Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

G37S 2010 Coupe starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 04:59 PM
MrRiv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37S 2010 Coupe starting issues

Sorry for being so long, I just wanted to be thorough. Thanks in advance.

I bought this in April. In July, I added a small amp and subwoofer. Everything was fine until I was started hearing a rattling noise around 20mph when I let off the gas. After research, I assumed it was the cat. converter. I took it to the local Infiniti dealership in Tacoma and after checking it out, they agreed. Now this is where I get suspicious. Within the week after I got it back, it started having trouble starting. I would push the button and nothing. 20 minutes go buy and it starts. The cat. converter is on order so I decided to wait until it got back into the shop to have them check it out. A couple days go by, same issues off and on....then while driving, it dies. I get it started and drive to the dealership at 630am and wait for them to open. The mechanic takes it in, it starts with no problem. I bought if from a Lexus dealership, it had a Lexus battery in it (not sure why). They said after testing it that it had a bad cell. So after changing the battery and doing a ECM reflash based off a bulletin, they said it was good to go. They go to start it and nothing, even with a fresh battery. After a few days, they call me and tell me that the 12v cable I got going to the amp is causing a slow drain and that voltage pull isn't allowing the modules to go to into sleep mode which causes them to pull voltage which in turn is killing the battery. After some back and forth, I ask the guy how he could come to that conclusion if it still wouldn't start with the fresh battery and he has no answer. I'm not a mechanic but I'm pretty good with this stuff.They removed the amp's power cable from the battery and he says all is good now and starts everytime and no issues. I haven't picked the car up yet because I'm waiting for the cat to get installed. I would like to go in there with something other then "It sounds like you don't know what you're talking about and are making up excuses".

Has anybody ran into anything like this?