Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 05:20 PM
Entcee
Premier Member

Received 123 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice cleanup Entcee, G looks nice all around!
I appreciate that. Wish I could say that I did it, but I left it to the professionals haha.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:41 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by Nico-derm
You should be able to make 9” work up front with some camber... I have 8.5” and am pretty neutral (38ET) but not fully flush. I stayed in a bit because the front fenders aren’t rolled out like the rears. When you go lower, the rears will be in need of a spacer to sit flush but that’s a personal preference thing. I am 9.5” 38ET.
FWIW I'm running 9" up front +32 (with a 15mm spacer making it essentially +17) with a 245 tire and it doesn't rub at all. Fenders haven't been rolled either. I do drive pretty carefully when turning but no problems so far. I'll be downsizing to a 10mm spacer soon only for looks.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:53 PM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
Yup, that adds up. My fronts are not pushing any boundaries and run like 0.9 camber.

It’s the rears that will need a boost
Old 06-15-2018, 03:00 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Today...

Temps in the 80°s, completely clear skies, so at 8:00 AM I pulled the car out in to the sun and massaged Leatherique Rejuvenator into all the leather. Then I worked it in with a horsehair brush, and covered the two front seats with large black bags.

Been there all day, baking away. Tomorrow morning, I'll use the Leatherique Cleaner, and buff it all down with the brush and microfiber towels. Should come out awesome.

(Except for the batch of leprosy in my center drivers seat. Still need to get that looked at professionally.)
Old 06-15-2018, 03:16 PM
Entcee
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Today...

Temps in the 80°s, completely clear skies, so at 8:00 AM I pulled the car out in to the sun and massaged Leatherique Rejuvenator into all the leather. Then I worked it in with a horsehair brush, and covered the two front seats with large black bags.

Been there all day, baking away. Tomorrow morning, I'll use the Leatherique Cleaner, and buff it all down with the brush and microfiber towels. Should come out awesome.

(Except for the batch of leprosy in my center drivers seat. Still need to get that looked at professionally.)
Curious to see what the leprosy looks like.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:30 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Entcee
Curious to see what the leprosy looks like.
Well, not now... she's in the middle of her sauna.

It's like there's a clearcoat on the leather and it's worn off... know what I mean? So it's discolored and noticeable and I hate it. Been going on now for maybe the last 3 years.

The Leather Shop I hooked up with that fitted my armrest cover said they have a process that could repair things. The plan is to take it there this summer and see what they can do.

Other than that one area, the leather on the car is all creamy goodness. Stone Leather, FTW.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:36 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts

It's like there's a clearcoat on the leather and it's worn off... know what I mean? So it's discolored and noticeable and I hate it. Been going on now for maybe the last 3 years.

The Leather Shop I hooked up with that fitted my armrest cover said they have a process that could repair things. The plan is to take it there this summer and see what they can do.

Other than that one area, the leather on the car is all creamy goodness. Stone Leather, FTW.
I have to give it to the G, my seats are holding up great. The side bolsters don't have excessive wear, and my black interior hides any leprosy.

How many Leatherique treatments is this for you, and do you do anything in between? Do you do the wheel too?

I do Lexol cleaner/conditioner every 4-6 weeks, and Zanio brothers at least once a year.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:41 PM
Entcee
Premier Member

Gotcha. Hope they are able to fix it... or at least improve how it looks.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:42 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I have to give it to the G, my seats are holding up great. The side bolsters don't have excessive wear, and my black interior hides any leprosy.

How many Leatherique treatments is this for you, and do you do anything in between? Do you do the wheel too?

I do Lexol cleaner/conditioner every 4-6 weeks, and Zanio brothers at least once a year.
I suspect black leather hides a whole lot more than stone leather, which is so light it's almost white. Very much a cream color.

I do an overnight Leatherique application once a year, and this is my fourth year. Throughout the year I'll use Lexol cleaner maybe two or three times, depending on need.

Just did up the wife's Subaru at the beginning of the week. Her Forester has brown leather, and it cleaned up very nicely.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:58 PM
verikp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Past couple weeks I've tinted the windows (35%) and put on 19" Niche 131 Targas (245/40/19). Also pictured is my 1996 GSXR 750 strategically placed to block the huge front wheel gap that will get taken care of soon with swift springs.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:33 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Had SPL rear end links installed. One of the OE links broke after lowering the car. The car felt ponderous when turning without that rear sway bar.

Also had the A/C charged again, 4th time in one year. No leaks so my A/C problem is electronic.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:23 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by slartibartfast
Also had the A/C charged again, 4th time in one year. No leaks so my A/C problem is electronic.

That's weird. If it's not leaking out, where is the refrigerant going?
Old 06-19-2018, 09:47 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by verikp

Past couple weeks I've tinted the windows (35%) and put on 19" Niche 131 Targas (245/40/19). Also pictured is my 1996 GSXR 750 strategically placed to block the huge front wheel gap that will get taken care of soon with swift springs.
Don't feel too bad. My wheel gap is pretty bad at the moment too, and I have the suspension in the garage! Plus we can see the rear wheel gap... lol
Just kidding. The car looks good. Looking forward to seeing it lowered. What suspension are you installing?
Old 06-19-2018, 10:31 AM
defektion
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I just replaced my struts/shocks on all four corners on my X with KYB Excel G's. Needless to say, the job took longer than expected as this was my first time doing it on any of my vehicles but with a little patience and perseverance, I got it done.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:40 AM
Stachuu
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Installed 550cc injectors, took about 3 hours.
Going to have it retuned today.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?