Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

USB to bluetooth audio adapter

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 12:13 PM
Infinitiyauco
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sukyle25
First time posting here, so I apologize if I did not search correctly and someone already posted this. I just purchased a 2012 G37 coupe, and was disappointed to learn I could not stream audio via bluetooth, or use the usb with my Nexus 5. After searching for a bit, I found the NAXA NAB-4003 adapter. It's only about $10.00, and it works great. All you do is plug it into the usb port, pair your phone, and it plays music over the speakers. I've only tried it with Spotify so far, but it should work with anything.

Hope this helps anyone else who is looking for a cheap, easily solution to stream via bluetooth!
check this video,problem solved 💪🏽😁
Old 07-06-2022, 12:13 PM
Absinthe
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Ug......iTunes

Double Ug.....mp3

The problem with the older cars is the USB connectors are power only. The iPod interface is designed for the older 30pin cable and simply changing the gender from 30pin to lightening (usually) will not keep the phone charged. I believe the car in the video is a 2010 model or newer as the iPhone interface is USB-lightening. I don't know of any way to get the media in a newer iPhone to play through an early model G without the use of some sort of adapter.
Old 07-06-2022, 12:23 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
While all sorts of transmitters such as FM might seem to be easy and cheap solution, it is not always the best solution. From all our experience, and this is the reason why we came with the GROM Bluetooth Car Kits in the first place, this is the only solution that will allow solid performance, high quality sound, and integrated controls.

https://gromaudio.com/store/all-nis02.html
Old 11-29-2022, 02:20 PM
Zigarten
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a bit old but I stumbled on how to get USB audio for Google and Apple maps. I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I had an audiobook downloaded and was using the app "Libby" from my public library,
I opened goggle maps and low and behold it started talking via the speakers! Same with Apple. I have to plug in the cable, start a book "reading" hit pause and start the maps, then it seems to work. No other research on changing to FM or Sirius etc while it's running.
2013 EX 37 Journey
Old 12-08-2023, 04:04 PM
Gabe Cady
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to revive this forum, this app you are talking about what does it look like? The only app I see is in islamic language labeled in the app store as BT Music.
Old 12-08-2023, 04:24 PM
Zigarten
Registered Member

Not sure if you were asking me or not, The Libby app you mean? It's by Overdrive, Public Libraries use it for audiobook management. I have it on my browser and my i{hone
Old 12-08-2023, 04:32 PM
Gabe Cady
Registered Member

Exclamation

I was asking rolliedogg actually about some app called BT Music that he or she found. However, this "Libby" app you speak of I'll look into as well..I have an android device and used a fm transmitter from my radio the past few days..I've become desperate for a new option because my usbs aren't reading all of the music and the car is also eating my music now. FM transmitters work decently on a blank/only static channel but only coming through the radio speakers instead of my bose speakers is kinda awful..I barely get anything, I bought a naxa whatever usb thing and hopefully that works, other bluetooth adapters refused and same goes for a usb to aux for a bluetooth device but hopefully this libby app works to. Is it just called Libby?? (No I don't have navigation, just a usb fob and cell calls only for BT)
Old 12-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Zigarten
Registered Member

I believe so, the developer should be called "overdrive". The transmitter option was awful, tossed mine years ago.
Old 12-08-2023, 04:41 PM
Gabe Cady
Registered Member

Angry

Yea so I found Libby, it didn't work, I don't have a specific option on my car to connect bluetooth unless I decide to go the buy all the navigation part son ebay, take the car dash apart which I've already done half of that to see if I had rca cords (sadly I don't, I don't even have any just disconnected for a 2013 model ffs tf Nissan) but I'm really hoping that I don't have to spend ****in 800 bucks to replace my damn radio bc I'm tired of not being able to listen to all my music on top of the fact that the car is eating my music and hiding it. How is that even possible? Why is that a thing? I really hope this Nax thing works because even if it's a bit laggy, just having the full auxilary system will make me happy if that's the only problem I have, the more times I unplug the fm transmitter the louder static wise it seems to get even if it's minimal, I ahve to change channels to remove static entirely even though it's a bad ground problem, I just wish it transmitted the audio to my bose system instead of the basic 3 speakers infront that aren't Bose..I'm missing out on all the good notes the songs hit at their peak.
Old 12-08-2023, 10:47 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 232 Likes on 208 Posts
I've used the BT45 module on my 2012 sedan for the last 5 years for music streaming. I stream Spotify via Bluetooth almost every time I've driven since then. Here's the thread you can see my old posts: https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...ml#post4192316
Old 12-11-2023, 12:33 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

You should be able to play any sound though the Bluetooth car kit for music and phone calls. You can check GROM-BT3 Bluetooth car kit:
https://gromaudio.com/store/bt3_adap...bt3-nis02.html
Check the compatibility tab to ensure your vehicle is compatible. There is no need to replace the stereo with GROM-BT3 Bluetooth car kit. You will get Bluetooth music, stereo integrated controls, and the phone calls.
Old 12-11-2023, 03:05 PM
lektrix
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gromaudio
You should be able to play any sound though the Bluetooth car kit for music and phone calls. You can check GROM-BT3 Bluetooth car kit:
https://gromaudio.com/store/bt3_adap...bt3-nis02.html
Check the compatibility tab to ensure your vehicle is compatible. There is no need to replace the stereo with GROM-BT3 Bluetooth car kit. You will get Bluetooth music, stereo integrated controls, and the phone calls.
Works for 2012 g37x non nav too right? How long is the install??
Old 12-11-2023, 04:15 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by lektrix
Works for 2012 g37x non nav too right? How long is the install??
Yes, it is compatible. You will need to take the stereo out to connect to the back of the stereo and route the microphone to the place where it can accept the voice. We have some install videos and articles:

https://gromaudio.com/installs/infin...tallation.html
https://gromaudio.com/installs/how-t...r-vehicle.html

We estimate 1-2 hours for the install, depending on your technical ability.
The following users liked this post:
smpear (03-17-2024)