Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

New g37 owner questions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 04:09 PM
Zach Stewart

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New g37 owner questions!

I've looked pretty thoroughly for the answers to these questions im about to ask, cant find many answers.

I've been looking at g37's for a while now and got approved a loan at my bank, and im going to look at a few tomorrow and possibly buy one! I have my eye on a '12 g37S with 52k miles. My questions are as follow:

1) is there anything i should replace around this mileage? Like do a full flush, change spark plugs, etc...

2) Any problems i should take note of that generally happen to these models around this mileage? (52k)

3) Anything I should do to put it in tip top shape? (besides mods of course) just to get it in best running condition.

Note: Im not sure what condition the vehicle is in, it was a 1 owner car and it was a lease vehicle. I dont trust how other people treat things so im just being cautious! Thanks in advance.
The following users liked this post:
yonimoto (08-19-2015)
Old 08-18-2015, 04:52 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site~
At 52k miles I'd inspect the brake pads and replace if needed, do a complete brake fluid flush w/ synthetic DOT 4 fluid.

Spark plugs should be OK up to 100k miles but many replace them around 75k, should be good for now.

I'd change the oil/filter w/ full synthetic 5-30 and I use the larger Infiniti V8 filters, the V6 filters are just bigger than a thimble. Reference a 2012 Infiniti M56 for correct part #.

If it's a Auto trans it's up to you about the fluid, I just changed mine myself at 72k miles for the first time. Some do it as early as 30k, some at 100k, and some never do it. At the minimum a drain & fill wouldn't hurt. Here's the DIY for reference
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...rop-clean.html

I'd also look into a rear differential fluid change, power filter fluid change, clutch fluid (if applicable), and possibly a coolant flush.

Some of these may have been done, and if they've been done at an Infiniti dealer they should be able to look it up w/ your VIN #.

Nice to be looking at the S package, it's worth the extra cost.
G/L and let us know how it goes.
Brad
Old 08-18-2015, 05:01 PM
Zach Stewart

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the quick response! And also thanks for the tips! Im planning on keeping this car until it falls apart and Id love to keep it in prestine condition. I'll be very active on this website! thanks again!