Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Forged Performance and my G37 TT build

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 12:06 AM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
standing under the umbrella of 'nobody is perfect' is not an excuse, more like a lack of one. 'nobody is perfect' does not explain those pictures. what I would hope to see next is a thread where you fixed his car to perfect and give him his money back for wasting all his time, money and inconvenience. Hope the OP can get the car fixed, although I would probably have a lawyer by my side at this point.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the car has been fixed already!
Old 04-10-2010, 01:02 AM
OMG37

I heard all about this story. I think Shariff did a heck of a job explaining his side of the story. I agree that no shop is perfect and it comes down to how the shop handles things as soon as they are aware.

It seems obvious to me that things were not handled in a manner that put the customers needs or personal property first. If I didn't trust the shop working on my car...I'd want to get it the hell out of there too and it seems like that is what this guy was doing.

Cobb Tuning in Plano had an SC engine blow on a guy here in the DFW area not too long ago, you can check the G35driver forums about it. Cobb Tuning, within a week of this happening, agreed to rebuild and retune this guys car even though they felt it wasn't necessarily their fault that it blew. If that engine had problems, and it delayed the customer getting his car back in the time expected, it would have become priority one in my book. It seems to me that this dragged on for a quite a while, long enough that he got desperate and took matters into his own hands to get his car back...even after paying more money to get the S1.

Those pictures speak for themselves and it's unfortunate not only for Shariff but Juan as well how this whole thing played out.

Hopefully Juan is at peace now with the whole situation and Shariff as well. And hopefully Shariff has learned some lessons when it comes to managing employees and quality control.

I purchased my rims from you Shariff and it was truely a pleasant transaction. I have no ill feelings towards Forged Performance, but this is definitely something to think about for prospective customers. And I hope I never have to read a post like this again. I realize nobody is perfect but lets just assume we'll never see this happen again.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:46 AM
TJHG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We shouldn't assume anything! Not until it's been explained what steps have been taken (aside from the guy no longer working there) to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Originally Posted by OMG37
I realize nobody is perfect but lets just assume we'll never see this happen again.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:14 AM
Gazan37
Banned

^Too true. Even skilled workers often miss something and must be supervised. One bad worker can't destroy a car in the way shown unless he was left on his own to do a job he wasn't qualified to do. Who checked the car before showing it to the owner?
Old 04-10-2010, 02:36 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
dude sucks about your car, i hope GTM takes them off as a vendor/installer of their kit, forged is giving those guys bad press. No wonder why they charge so much for the inhouse install, i guess not many people can do it.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:19 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
I remember the original thread And both forged and mods kept on bashing this guy. What people have to realize is when u spend that kind of money and a year down the road that is what u get. I don't think so! We are talking about forged performance right? If that was his outcome just think of all the other quality control issues forged is blaming on peeps. I just feel sorry for all the other customers that had a bad experience. His was down right wrong! sorry typing late on iphone
Old 04-10-2010, 04:35 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
I'd like to see more pictures of:

Valves/head
Cylinder walls
Spark plugs
Piston surface

Claims were made, but do not remain proven, and I'm sure these are all things you took pictures of; it would be very clear if detonation/tune was not an issue, and the rods simply could not handle 500whp, while the crankshaft can.

I find it a bit strange that the above mentioned pictures are not shown. "Light tuning" shouldn't be an issue given that there ARE base maps for this car and with Forged's experience with TT VQ37's. Were you doing drivability/partial throttle tuning?

@ the OP: What is the final result?

I feel that both parties are still not telling the WHOLE story.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:45 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am sorry for your troubles.

Last edited by Blackjack; 04-13-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:01 AM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by Mike
I'd like to see more pictures of:

Valves/head
Cylinder walls
Spark plugs
Piston surface

Claims were made, but do not remain proven, and I'm sure these are all things you took pictures of; it would be very clear if detonation/tune was not an issue, and the rods simply could not handle 500whp, while the crankshaft can.

I find it a bit strange that the above mentioned pictures are not shown. "Light tuning" shouldn't be an issue given that there ARE base maps for this car and with Forged's experience with TT VQ37's. Were you doing drivability/partial throttle tuning?

@ the OP: What is the final result?

I feel that both parties are still not telling the WHOLE story.
You are spot on. The pictures you request are EXACTLY what is needed to either prove or disprove "light tuning" as being the cause. None of the pictures posted disprove detonation as the issue for the bent rods.

One correction. This car was being tuned with the HKS F-CON standalone. There were no base maps for the G37 at that time unless I am sadly mistaken. This would be a custom tune, even starting out.

As far as the final result of this build, GTM finished the car and it is in perfect running condition with over 600whp. Sam@GTM posted a link to the car on his site under Customer Builds and a YouTube video to the car on the dyno in this mirror thread on the370z.com.

But, the motor is secondary, IMHO, to the incredibly shoddy work done in this build. The pictures. Wow. Do people realize that eventually that filter would have either been ripped off or worn through by the tire and EVERY BIT of road debris, rocks, pebbles, etc. would have been direct injected into the intake?!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:35 AM
saparda

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i find it weird that you say your english is not good even though you went to the shop and discussed the deal with Sharif and everything, TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH TO POST THIS :P

hope everything works out bro, think of it this way, it's worth it to have a porsche eater
Old 04-10-2010, 10:42 AM
fkat
Registered Member

^ that's what I was thinking about the location of filters being in the wheel wells. What kind of design is that? Or is that a decision at the time of install? From a business perspective this case should have been handled better so it doesn't end up in places like here. Pictures don't lie.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:15 AM
TTZ2G

Originally Posted by fkat
^ that's what I was thinking about the location of filters being in the wheel wells. What kind of design is that? Or is that a decision at the time of install? From a business perspective this case should have been handled better so it doesn't end up in places like here. Pictures don't lie.
It's really the only place for the filters. Not too many other options. I think APS started that trend with their TT kit.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:25 AM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by TTZ2G
It's really the only place for the filters. Not too many other options. I think APS started that trend with their TT kit.
The filter is mislocated. This is evidently the driver's side. Maybe the wrong piping was used? Big difference between this:

Name:  fp10.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  89.3 KB

and this:

Name:  P1070722.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  84.6 KB
Old 04-10-2010, 11:51 AM
TTZ2G

^^^ yes, THAT filter is moslocated. Both sides should be behind the liner.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance and my G37 TT build