Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 05:44 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I've been wanting yellow. Very specifically, Acura's Rio Yellow Pearl. I got that stuck in my head.

It was the metallic yellow on the NSX.
That's the color on my S2000. It is really really nice. Although, it's a 3 stage paint. I dunno how that would work on a brake caliper
Old 02-14-2019, 11:00 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts

Your chip guard overlay down low in front of the rear wheels... you went with something other than clear. That's an odd thing. Was that you, or did you buy it like that?
It's the factory original. It used to be clear but I guess over time it got dirty. Also since I have a white car I just drive it through the car wash at work to clean it. I never hand wash it like I only did with my last black car.
So maybe if I actually got down there and put some elbow grease into it, it might clean up a bit. But it doesn't really bother me lol

Also, that shop he's in is silly clean, and cavernous. Wow.
It was completely remodeled about 4 years ago. When Toyota corporate of Japan comes over we are the only dealership in north Texas they come to look and take a tour of.

From what others have told me, we are definitely one of the cleanest and better looking facilities compared to the other 30+ dealers in the area
Old 02-15-2019, 12:40 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Put the stock suspension back on and swapped the Vossens for Q60 wheels. Man, this feels weird. First time driving at stock height for 3.5 years. At least it's comfortable!

Old 02-15-2019, 12:53 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Getting ready to sell?
Old 02-15-2019, 02:09 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Still got that window decal repping for the Vossens that aren't on the car.

You selling?
Old 02-15-2019, 03:42 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 449 Likes on 377 Posts
I'm contemplating the red calipers for the next brake change (looks like about 15k miles). I don't like red, but with an all-black car I'm not seeing anything I like better. Brakes on it now are coated black which basically disappears. I've mostly had white or pearl cars before, with black and blue accents. I don't think blue calipers will look as good on a solid black car. Also don't care for yellow (lots of Porches around here with yellow calipers). I talked to G2 about their epoxy caliper paint and you can mix colors there (silver and blue) but they said it would most likely be silver-streaked blue/bowling ball finish rather than silvery-blue. Thoughts?

What I did to the car today - shop-vacced out the silicon dessicant dust prior to soundproofing prior to reinstall of interior. Hasn't leaked since the fall at this point.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:10 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts
I finally found a guy locally who has some OEM suspension so my G35X will also soon be on stock suspension and ride height. TBH I'm looking forward to it since it's a daily.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:41 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Sport lip and sport mud guards installed.

Old 02-16-2019, 12:18 AM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts

ISR Resonated test pipes. Replacing my non-resonated fast intentions high flow cats.

ISR are 2.5" ID whereas my FI non-res high flow cats were the sedan model which are 2.25".

The quality of the ISR is not great compared to FI which is pretty top notch. But the ISR resonated can be had for $190 with no wait time compared to $435 with up to 6 week build time for FI resonated
Old 02-16-2019, 07:05 AM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by RMB5190
Getting ready to sell?
Still got that window decal repping for the Vossens that aren't on the car.

You selling?
Haha I know, it'll come off soon. I still love the wheels though, I'm gonna have a hard time letting them go.

Not selling quite yet, although I have thought about it. My coilovers were going bad and I had all my stock parts so putting them back on was the easiest and made the most sense.

Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
I finally found a guy locally who has some OEM suspension so my G35X will also soon be on stock suspension and ride height. TBH I'm looking forward to it since it's a daily.
Mine too is a daily and I had missed the comfort of riding stock. I had put the coilovers on only a month after buying the car initially so I never really got to enjoy the stock comfort. Over the years the coilovers got worn down, having been so low and driving daily on crap roads. Now it feels like I'm riding on clouds
Old 02-16-2019, 07:19 AM
doctorg37xs
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by the93owner
Haha I know, it'll come off soon. I still love the wheels though, I'm gonna have a hard time letting them go.

Not selling quite yet, although I have thought about it. My coilovers were going bad and I had all my stock parts so putting them back on was the easiest and made the most sense.

Mine too is a daily and I had missed the comfort of riding stock. I had put the coilovers on only a month after buying the car initially so I never really got to enjoy the stock comfort. Over the years the coilovers got worn down, having been so low and driving daily on crap roads. Now it feels like I'm riding on clouds
I have an XS, too, and it's reassuring to read your comments about coilovers after 3.5 years. Makes me feel better about my plans for IMPUL springs and re-valved OEM shocks to Koni yellow inserts all around

Last edited by doctorg37xs; 02-16-2019 at 08:15 AM.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:54 PM
dslice
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
After the 12 weeks waiting period, finally received and installed the FI RHFC & Catback, installation was a breeze after the rusted OEM setup was removed... My mechanic added 2 bolts between the chassis bracket to accommodate the bigger piping. love everything about the new setup deep sporty sound and look, just loud and shiny for my taste..As mentioned by others, it's well built and was nicely packaged. Sorry no sound clip.

Last edited by dslice; 02-16-2019 at 03:24 PM. Reason: typos
The following users liked this post:
r2dmax (02-21-2019)
Old 02-16-2019, 01:09 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
I think that highly polished SS exhaust looks fantastic with your wheels and the window trim on a sheer silver car. FI exhaust components are beautiful.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:17 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by rotarymike
I'm contemplating the red calipers for the next brake change (looks like about 15k miles). I don't like red, but with an all-black car I'm not seeing anything I like better. Brakes on it now are coated black which basically disappears. I've mostly had white or pearl cars before, with black and blue accents. I don't think blue calipers will look as good on a solid black car. Also don't care for yellow (lots of Porches around here with yellow calipers). I talked to G2 about their epoxy caliper paint and you can mix colors there (silver and blue) but they said it would most likely be silver-streaked blue/bowling ball finish rather than silvery-blue. Thoughts?
Consider the color use on OEM GTR brake calipers?

Think it looks sharp on a black car. Also like the idea of staying consistent with Nissan/Infiniti equipment...some of the brighter colors look a little too "exotic" for a G sedan to me.

(not my car below)

Old 02-16-2019, 03:22 PM
dslice
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks Rochester, I was thinking ARK originally but after reading your detailed review on the FI; it did it for me. I did a long hwy trip on the 95 yesterday, the setup sounded even better on hwy cruising. Even the wife and kids loved it.

Next... 2 more mods left and i'm done. sway and strut tower bars.

Thanks again to all for your valuable contribution to this forum. It helped a whole bunch!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?