Build Threads

Rochester's new G

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 10:53 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
I'd like more information if you end up having some sort of support bracket fabricated for the HFCs. I talked to my tech about this also and he mentioned making something for this. If you beat me to it, I'd like to hear about the design and results.
Wasn't it you who recommended removing the solid rubber vibration dampers connected to the OEM mid-pipes? Because I followed through on that idea today while the car was on the lift. And wouldn't you know it... the vibration at idle is all but gone.

So, without the cross-brace it seems those dampers had an inverse effect to their intent. And by removing them, the vibration at idle is actually reduced. Amazing.

Thanks, Connor!
Old 05-24-2014, 01:55 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Car is at the dealership this week, getting the clutch slave cylinder replaced under warranty. Imagine pulling into a parking lot and having your clutch pedal drop to the floor. It was not a pleasant experience, believe me.

Seeing the car yanked up on a flatbed after having been lowered just a few weeks prior... Also not a pleasant moment.

Fortunately, I'm drinking on the beach in Punta Cana with the wife and kids. Right now. So that eases my anxiety considerably.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Sorry to hear that Rochester. I'm starting to really question Infiniti/Nissan quality after hearing all of these issues folks have on the forums, luckily it happened under warranty.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:20 AM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Car looks great! Came along way too.
The front grille looks dashing!
Any plans for front spoiler? Or like the subtle look it has now?

Congrats again for the progression!
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (05-26-2014)
Old 05-26-2014, 10:21 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by InfiniteSmoke
Car looks great! Came along way too.
The front grille looks dashing!
Any plans for front spoiler? Or like the subtle look it has now?

Congrats again for the progression!
No plans for the OEM chin. I considered the Carbon Signal in-spec2 front lip, but cost overcame the desire. And having recently dropped on Swifts, I'm already touching underneath half the time I try to get over my driveway hump from the street... So plans for a chin or lip have been put to rest.

Visually, I'm strongly considering the Stillen roof wing, painted to match. And I'd like to redo to rear valence area in paint, instead of the vinyl wrap.

Can't think of any other visual mods I'm interested in. Any suggestions?
Old 05-26-2014, 10:50 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
No plans for the OEM chin. I considered the Carbon Signal in-spec2 front lip, but cost overcame the desire. And having recently dropped on Swifts, I'm already touching underneath half the time I try to get over my driveway hump from the street... So plans for a chin or lip have been put to rest.

Visually, I'm strongly considering the Stillen roof wing, painted to match. And I'd like to redo to rear valence area in paint, instead of the vinyl wrap.

Have you considered any headlight mods? Your G is so clean at this point most any mod would clutter up the look you've got going. Haven't seen a white G w/ this look, but having seen a few white C6 Vettes w/ the oem white housing they look really clean.

These are coupes but just an idea~ Oh and how many drinks have you had already today, lol

Name:  gen2coupe77.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  93.4 KB

Name:  gen2coupe53.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  103.1 KB

Name:  gen2coupe87.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  100.6 KB
Old 05-26-2014, 11:20 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by blnewt
Have you considered any headlight mods? Your G is so clean at this point most any mod would clutter up the look you've got going. Haven't seen a white G w/ this look, but having seen a few white C6 Vettes w/ the oem white housing they look really clean.

These are coupes but just an idea~ Oh and how many drinks have you had already today, lol
Headlight/taillight mods are pretty much all I can think of, too... All things considered. Chin/lip mods are out, and I don't care for the aftermarket rear diffusers. I've got rims, drop, tint, custom grille, vinyl wrap on the rear bumper and window trim belt line, tinted fog lenses and custom exhaust tips. Aside from some kind of custom paint, I think the headlight lenses and the roof wing are the only options left to me now... Regarding visual mods. Otherwise, I just change up the way current mods are done, which will likely happen anyway over the years.

No drinking today, Brad. I'm so wiped out, beat up and a little burned. Today I'm just going to relax poolside, or in one of the whirlpools in our suite, order room service, then a nice dinner out. Tomorrow, however... My youngest and I are going on a Segway Tour, and horseback riding.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:16 PM
InfiniteSmoke

Originally Posted by Rochester

Well, this would be my suggestion. I was always a fan of black/white combo.

1) Headlights: If you do the headlights as it was suggested, I would do black instead of white. Black will contrast well with the body of the car and the grille you have going. So more of a black housing with chrome accents to align the stance you have going.

2) Roof: My personal favorite is to have the roof painted/wrapped Gloss black. For a second, picture the headlights being black right? Grille is white/black, and now your roof is black. Excellent match overall. It will make your stance much more "sportier" and keeping a "stock" look.

3) Rear Valence: You already are taking care of that, wonderful. No need for diffuser, though a diffuser does make a difference. My Auto Kit X Rear was painted matte black contrasting on Graphite.

4) Lastly, the tails. I would do a light smoke. I mean literally a LIGHT smoke. Not that dark nasty. Why? The red is bright, but to blend it in a little with black will be much more subtle. I had mine done like that, and got many compliments. No issues with the law or visibility.

I think at this point, your set. Let me know your thoughts.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:25 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Infiniti Smoke has some good suggestions, IMO either black or white headlight housings would look proper while leaving a bit of chrome. Or possibly white housing w/ some black shrouds
One more item to consider that would still retain your completely immaculate look would be caliper paint, would be fun to consider the possibilities w/ that one.
Sounds like a nice evening you've got planned as well. Off to Vegas in about 10 days for some R&R. although doesn't sound quite as serene as your surroundings
Old 05-26-2014, 12:32 PM
InfiniteSmoke

^Agreed.

I would do black housing with chrome accents. Help blend with the body/grille.

Caliper is another great idea.

Have a good holiday gents!
Old 05-26-2014, 12:53 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by InfiniteSmoke
^Agreed.

I would do black housing with chrome accents. Help blend with the body/grille.

Caliper is another great idea.

Have a good holiday gents!
Here's some black housings, white shrouds, and good day to you too!

Name:  gen2coupe109.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  67.3 KB
Name:  gen2coupe110.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  84.0 KB

Name:  gen2coupe111.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  53.3 KB
Old 05-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Calipers, yep. Good point. I'm partial to GT-R amber.

No on the roof and tails. Doesn't appeal to me.

Thanks, guys. Very nice of you to put thought into this.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:18 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 749 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Here's some black housings, white shrouds, and good day to you too!

Black Housings and white shrouds only makes it look more like a delighted robot face than it did before.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:48 PM
mike_g37s

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
love the ride, I'm in rochester as well. check out my thread sometime
Old 06-17-2014, 02:11 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Took a familiar but far away 360* on-ramp today in warm, dry weather, with no cars in front of me. If I recall correctly, I used to start squealing as I approached 50 mph with this ramp. And that was with aftermarket sways.

Fast forward to today, with wider PSS on all four corners, and lowered on Swift Springs with added neg-camber (that bugs me), and I found myself approaching 60 mph on this ramp, without any issue. In fact, I'm sure I could have pushed it further.

I shot out of that ramp into merging 65 mph traffic, already at speed. That's pretty cool.

Quick Reply: Rochester's new G