Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Forged Performance and my G37 TT build

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 12:16 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that is yours right?^^
Old 04-10-2010, 12:17 PM
christian655321

yep thats a picture of my car above my post
Old 04-10-2010, 12:29 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

thats what i had thought. your car made me want FI so bad.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:49 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I purchased my wheels from FP and my experience was very good. Recommended them to a couple of my friends and they have nothing but good words for them as well.

That being said. It's good that Sharif explained their side of the story. After all, it is necessary he does it because we are FP's bread and butter. I hope that he does chime in here more than once because there are still questions left unanswered.

These sort of problems DO happen when a reputable business grow larger, as in the case of FP. With more people working for you and the volume of cars being worked on, things are bound to get overlooked and QA suffers. I just hope that this type of problem doesn't happen again.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:56 PM
christian655321

I know of more than one instance. Im glad that someone posted pictures so that people who are considering spending this kind of money are more informed before they make a choice.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:41 PM
stormcrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by myk1013
I purchased my wheels from FP and my experience was very good. Recommended them to a couple of my friends and they have nothing but good words for them as well.

That being said. It's good that Sharif explained their side of the story. After all, it is necessary he does it because we are FP's bread and butter. I hope that he does chime in here more than once because there are still questions left unanswered.

These sort of problems DO happen when a reputable business grow larger, as in the case of FP. With more people working for you and the volume of cars being worked on, things are bound to get overlooked and QA suffers. I just hope that this type of problem doesn't happen again.
This is what I don't grasp: people stating they feel they had a good experience with a shop when all they have done is purchase parts. Granted, it's great to feel like you received good customer service when making the purchase, but this doesn't equate to someone who spends tens of thousands of dollars allowing their new car to be modified. Making this comparison is apples to oranges and gives bad shops the ability to keep a good reputation by merely filling internet orders.

I am not trying to negate your feelings/opinions. I am only trying to draw a logical correlation between receiving parts from a vendor and having them hack into your $40-85k vehicle.

Also, there really is no excuse for these types of jobs leaving ANY shop. Small, medium or large.

Last edited by stormcrow; 04-10-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Sam@GTM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by TTZ2G
^^^ yes, THAT filter is moslocated. Both sides should be behind the liner.
No,they are not suppose to be behind the liner, they should be in front of the liners as per our instruction.

Why would you put the filter behind the liner ? so they can suck the dirt..

Let me know if you need to see some more pics

Sam

Name:  P1070747.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  88.6 KB

Name:  P1070756.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  98.1 KB

Name:  P1090430.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  120.1 KB

Name:  P1090229.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  112.4 KB

Last edited by Sam@GTM; 04-10-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:37 PM
dpjones

Originally Posted by christian655321
I know of more than one instance. Im glad that someone posted pictures so that people who are considering spending this kind of money are more informed before they make a choice.
I feel for Juan and I am glad he is finally able to post his story. There is more to come as I will be posting my story up very shortly. I hope everyone realizes this is not about bad mouthing or bashing anyone, but simply letting the public know what has happened. It is up to each person to make their own decisions based on the information they have. The more informed everyone is, the better of decisions they can make.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:15 PM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dpjones
I feel for Juan and I am glad he is finally able to post his story. There is more to come as I will be posting my story up very shortly. I hope everyone realizes this is not about bad mouthing or bashing anyone, but simply letting the public know what has happened. It is up to each person to make their own decisions based on the information they have. The more informed everyone is, the better of decisions they can make.
I am sure it would surprise everyone to know, that according to Juan himself, he didn't actually make this post or create this username. This was done by a 3rd party and he told us he had nothing to do with the thread.

It's doesn't take away from the points of the thread, but it does show you that outside people have an agenda and are deliberately trying to discredit our company.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:34 PM
TTZ2G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SAM@GTM
No,they are not suppose to be behind the liner, they should be in front of the liners as per our instruction.

Why would you put the filter behind the liner ? so they can suck the dirt..

Let me know if you need to see some more pics

Sam

LOL, no, I know that, I thought the picture of the damaged filter just had NO liner at all. How else could you get the filter that close to the tire? Don't tell me they made a hole for the piping!?!?

You'd be proud of my previous install though I can't take credit for the tune...

Name:  DSC_0065.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  125.1 KB
Name:  200802200913481copy.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  387.9 KB
Old 04-12-2010, 09:44 PM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by sharif@forged
I am sure it would surprise everyone to know, that according to Juan himself, he didn't actually make this post or create this username. This was done by a 3rd party and he told us he had nothing to do with the thread.

It's doesn't take away from the points of the thread, but it does show you that outside people have an agenda and are deliberately trying to discredit our company.
Well, it's fairly obvious that someone typed the thread for Juan. He only says so twice in his thread. But as to your statements that he A) didn't create his username and B) that he told you all of this is just more of your lies. You expect the world to believe that some "third party" created a username in September 2008 and made posts for nearly two years all with the intention to post a TRUTHFUL story about a bad experience in 2010?! Dude you have lost your mind.

Sharif, I have done my best to stay unbiased and stay away from the whole situation, but seeing this, well, it's time for me to speak out. I have it on GOOD authority that you have had your ATTORNEY CONTACT JUAN AND THREATEN A LAW SUIT IF HE DOESN'T TAKE THESE THREADS DOWN.

Are you serious, Sharif?? You are going to threaten legal action against someone who decides that they want the world to know what a hack job you did on their car?? You have been more than verbose against Scott at Relentless Autosports and when you are called out for your work, you threaten legal action?! Incredible!

So take note guys and gals. Spend your money with Sharif, but if you have a poor experience and let people know, expect a call from an attorney threatening a LIBEL SUIT for your effort!

BTW, Sharif. Maybe you should look up the definition of 'libel' before you pay your attorney money. Truth doesn't constitute libel.

Originally Posted by Mike
I'd like to see more pictures of:

Valves/head
Cylinder walls
Spark plugs
Piston surface

Claims were made, but do not remain proven, and I'm sure these are all things you took pictures of; it would be very clear if detonation/tune was not an issue, and the rods simply could not handle 500whp, while the crankshaft can.

I find it a bit strange that the above mentioned pictures are not shown. "Light tuning" shouldn't be an issue given that there ARE base maps for this car and with Forged's experience with TT VQ37's. Were you doing drivability/partial throttle tuning?

BTW, can we get an answer to this? Maybe some pictures proving your claims?

Last edited by stormcrow; 04-12-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:52 PM
dpjones

Originally Posted by stormcrow

So take note guys and gals. Spend your money with Sharif, but if you have a poor experience and let people know, expect a call from an attorney threatening a LIBEL SUIT for your effort!
Yes, that is why my story is taking its time before it comes out.....I have hired a very prominent first amendment (freedom of speech) attorney to go over it with me because both Sharif, and his attorney, told my attorney that they would sue me if I post my story. I'm spending money to protect myself so that the truth can come out for all to see.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:56 PM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by dpjones
Yes, that is why my story is taking its time before it comes out.....I have hired a very prominent first amendment (freedom of speech) attorney to go over it with me because both Sharif, and his attorney, told my attorney that they would sue me if I post my story. I'm spending money to protect myself so that the truth can come out for all to see.
GOOD for you. I couldn't believe it when I heard. HOW can any shop threaten to sue their clients AFTER they do to a brand new car what was shown in those pictures? I am nearly at a loss for words. And that is no small feat.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:45 PM
xlack
Registered Member

WHOAH i have been following this thread for some time but reserved my opinions and i've got to say the twist is getting pretty damn unexpected. I want to hear from the other side (Sharif) of the story now
Old 04-12-2010, 11:04 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Sheriff really fucked himself on this one. He's just digging his own grave now.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance and my G37 TT build