Old 08-04-2009, 08:13 AM
KLB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone seriously needs to be banned.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:44 AM
w0ady

Originally Posted by G35_TX
Never known anyone to call the Audi interiors cheap. Remember, there is a reason why manufactures and magazines call Audi the benchmark of interiors that everyone tries to match.
Originally Posted by G37Sam
Yup it's a true fact, I love my G and will take it over any car but you have to take your hat off to an Audi interior when you see one
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
The marketing pictures always look great on any car. The interiors on our cars are nice but Audi is head and shoulders ahead on fit & finish. I like the styling of the G interior over the picture of the Audi above. all of that is subjective. But the quality of materials on most Audis are just better.

sorry i guess i should have elaborate more. their materials aere awesome, dont get me wrong. however i think the germans are still playing catch-up to japanese ergonomics. i remember thinking my 35 interior was plain looking but still so easy to look at and use. with the 37, they kept it easy but the luxury look is 10x nicer than the 35. so sure their fit/materials may be higher but when it all comes down to it - what really matters is what my eyes like the most. it was the same thing when i bought my plasma.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:31 AM
zmzmzm

Originally Posted by G35_TX
Never known anyone to call the Audi interiors cheap. Remember, there is a reason why manufactures and magazines call Audi the benchmark of interiors that everyone tries to match.
A friend of mine (a BMW fanboy to be sure) shopped between the BMW and the Audi... his complaint was the Audi felt cheap. I think it came down to how the buttons felt, he thought the "click" feel was cheap.

I tend to agree that they are usually well regarded by the press for interiors, and (comparitively) poorly for handling.

When my wife had an A6 and I had a BMW540, I can say that I did not like the button feel in the Audi either.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:59 PM
netmag

Most of this stuff is just personal preference. However, I guess I'll throw in my 2 cents anyway.
I can say that I have no brand loyalty when it comes to vehicles. I just get whatever happens to fit my criteria the best. Also, I've never owned an Infiniti, Nissan, Audi, or VW before.

I'll admit though that German cars are a bit handicapped with me since I like to buy my cars instead of leasing them and I worry about long term reliability and repair costs.

We (my wife and I) feel that the G37 interior is nice. Not perfect but it seems to be up to par with other interiors within its class. Also, the more we see its interior the more it grows on us. The A4 is a nice looking vehicle. Different look and feel from the G. The G sedan is more curved and sporty. While the A4 is bit more stately in appearance. I wouldn't say one is better than the other. Just different. They both look good with their chosen look.

Even though the A4 probably isn't on our list due to the higher price, weaker power, and maintenance concerns, we still made a point to go check out the interior just to be certain and for comparison purposes. So we went to check one out a few days ago.

I have to say that A4 interior did not impress me at all. The moment I sat in it, I wanted to get out as I felt the interior didn't help justify the extra money at all. Also, it felt smaller on the inside than the G. Not sure if that's true or not but that's how it felt especially in the back seat. The interior fit and finish was good and the materials seemed up to par with standards in this segment, but there was nothing particularly special about it and it didn't seem any better than the G's interior at all.

The A4 on the floor did not have wood and I'm guessing that Audi's wood is probably better or presented better than the way Infiniti uses it. Maybe that's some of where their interiors get the press hype. Also, maybe the fit and finish of the Audi would hold up better than Infiniti's over time. I don't know.

My wife was even harsher. She said it was the worst of the interiors that we have looked at in person thus far. So far we've looked at the A4, Mercedes 350, G37 sedan, Cadillac CTS, and 2010 Buick LaCrosse.

Again, it's all personal preference but that's how we saw it.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:31 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exterior styline on the G37 Coupe is way better versus Audi A4 sedan - however sedan for sedan it is a definite toss-up. I think the A4 sedan is heavy and underpowered and kind of ugly too. Really with the BMW 3-series and what it offers even with the 3 series (with the 328i being similarly priced) why would you want to consider the A4 - I'm pretty sure the BMW 328i is a better buy and more blast to drive than the A4 in any category. If you want more BANG for the buck, 328hp - then go for the G37 Sedan. It comes down to German vs Japanese really - both have totally different engineering disciplines.

On second looks I still give the better looks to the G37 sedan versus the A4 sedan. Audi 4's just don't look sporty enough to me. Bimmer looks better. Audis start lookng good at the 5 level, A5 looks dope!

Also the A4 backseat would be like a Civic with leather backseat. The G37 Sedan backseat can actually seat 2 with good comfort and 3 with moderate comfort.

Last edited by DetroitG37Joe; 08-04-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:17 PM
w0ady

like a couple people pointed out, when i shopped the audi and bmw - i just could not understand the price jump vs the interior look. for the $ you pay, its like they just slapped something together and said hey people will pay for our brand no matter what.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:52 PM
RikRock37

I just bought the new Audi Q5 and I believe interior wise it is like the A4. Anyway compared to my G37 coupe the everyday buttons like radio, air con, and gadgets are more difficult to use. You have to go about 2 levels deep just to change the fan strength and to get to your radio presets. Also the steering wheel has a turning **** to select a station or song, then you have to press down the ****.

Just small stuff like that is what makes me like the Infiniti interior and controls a lot better. Though the exterior is nice performance wise I would take the G over the A4.