G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 01:12 AM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts

It pokes out a little too much. These wheels are 18x9 +35.

I think if they were 5mm sunk in it would be perfect.

I don't know how a 275 would look now lol. Those are factory 245/45-18
Old 02-14-2019, 07:00 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,572 Likes on 3,423 Posts
Originally Posted by qmantran
It pokes out a little too much. These wheels are 18x9 +35
Poke looks pretty goofy at stock hieght, doesn't it? Lower it and the neg camber will do wonders for the fitment. So much easier said than done, tho.

I'm not a huge fan of how those rims look, but I respect the choice, and I like how the design shows off the brakes so much better.

Your chip guard overlay down low in front of the rear wheels... you went with something other than clear. That's an odd thing. Was that you, or did you buy it like that?

Last edited by Rochester; 02-14-2019 at 08:17 AM.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:35 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Qmantran: your car looks sweet, if I were gonna get aftermarket wheels, those would be my choices for rims too so I'm liking the look...the poke isn't thaat bad, but as Rochester mentioned lower it and that should introduce some negative camber and get rid of the poke it will also help with the wheel gap...
Old 02-14-2019, 09:38 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
-2,-3 should do the trick. Just need to run adjustable arms and widen the toe bolt or he'll chew through tires. I'm on the ragged edge of toe allotment now so we will see what the wear on the winter tires looks like in 2 months.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:43 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by RMB5190
-2,-3 should do the trick. Just need to run adjustable arms and widen the toe bolt or he'll chew through tires. I'm on the ragged edge of toe allotment now so we will see what the wear on the winter tires looks like in 2 months.
I've seen -3° on my rears for a brief period of time. It looked ridiculous, IMO. I'm currently (and approximately) -1.5° in the front, and -2.0° in the rear, and I think that looks fine with the offset of my Vossens.

To each his own, but one thing is solid... the gap & poke on qmantran's car is pretty obvious with those RPF1 Enkies.

Also, that shop he's in is silly clean, and cavernous. Wow.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:41 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
I'm on -3 now and not crazy about it. Skinny tires doesn't make it look too bad but I can see wider tires qualifying me for a camber gang window sticker. Unfortunately, it's been too cold to crawl under the car to elongate the toe bolt holes so I'm waiting for the weather to break. Was looking to do it this weekend but snow is pending..
Old 02-14-2019, 01:58 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
I'm at -2° rear with the stock toe bolts and no slotting. I guess each car is the same, only different.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:17 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Lol I appreciate the input from all you guys. I'm pretty dead set on leaving the car as-is. I already went over it in a earlier post explaining why I don't want to lower the car.

Pretty much I had 2 choices. Modify the car to "look" nice by lowering it and getting some good looking wheels or modify it for power and make it fun to drive.

I went for power.

I have a nice fast-intentions exhaust system and I will be damned if I scrape my exhaust due to being lowered. The entrance to my parking garage also has a pretty serious incline.

There have been dozens of times while driving in a unfamiliar road at night I encounter a road imperfection that would have seriously done some damage if I was lowered. Especially the entrance and exits to some stores/restaurants with crazy inclines. I always say to myself that I'm glad I wasn't lowered when I find myself in those situations.

All I care about is straight line performance... Rolls or digs. I live in a area that is known for street racing and they do it every thursday- Sunday night. Been that way for years. [edited by moderator]

If I wanted to go for looks I would definitely not have gone with RPF1s.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:20 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
the stock wheels look more normal/better
Old 02-14-2019, 02:24 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Yet the Enkei RP01 rear wheel weighs 6 pounds less than the same size Duckfoot. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You value esthetics, qmantran values lighter weight and lower rotating inertia. I like the RP01 for those reasons AND they show off and cool the brakes better.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by qmantran
Lol I appreciate the input from all you guys. I'm pretty dead set on leaving the car as-is. I already went over it in a earlier post explaining why I don't want to lower the car.

Pretty much I had 2 choices. Modify the car to "look" nice by lowering it and getting some good looking wheels or modify it for power and make it fun to drive.

I went for power.

I have a nice fast-intentions exhaust system and I will be damned if I scrape my exhaust due to being lowered. The entrance to my parking garage also has a pretty serious incline.

There have been dozens of times while driving in a unfamiliar road at night I encounter a road imperfection that would have seriously done some damage if I was lowered. Especially the entrance and exits to some stores/restaurants with crazy inclines. I always say to myself that I'm glad I wasn't lowered when I find myself in those situations.

All I care about is straight line performance... Rolls or digs. I live in a area that is known for street racing and they do it every thursday- Sunday night. Been that way for years. [edited by moderator]

If I wanted to go for looks I would definitely not have gone with RPF1s.
I get what you're saying.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:51 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
yellow.
what are you doing for lines pads and rotors?
today i test fit a 10mm spacer

I think right now im between yellow and orange... both would look good I think, but orange might be something a little unique. I still cant decide lol.

For lines im going to reuse the stocks, i just got new banjo bolts.
Rotors - Z1 drilled and slotted most likely.
Pads - I dunno. Maybe StopTech or PosiQuiets
I still gotta order the rotors and pads.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:56 PM
cmckenzie15
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
I think right now im between yellow and orange... both would look good I think, but orange might be something a little unique. I still cant decide lol.

For lines im going to reuse the stocks, i just got new banjo bolts.
Rotors - Z1 drilled and slotted most likely.
Pads - I dunno. Maybe StopTech or PosiQuiets
I still gotta order the rotors and pads.
Z1 does that whole upgrade kit with rotors, pads and SS brake lines as well. I am in with orange being unique why I’m gonna switch to a nice blue to stand out from the silver and red.

Last edited by cmckenzie15; 02-15-2019 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:26 PM
Entcee
Premier Member

Received 123 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
I'd love to see orange. Huge Bronco fan, so I am predisposed to like blue and orange. That said, I think yellow would look awesome with the color of your car.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:41 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Entcee
That said, I think yellow would look awesome with the color of your car.
I've been wanting yellow. Very specifically, Acura's Rio Yellow Pearl. I got that stuck in my head.

It was the metallic yellow on the NSX.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?