Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

USB to bluetooth audio adapter

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 04:59 PM
Brad Madsen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Huh. The Tune2Air sounds like a bust

There is another thread where someone says they got it to work with the Cable Jive and the SCORSCHE adapter. So, I'll wait for mine to show up and try it instead of just canceling the order. My approach should get it plenty of 5-volt USB power, so I am hoping.

I have a plan to wire in a AUX cable into the SAT stereo line-in on the back of the head unit. In fact, I tracked down the supplier of the cable harness and am trying to secure a few samples to see if I can make a replacement harness. If I can't I will just tap into the existing harness and add a switch to the SAT power line. In some ways, I would prefer a simple line-in that I could plug anything into. Bluetooth audio (like the Tune2Air) is great because it is free of interference, but the quality and dynamic range are limited. An analog line-in would be more prone to interference (static), but would allow for as much quality/range as the head-unit is capable of.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:20 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Try this. USB 4.0 and has a data transfer rate of 150 Mbps.

http://amzn.to/1kILFa2
Old 10-26-2015, 05:34 PM
Brad Madsen

I really doubt that would work. The only devices that have worked are not general Bluetooth connectivity devices, but rather music or iPod-specific devices. The USB port in the box isn't connected to a computer - it only interfaces with .MP3 format files and iPod interface.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:41 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
^ I see. But the description says it supports A2DP stereo playback. So that's why I thought it might would and since the data speed is pretty high, it should help with the lag.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:15 AM
maxx25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With this work if your happy with just using a 3.5 cable straight into your phone?

Amazon.com: Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter for Windows and Mac. Plug and play No drivers Needed. (AU-MMSA): Computers & Accessories Amazon.com: Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter for Windows and Mac. Plug and play No drivers Needed. (AU-MMSA): Computers & Accessories
Old 10-27-2015, 12:32 PM
timc00k

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
There are so many suggestions and links in this thread.

I guess none of them still work good
Old 10-30-2015, 01:34 PM
Brad Madsen

Q&A says it needs Windows to work.

Originally Posted by maxx25

This is the only device I've seen with a USB on one end and aux-input on the other, at least in this exact form.

I wondered if it was going to take the aux-input and convert it to an MP3 file, like the NAXA device does. The Amazon Q&A includes a question from somebody wanting to use it on a simple alarm-clock stereo with a USB input, and the Answer says it won't work.

I don't think it is even worth the $10-ish to order it and try. I really doubt it will work.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:38 PM
Brad Madsen

My Tune2Air WMA1000 showed up yesterday. Plugging it in (by itself) produced the anticipated result. It powers on for a little bit, the Infiniti display says to "check device" (or something) and then the Tune2Air powers down. One time it said "No MP3 Found" (or something), then powered down.

I hope to get the USB power-enhancer cable I ordered soon. I'm actually pretty interested to see if it works. If it does, it will be a really good solution. Total cost will be ~$100, but it requires no modification of your car and provides a digital, interference free, bluetooth input.

If it does not work, I am returning the Tune2Air and "hotwiring" my own aux input into the Sat connection. I will post pictures and try to make a DIY if I go that route. That route has some up-side, and is actually really cheap ($20ish). But removing your stereo and cutting wires isn't for everybody. . . .
Old 10-30-2015, 08:11 PM
Brad Madsen

Bad News: The Tune2Air does not work, even when it is given all the power it could possibly need. If someone made it work with the multiple connectors (Scorche and something else) then it was black-magic and not entirely related to a power issue.

Good News: Returning the Tune2Air will get me my $90 back.

More Good News: You will now get to see me hot-wire in 3.5mm aux-in jack to my 2013 non-Navi G37x. Probably do it tomorrow. . .
Old 11-04-2015, 06:10 PM
Krieger88
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once my 2010 g37x is paid off it's so gone. I'll be getting a nice 2015 or 16 subaru wrx and install a amazing pioneer deck. Any car that doesnt let you swap the deck can go funk itself.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:24 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Krieger88
Once my 2010 g37x is paid off it's so gone. I'll be getting a nice 2015 or 16 subaru wrx and install a amazing pioneer deck. Any car that doesnt let you swap the deck can go funk itself.
i test drove one before i bought the G.

a solid "meh".
Old 11-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Speezy11

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just wanted to share my experience with WMA 2000 tune2air, bought it from Viseeo USA, and like others, just doesnt work and shows "check the connected device". I've got the NAXA usb thing too, but I just cant deal with the skipping, looks like I'll just stick with the FM transmitter...
The following users liked this post:
Krzysztof47 (05-08-2021)
Old 11-20-2015, 09:56 AM
Brad Madsen

Follow Up - I did attempt to remove the SAT input in the back of the deck and wire in a simple AUX in. Cutting the power to the SAT prevents that deck from switching to the SAT input, unfortunately. I think if you left everything in place and just cut the SAT stereo wires and sent a different signal, that would work.

I've resorted to GROM. Ordered the BT3 today with 3.5mm AUX input and flush-mount for a total of $156. In hind-sight, I wish I'd just started there.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:21 AM
dhhG37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
guys:

the tune2air does work - at least for me (2008 G37S non-nav). You do have to use both the scosche and cablejive adapters - something to do with the power. So this is not an inexpensive solution. But it works great for me and my iphone 5s. I'm going to be switching to a nexus 5x android phone - it should work but I'll lose the steering wheel controls and the display of the song title on my display.

pic attached.
Attached Thumbnails USB to bluetooth audio adapter-img_0624.jpg  
Old 12-07-2015, 09:25 AM
daviper

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dhhG37
guys:

the tune2air does work - at least for me (2008 G37S non-nav). You do have to use both the scosche and cablejive adapters - something to do with the power. So this is not an inexpensive solution. But it works great for me and my iphone 5s. I'm going to be switching to a nexus 5x android phone - it should work but I'll lose the steering wheel controls and the display of the song title on my display.
Which Cablejive and Scosche adapters are those?

Quick Reply: USB to bluetooth audio adapter