G37 Sedan

G37 vs A4

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 11:39 PM
Nght&Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 vs A4

ok, so im in the market for a G sedan, but lately the A4 has been catching my eye.. im still leaning torwards the G which is why i posted this here and not an audi forum, but maybe you guys can support my decision and convince me why infiniti
Old 07-29-2009, 11:52 PM
2009g37xs
Registered Member

here instead of buying the A4 get the G and you can give me the extra 10k that you would have to pay to get a similarly equipped audi and i'll invest it for you... btw my name is Bernie Madoff
Old 07-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Nght&Day

Originally Posted by 2009g37xs
here instead of buying the A4 get the G and you can give me the extra 10k that you would have to pay to get a similarly equipped audi and i'll invest it for you... btw my name is Bernie Madoff

Hey Bernie, the names Andrew.. well i dont know about 10k more, the A4 with the premium plus package is selling at 33k which is below invoice according to Edmunds.com which has the msrp, invoice, and then the price at which other in your area are buying them for.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:34 AM
sammie

LOL! You wouldn't happen to be Andrew Cuomo, would you? .....Oh, never mind.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:40 AM
Nght&Day

The Attorney?
Old 07-30-2009, 12:43 AM
zmzmzm

Probably you should drive them both, and see what appeals to you most. Audi's have not been my thing (my wife had an A6, which I found heavy and slow). I have owned BMW's in the past and know the appeal.

To be fair, I have not test driven the A4, the two cars I considered seriously was a BMW335 and the G37. I was looking for a manual sport sedan, so those were the logical choices. I don't even know if the A4 comes with a powerful engine and a manual.

I have had an awd G37 loaner, and it was quite nice even with the automatic. Probably you will need to provide more guidance on what kind of car your looking for, and what packages/configuration you are considering to get good advice.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:43 AM
Sharp_cai

Audi's car dont hold value, i drove the Audi Q7 for 5 days, don't like it at all, infiniti is way better than Audi, especially on price!
Old 07-30-2009, 01:46 AM
aznutx

get the audi
Old 07-30-2009, 02:28 AM
Kwang

My friend told me the A4 drives and feel like a POS; she actually likes the G37 more after driving mine.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:06 AM
iiiiiekoiiiii

actually infiniti is currently giving out free asswhoopin to
c class c300-350
is350
audi a4 any motor...

just had a convo with someone that knows nothing about cars, just drives and test drove all 4 cars. Even she said it, the way g37x handled on the corners, the ride, the dash, its just easily topping off these german cars...
and she's currently leasin an 06 a4 turbo with sport package. And was feening for the new a4... only real reason being the headlights, so i just laughed at her...
Old 07-30-2009, 06:48 AM
mello03

Have you driven the A4? If you have I would be very surprised that you are still considering it. I took the Audi out and the salesman asked me if he could drive it off the lot and I said sure. We got out on the road and he said "do you mind if I scare you?" I thought this was strange, but he was foreign and I hesitantly said yes. He said "I want to show you what Quattro can do for you." I thought oh god, do they really teach these guys this crap. He put it through it's paces and said "what do you think?" I said well it holds pretty well with the AWD but there sure is some understeer. LOL. Honestly I drove the A4 2.0T and 3.2 in Quattro, the Lexus IS 250 and 350, and the Benz C300, and the BMW 328i. I bought the G because of the great interior, look, and the seat fit me just perfectly. The power is not even close between the G and the Audi even with the new power of the 3.2. I believe that the G is the best daily driver that I have ever had. Awesome bang for the buck in the smaller sports sedan market period.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:20 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sedan wise. A4 hands down. I drove the 2.0T and it is a nice little car, personally I think it looks much better as well. I personally do not like the G37 sedan, I have one right now while my coupe is at the dealer and it sucks.

Plus the 2.0T is so much easier to mod. Bigger turbo, bigger intercooler, boost controller and you can completely change that car.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:30 AM
AldinG37s

had a VW Gti 2.0t - typical problem with that engine is oil consuption... 1 Qt per 5000 miles if not more.. ohh and when you have an extra component on your engine like a turbo, visits to the service may be more frequent. the other down side is the A4 has no leg room in the back even being a sedan.

The 3.2 does not have enough power especially in comparison to the g37.

however the G37 sedan - not really my style - the headlights are shaped differently and i am not digging the back side either, the BMW looks even worse..

if i had to get a sedan - id just buy a cheap Chevy Cobalt 4 door - and then get a G37 coupe as your pleasure vehicle
Old 07-30-2009, 09:40 AM
sammie

Wow, divergent perspectives. I would think the S4, available in September, might offer the best comparison to the G in regard to performance if you aren't the modding type.

If you were to buy + keep, the G will most likely be the more dependable, cost effective car. I have a friend with a 2.0T Passat. At 60k, he had to replace the turbo for $1800.

The A4 is a good looking car though. I talked with an owner who has an all black S-line A4. It was beautiful! I think the backseat is bigger and there is more legroom in comparison to the G, although Audi won't provide actual figures for rear seat legroom.

Insurance is most likely more expensive for the Audi.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Nght&Day

wow, well you guys arent helping me much, just confusing me more lol. i posted here on purpose since i was leaning more to the G instead and thought you guys would just give me the boost to go wth the G.

Well no i havnt test driven the A4, i will this satuday im test driving the G and the A4. But ive driven plenty of Infiniti's cars my mother has a M my father has a FX and whenever ones in for service they give them a G sedan. So i know how good they ride but i want to test drive them back to back and compare them that way.

Two things that are making me look at audi is, the new looks are sweet, and the dealers in my area are going 2k under invoice on the A4, but still i want to see how they ride.

Quick Reply: G37 vs A4