G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 02:02 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Looking really good, Jake. Looks like you can go a little wider with your spacers though to get those rears nice and flush!
Old 08-14-2017, 02:13 PM
Jake85

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice work Jake, be sure to post up a review in the review section when you get some time on them, always great to have more options in coilovers for sure!

BTW, what vendor did you go with?
Thanks, will do. I actually purchased them directly through FEAL. The kit for the g37x sedan had just come out when I discovered it a little over a month ago. I'm not aware of anyone else who may be selling it currently.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:23 PM
Jake85

Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Looking really good, Jake. Looks like you can go a little wider with your spacers though to get those rears nice and flush!

Thank you. Yeah I think I could have safely gone with 10mm based on my calculations but I wanted to play it safe this first go round. My mechanic buddy didn't have time to do the rear control arms. There is too much camber there in those pictures since it hasn't had a new alignment yet. The camber is creating that tucked look which is only exaggerated by how low it is. Once it's aligned and the camber is lessened the top of the wheel will sit more flush thus eliminating some of that side gap. I'll reasses the need for the bigger spacers at the end of the day today once the car is all squared properly with rear control arms installed, new alignment and raising the car up about a half inch. I'm scraping things so easily and it's sketching me out big time. It wasn't suppose to be set that low.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:08 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
so feal is a canadian brand?
Old 08-14-2017, 03:43 PM
c1utchh
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Jake85
Had the new Feal 441 coilovers installed yesterday as well as SPC front control arms and 5mm spacers all around. Rear control arms will be installed tomorrow. Its too low right now and im not a big fan of the "tucked" look so it will be raised up about a half an inch tomorrow as well. Havent had any time to push the car properly so Im going to do that today and ill report back. The short amount of time driving it home from the shop revealed a much higher level of composure over road imperfections when going straight or cornering. It soaks bumps up very nicely. Way more of a refined ride compared to the stock struts and shocks with the Swifts on there. Selling the Swifts as well if anyone is interested.
Looking very proper Jake, always good to see the variations of height with our wheel style. It looks almost as tucked as mine. I'm still considering what sort of MM spacers to go for the front to make the fat tire appearance stand out more.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:31 PM
LssThanThree
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Installed Whiteline's polyurethane differential bushings. The car now shifts much smoother and the 1-2 gear change jerkiness is almost completely gone.
It finally feels smooth while accelerating which was something that was driving me crazy.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:49 PM
Jake85

Originally Posted by c1utchh
Looking very proper Jake, always good to see the variations of height with our wheel style. It looks almost as tucked as mine. I'm still considering what sort of MM spacers to go for the front to make the fat tire appearance stand out more.
Thanks man. Your car looks great by the way. I am going to go with a slightly fatter tire next time, somewhere between mine and yours. Looks like you could do a 10mm since your front tires are only 245.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:36 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Jake85
Thank you. Yeah I think I could have safely gone with 10mm based on my calculations but I wanted to play it safe this first go round. My mechanic buddy didn't have time to do the rear control arms. There is too much camber there in those pictures since it hasn't had a new alignment yet. The camber is creating that tucked look which is only exaggerated by how low it is. Once it's aligned and the camber is lessened the top of the wheel will sit more flush thus eliminating some of that side gap. I'll reasses the need for the bigger spacers at the end of the day today once the car is all squared properly with rear control arms installed, new alignment and raising the car up about a half inch. I'm scraping things so easily and it's sketching me out big time. It wasn't suppose to be set that low.

Sounds like you've got a solid plan of action... I agree that you should definitely make sure you've got the rear camber set and the ride height where you want it before going any thicker on the spacers.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:22 PM
doublea88
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
Wrapped my center console in vinyl in a darker grey! Not a pro at wrapping but happy with the way it looks. Will attempt to finish the door sills with them on the car, don't really feel like taking apart the door for that.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Sedan today?-img_7577.jpg  
Old 08-16-2017, 03:15 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by doublea88
Wrapped my center console in vinyl in a darker grey! Not a pro at wrapping but happy with the way it looks. Will attempt to finish the door sills with them on the car, don't really feel like taking apart the door for that.
Nice. Really makes the carsmo ***** pop.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:25 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice color choice there, looks like a good job. Removing the door panels isn't hard, I'd go that route vs. wrapping w/ them on the panel. That wrap color would also look great on the lower console piece, I'd do that too
Old 08-16-2017, 05:01 PM
doublea88
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
Yup love the color and actually did the lower console too. The hardest part were the 1-6 numbers and having to wrap behind them. Will attempt to remove the drivers side door as I will need to because of the seat memory buttons.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Sedan today?-img_7574.jpg  
Old 08-21-2017, 10:11 PM
thompsje
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good. I wrapped my center in some cheap carbon fiber pattern that I had, and then did the aluminum trim with some 3M Graphite stuff. The cheap stuff has started to peel on the edges and ahe 3M stuff looks so much better. I'm going to have to break down and do black 3M on the center stack, but I don't feel like taking it all apart again.

I also need to order those stereo *****. The stock ones look like ***.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:25 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Just washed my car... Well I didn't, but someone did. LOL
Old 08-23-2017, 10:31 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Nice Adrian. Your grille inspired me to make one too Got a spare silver one ready to be modified.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?