Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Forged Performance and my G37 TT build

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Tainui

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Having ZERO turbo experience prior to taclking this in my garage...my install was WAYYYY BETTER. Something is really wrong here and this is the kind of hack job you'd expect from a sidewalk mechanic. I hate it for you and nothing anyone will say here will make the financial pain and general aggrivation go away.

This tells me everything I need to know about that shop. Nevermind the two sides to a story crap. Look at the finished product and ask yourself if you'd want that crap done to your car.

Good luck.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:03 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow thats crazy. there are always 2 sides to a story but the pictures really speak for themselves. I wouldnt even take that car back in that condition
Old 04-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
holy crap!!!
I'm glad I'm a DIY kinda guy. That car is just butchered. I really feel sorry for the OP if that's really the work of Forged
Old 04-09-2010, 07:30 PM
TTZ2G

Without hearing the other side of the story, no one should be judging the quality of FP. However, being self employed for 11+ years, if anything goes wrong on my property, I understand that I must take care of it, even at a loss, to ensure a long standing good reputation. Just the hint of bad business, even if not true, can evolve into losing a lot of money, where just the act of fixing one of your mess ups can bring in 10 fold what you might lose from a tarnished reputation.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:32 PM
TomieG

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TTZ2G
Without hearing the other side of the story, no one should be judging the quality of FP. However, being self employed for 11+ years, if anything goes wrong on my property, I understand that I must take care of it, even at a loss, to ensure a long standing good reputation. Just the hint of bad business, even if not true, can evolve into losing a lot of money, where just the act of fixing one of your mess ups can bring in 10 fold what you might lose from a tarnished reputation.
+1. Just one sour incident can tarnish your whole career. Look at Tiger.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:50 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TTZ2G
Tarnished for sure now lol. This is why I will only allow GTM/Stillen to install my stuff.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:25 PM
yogregb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The pics don't lie, that is one f***ed up install. Only real question is who was the butcher
Old 04-09-2010, 09:34 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Holy craziness!! Not only was your install messed up but so is your rear bumper

I find it very ironic that that "track racer" with a time attack GTR can't ensure backing a car up on a lift properly

How's the car doing at GTM so far, hope you're being taken care off?
Old 04-09-2010, 09:39 PM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This will likely be my only post on this matter.

Forged Performance has been in business for over 5 years, and we literally work on about 400 cars each year and have thousands of satisfied customers. We are here 6 days a week working and managing 30-40 project cars at a time with the 11 employees on the payroll. We've performed everything from simple bolt on's, to full race car prep and custom fabrication. Our consistent track record is well noted on various forums we have always been one of the leading Nissan tuning shops on the country. I've personally tuned several hundreds of Nissan's with a pattern of safety and reliability.

That said, our shop is no different from many others in that we aren't perfect, and we do make mistakes. The people that worked on this customer's car were terminated long ago, and no longer work here. In fact, we haven't worked on this car for well over a year. Clearly, the pictures posted are not representative of the type of work we perform on a daily basis, and there is no excuse for it.

Now lets talk about the false and misleading claims that the owner of the car has posted:

1) On the original installation, the engine did not BLOW-UP on the dyno from tuning. During the initial baseline tuning process I made less than 10 dyno pulls on the car, and most of them were not even to redline. At this point, everything appeared normal. However, after an initial brief road test a light ticking noise was heard. This ticking noise was later determined to be caused by 5 rods with the smallest of bends to them. If you can tell me how rods become laterally wavy from some light tuning, I would love to hear it.

Engine components show zero signs of detonation, lean condition, heat, or other issues that could be attributed to improper tuning:

2) Once it was determined that the rods were bad, the customer had the choice of having us build him a new OEM block, or our built S1 Shortblock. He was not forced to switch to a built block. He chose our S1 Shortblock and paid for parts ONLY. All of the thousands of dollars of labor were covered by Forged Performance. All this customer had to give us was some time to complete the project.

3) The customer couldn't wait for his car to be finished, so instead he came into our shop and illegally removed the car from our lot without paying his $12,000 outstanding balance. I called 911 and the police arrived while I was on the phone with the customer begging him to bring the car back. I agreed not to press charges.

4) The damage to his vehicle while in our custody is unquestionably our responsibility and the customer was informed of this damage immediately. The tail light and bumper needed to be replaced and repainted. It always has been, and we paid for the repairs without any question. We never once suggested junkyard parts.

I am still at a loss as to why this person waited for over a year to make this thread. When the customer took possession of his vehicle from GTM, he drove it to my shop and we had a good conversation about the whole situation. At that point, we shook hands and looked eye to eye and agreed that I would take care of a portion of the GTM bill, and cut him a check for the damages. If there were still some hard feelings, I didn't sense that.

In fact, about 4 months ago, the customer called and spoke to Scott Siegel one of our tuners here, asking how much it would cost for a methanol kit and retune of his FCON.

So rather than speculate on the purpose of this thread, I will close by saying that I've spent the better part of a half decade building some of the best Nissan's in the country and building this business from the ground up. I started with myself and one employee, and we've now grown to 11 employees. Our business has quadrupled over the years and it's because we offer a lot to our customers. As we've gotten bigger, we've also become a bigger target and many people are just waiting to pounce if they ever see a horror story about our shop.

We aren't perfect obviously, and there have been plenty of bumps, poor hires, and mistakes made along the way. If you think there is another shop in the country that is perfect, you should think again. But under no circumstances have I ever turned my back on a problem, or a customer, when an issue presents itself. I've spent thousands of MY own dollars fixing issues that weren't even our fault! This business may seem like it's just fun and in many ways it is. But it's also the sole source of income for 11 households, and puts food on tables, pays mortgages and puts kids through school. So we will defend our business vigorously, while striving to get better each day at what we do.

I'm sorry I won't be able to go back and forth on this thread. I have advised my sales guys to stay out as well since they are not involved in this matter. I am still at the shop working and tuning, and will probably be here until midnight, or until the cops kick us out for making too much noise on the dyno.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:49 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

DAMN very nicely put. Sharif thanks for the good insight sorry i doubted you
Old 04-09-2010, 09:57 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Bent rods/faulty parts can happen when it comes to boost on a high compression engine but how on earth can you justify all the other pix no matter how bad the "hire" was shouldn't someone be supervising/assuring QA? Especially from a company that's "done hundreds of Nissans"
Old 04-09-2010, 10:17 PM
TJHG37S

Exactly, who the heck was supervising this and are THEY still working there? If so this can happen again if you hire another idiot.

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Bent rods/faulty parts can happen when it comes to boost on a high compression engine but how on earth can you justify all the other pix no matter how bad the "hire" was shouldn't someone be supervising/assuring QA? Especially from a company that's "done hundreds of Nissans"
Old 04-09-2010, 10:46 PM
TJHG37S

^Did we read the same post? Looked like Sharif admitted they effed up the install bigtime. Yeah there's differing views on the engine "blowing up" but that travesty of an install and backing his car into the lift were verified by both sides. Not sure it "comes down to a he said/he said" in that regard.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Greg Lecewicz

Why didn't you guys take care of the lift damage immediately before anyone could see it. I can't believe you gave him such a service for his chunk of money. I think it is going to cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars in business to let it happen this way. I hope you realize this post was a bucket of iced watter on those of us who were considering spending money with you. What were you thinking? The bottom line was you let this matter escalate to where it is now instead of taking care of business. I can't shake the bad image out of my head. I feel sorry for the guy no matter how big of an *** he could have appeared to be to you. You even have a nerve to say " you didn't press charges against the customer" WAF? I have no idea how you even start fixing this mess. Maybe fix his car first to an exemplary showroom condition at your cost fast and this would eliminate the smell of sh..t in your business.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:59 PM
TTZ2G

I have to admit, the rods do look like someone poored cold water down the block after warming the engine up. I don't see how the rods could get that way without any signs of detonation at all. But then again, how often do we take apart a block that hasn't popped already? That could be from the new design of the rods (compared to vq35) and thats just what they do right before they break......

Quick Reply: Forged Performance and my G37 TT build