Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Forged Performance and my G37 TT build

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 12:52 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Wow !! Forged getting a attorney involved for their lack of QA ?? Juan posting his nightmare and someone is (Sharif) gonna sue him ??? GTM not allowing Forged to sell their product ?? Unbelievable !!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:45 AM
curqur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. Sucks. I would be kicking *** if that happened to me! I guess I'll be doing engine mods by myself. I can't believe he wanted to use parts from a junk yard for a new car. WTF!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:37 AM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by stormcrow

Sharif, I have done my best to stay unbiased and stay away from the whole situation.
Sorry, I just had to laugh when I read this. Now you are on the one that's lost your mind. You received the royal treatment at forged for the past 4 years. And due to our personal falling out (not car related) you have made it a point to meddle in Forged's business. And when someone makes false claims information to discredit Forged we will defend ourselves.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:03 AM
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
^ Care to elaborate on the whole hiring of an attorney and suing the customer?

I think that was the more important issue in his post than his bias for/against Forged.

Personally, I think its more important that there seems to be more than one alleged case where Forged pursued/threatened to pursue legal action against a customer who had a bad experience and supporting pictures to share with the community. I could understand if someone was lying to try to tarnish someones reputation, but judging that Sharif stated he terminated the worker who did the crap job on Juans TT and the car was sent to GTM for them to fix it, I think Sharif would agree that from the pictures, the customer is telling the truth and crap work was done on his TT install by an employee who no longer works there.

And I know some competitors might have an agenda, everyone has an agenda, but if I was Juan, my agenda would be letting everyone know what happened to my car. The bottom line is a crap install job was done and GTM had to fix it. Everything else is just details. For me, how the taillight got damaged, or HOW the rods got bent, or WHY the customer came to take his car are all stories that can have 2 sides of each story which can be spun to meet whoevers agenda. One party claiming the engine blew up on the dyno and the other party showing that the rods bent during a road test are minor details in this entire story IMO. Same with one party claiming that Forged wanted to use junkyard parts and Forged stating that wasnt the case. Those are trivial little details in the grand scheme of things which can be spun one way or the other.

What cant be spun are the numerous photos of the crappy work job, the cutting of chassis, incorrect installation, cutting of plastic, incorrect placement of the intakes, etc.

And its also silly that people are stating that they had a good experience buying wheels. Really? Any idiot can sell you wheels or put them on your car. Heck, the same guy who butchered Juans TT install very well could have been the nice person who installed wheels on your car. Theres a HUGE difference of mechanical knowledge that goes into installing a TT kit over putting wheels on a car. Its apples to oranges. Now if someone who had a complete TT kit installed by Forged was on here telling their side of the story, then thats something to compare it to.

The guy at Walmart provided me great customer service looking around and finding the engine oil filter I was looking for. He was polite, and next time I change my oil I will definately go back there to pick up my supplies. The price was great, and he went out of his way to look for my part in the back when there wasnt one on the shelf. He even knew a good deal about the group differences between the cheap oil and the good synthetics and the additive packages of each oil. But that doesnt mean Im going to let him install a TT setup on my car and just because I had a good experience buying oil and a filter from him doesnt necessarily mean its going to be the same with a TT install.

Last edited by philter25; 04-13-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't understand why everyone feels like they have to be a part of this... The customer and business have stated their sides as they have a right to and that should be it. Everyone has the right to think what they want to think.

I'm amazed at how the the G/Z Community is handling this... like a bunch of high schools (which is not surprising because some of you actually are). Why can't you all let the buiness and the customer work out their issues.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:24 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
I don't understand why everyone feels like they have to be a part of this... The customer and business have stated their sides as they have a right to and that should be it. Everyone has the right to think what they want to think.

I'm amazed at how the the G/Z Community is handling this... like a bunch of high schools (which is not surprising because some of you actually are). Why can't you all let the buiness and the customer work out their issues.
I agree... we all need to just read about it and move on before deciding on a shop. I went through spending a lot of money to go boosting my car years ago but it's nice to read about the review about how other clients have experiences at other vendors. I would be pissed if that happened to me or if my car was in the shop for months with this occuring.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:28 AM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by sharif@forged
Sorry, I just had to laugh when I read this. Now you are on the one that's lost your mind. You received the royal treatment at forged for the past 4 years. And due to our personal falling out (not car related) you have made it a point to meddle in Forged's business. And when someone makes false claims information to discredit Forged we will defend ourselves.
I had written a fairly long response to this, but in the interest of keeping this thread alive and on topic, I have deleted it. I can start another thread about my "royal treatment" elsewhere.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:30 AM
philter25

I can only speak for me personally. Ive read this thread but never responded because I didnt think it was worth adding to the argument and I never had anything other than "wow" or "that sucks" or "gettin my popcorn". The customer aired his complaints, and Sharif responded. But when more than one allegations of Sharif involving attorneys to potentially sue people for informing the comminity that bad work was done and have good photographic documentation of the work, and then Sharif casually skipping over that in his response set a light bulb off in my head.

Usually when a serious allegation like that pops up, if its a lie, its something you would address immediately. And I think its something the community should know about when deciding where to spend thousands of dollars on a FI setup. I would want to know that if someone screws up if they are going to sue me for posting pictures or telling people my side of the story. And I think thats something the community should be entitled to know also.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:30 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not really what to think about all this. Wow.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:42 AM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by philter25
I can only speak for me personally. Ive read this thread but never responded because I didnt think it was worth adding to the argument and I never had anything other than "wow" or "that sucks" or "gettin my popcorn". The customer aired his complaints, and Sharif responded. But when more than one allegations of Sharif involving attorneys to potentially sue people for informing the comminity that bad work was done and have good photographic documentation of the work, and then Sharif casually skipping over that in his response set a light bulb off in my head.

Usually when a serious allegation like that pops up, if its a lie, its something you would address immediately. And I think its something the community should know about when deciding where to spend thousands of dollars on a FI setup. I would want to know that if someone screws up if they are going to sue me for posting pictures or telling people my side of the story. And I think thats something the community should be entitled to know also.
This is the exact reason I made it known to the community about Sharif's having his attorney contact Juan.

Well said.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:11 AM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have to agree with most of your post. You never, ever, ever get both sides of a story in an unbaised manner. Heck look at the news with all the video cameras and their constant twisting or changing of the story.

Why can't you all let the buiness and the customer work out their issues.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:53 PM
w0ady

agreed a lot of people who post are just hopping on the bandwagon but this has been an active community for going on the better part of a decade. people here get involved to make sure the truth comes out and other members are protected. discussion, while it may go off topic at times, will only in the end.

its sad to see all the drama that has recently been stirred back up around forged. as someone who has been in the community for over 5 years, i will continue to support them for now. what bothers me is after the 100s of cars they put out over the years, 1 or 2 bad stories makes people start bashing them.

now this does not mean that i am blindly following along. simply that until there is proof that forged intentionally screwed over members of the community, i will continue to do business with sharif and forged. no shop will ever be perfect but its how they deal with their issues that makes the difference. supposedly there is more info to be posted so all we can do is wait and see...
Old 04-13-2010, 01:20 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
People want to post their opinions because it's something that they can relate to. We are all customers here and when there's a story that hits close to home that could very well happen to you, some people would like to throw in their 2 cents. It's one of the purposes of this online forum, isn't it?

I don't really care who's responding to what but interested to see how it turns out. I'm not planning on going FI anytime soon but when it's all said and done, I think we can all take something away from it.

I'm most interested to find out if those threats for legal actions were true. Those with more info, care to share?
Old 04-13-2010, 01:33 PM
philter25

Originally Posted by w0ady
agreed a lot of people who post are just hopping on the bandwagon but this has been an active community for going on the better part of a decade. people here get involved to make sure the truth comes out and other members are protected. discussion, while it may go off topic at times, will only in the end.

its sad to see all the drama that has recently been stirred back up around forged. as someone who has been in the community for over 5 years, i will continue to support them for now. what bothers me is after the 100s of cars they put out over the years, 1 or 2 bad stories makes people start bashing them.

now this does not mean that i am blindly following along. simply that until there is proof that forged intentionally screwed over members of the community, i will continue to do business with sharif and forged. no shop will ever be perfect but its how they deal with their issues that makes the difference. supposedly there is more info to be posted so all we can do is wait and see...
From reading the posts, I dont think at all Sharif intentionally screwed over members and I dont think anyone should take that sentiment away from this thread. It seems there was someone who did the TT install who did a bad job and was fired. If I was the owner of a company and my employee botched something, I would have done the same exact thing.

If you do 100 installs and have 1 or 2 bad ones, 98% reliability is pretty damn good. Theres ALWAYS a risk with something going wrong with FI. Eventually, a problem or two pops up. So as far as relability, I wouldnt hesitate to work with Forged if its just 1 or 2 cases out of 100.

And I completely agree with you that no shop will ever be perfect and what really matters is when that 1 in 20 mistake happens, how they deal with it and resolve the issue is whats important. No shop can 100% guarantee that they will do a flawless job. It happens in every shop.

What concerns me is the talk with the lawyers and threats of legal action. I think thats something the community should be aware of.

Originally Posted by ucla bruin

I'm most interested to find out if those threats for legal actions were true. Those with more info, care to share?
Agreed.

Last edited by philter25; 04-13-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
^ True that, but the shop should be responsible for the messed up install. If the shop knows their employee messed up customer's car, they should offer to pay for all the cleanup work that GTM had to do.

What did Forged do?
  • Demanded money from customer for a rebuild when they blew up the engine.
  • Held the car for a long time, even though they cannot fix the car
  • Tried to arrest their customer for picking up his own car, because Forged was taking a long time and not fixing the car.
  • Customer writes a review with documentation and evidence to reveal Forged's work, and Forged tries to sue customer.

Seems to me like Forged realizes all their sh*tty work is finally coming out of their dark. Now they're just trying to bully the customers to keep quiet.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance and my G37 TT build