Itb08-028: Noise From Bank 2 Vvel Actuator - Page 8 - MyG37

Go Back  MyG37 > Tech Area > TSB - Technical Bulletins
Reload this Page >

Itb08-028: Noise From Bank 2 Vvel Actuator

Notices
TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Itb08-028: Noise From Bank 2 Vvel Actuator

Old 06-18-2018, 12:43 AM
bocatrip

Engine noise with 2017 QX50 when cold

Hi guys. I understand I own a QX50, but our engines are similar. Sorry to bring up an old thread, but after purchasing my 2017 QX50 in January of 2017, my car has what appears to be an engine knock after a cold startup, that starts in about 5 minutes of warming up and disappears after 15-20 minutes of driving. It is noticeable and definitely a lower end sound such as a rod, but could be the cam. I've done a fair amount of research on the VX37VHR engine with the Variable Valve Event and lift engine (VVEL). I left my car at the dealership last Saturday and will check in tomorrow. It definitely is not normal, and after spending close to 45K for the car new, I'm not planning on accepting any oil change as a fix. Has anyone found out anything new for this fix? I'm not sure if any software update or TSB applies to my car, but I'm looking into it. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. We all share the same engine design. Thanks all.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:20 PM
bocatrip

Originally Posted by bocatrip View Post
Hi guys. I understand I own a QX50, but our engines are similar. Sorry to bring up an old thread, but after purchasing my 2017 QX50 in January of 2017, my car has what appears to be an engine knock after a cold startup, that starts in about 5 minutes of warming up and disappears after 15-20 minutes of driving. It is noticeable and definitely a lower end sound such as a rod, but could be the cam. I've done a fair amount of research on the VX37VHR engine with the Variable Valve Event and lift engine (VVEL). I left my car at the dealership last Saturday and will check in tomorrow. It definitely is not normal, and after spending close to 45K for the car new, I'm not planning on accepting any oil change as a fix. Has anyone found out anything new for this fix? I'm not sure if any software update or TSB applies to my car, but I'm looking into it. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. We all share the same engine design. Thanks all.
. Picked up Car from dealership. Shop foreman is telling me I am hearing the normal VVEL sounds. Any thoughts? Sounds like BS.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:34 PM
bocatrip

Originally Posted by bocatrip View Post
. Picked up Car from dealership. Shop foreman is telling me I am hearing the normal VVEL sounds. Any thoughts? Sounds like BS.
I've dropped my car back at dealership and am insisting that the knocking sound gets addressed. If not done to my satisfaction I am planning on doing whatever is necessary to have it repaired. My car is 18 months old with 14,000 miles. It should not be knocking! To be continued.