you sell your Maxima? And what sort of mpg are you getting? I get 17 in the city (pushing it hard), and 25-26 hwy if I don't care, but if I try, I get 28-29. I was getting 29.4 from Houston to Baton Rouge today!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:44 PM
j23a45m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rochester, great to see you migrated over. I remember you from the org, I know how babied this car will be!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:50 PM
nbast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Another Rochestarian here... I was working out the logistics for buying an X coupe in Jersey as well when the local dealer got pretty much the exact car I was looking for in off lease for an amazing price. I think if I hadn't called the day it came in, the price would have changed...

I can't see lowering mine either. I do plan on getting 19" wheels though.

btw, I had a '95 Maxima with minor mods. Stillen strut tower brace and intake. Sold it at 140k miles and got a 2006 Accord Hybrid, which was a mistake.

Last edited by nbast; 04-19-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:04 AM
owslystnly

got a 2006 Accord Hybrid, which was a mistake.
Everybody in the press seemed to hate it. You are the only person I have heard admit to buying one. Interested in hearing your thoughts on it. Honda set it up to be more performance oriented, to my knowledge.....kinda reminds me of the M hybrid in a way, except I am led to believe the M doesn't suck.

Anybody on this board have an M hybrid?
Old 04-20-2012, 12:28 AM
nbast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by owslystnly
Everybody in the press seemed to hate it. You are the only person I have heard admit to buying one. Interested in hearing your thoughts on it. Honda set it up to be more performance oriented, to my knowledge.....kinda reminds me of the M hybrid in a way, except I am led to believe the M doesn't suck.

Anybody on this board have an M hybrid?
We went in looking at the V6 Accord, and they were trying to unload the hybrids they had left. With tax rebates, it was an incredible deal. Much cheaper than a non-hybrid V6 and fully loaded. We didn't buy it looking for amazing mileage. In the 50k miles I drove it, I averaged 26.5 mpg which was certainly better than both the Maxima it replaced and my new (used) G.

It was a 100% reliable car, but was not a "driver's car". With 254 hp, it was much faster than the Maxima it replaced, but handling really didn't compare. I bought a strut tower brace for it, which I think would have helped a lot, but the high voltage lines for the hybrid system were in the way, so the brace wouldn't fit. I did get 18" wheels with Z rated tires for the summers. The stock low rolling resistance tires were truly awful.

Last edited by nbast; 07-24-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Rochester's new G