Sponsored By:

Disappointed After 1 Year of Ownership

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Skyline73
The europeans get whatever versions they request from nissan cuz they pay almost double what we pay. US gets the beggars can't be choosers model But, the american G is closer to the japanese model in overall performance. And to me! As an enthusiast!! This is what I want and hope that all enthusiasts that bought this car for its heritage as a SKYLINE would want the performance end.
Why don't we just do away with the 2 door model, go four door and add rear power seats and a more supple suspension and other germaphile accoutrements and call it a mercedes??? :sarcasm: they shoulda sold this car as a nissan skyline stateside. It would end the confusion and ward off brand ******... Posts like this anger me.
This is a SKYLINE!!! This is NOT A LUXURY CAR! It was never meant to be a luxury car!
They added a few luxury features to the car to be able to carry the infiniti name respectably. Its providing that marginal luxury to hold a name. This is a NISSAN! SKYLINE...
WITH EX, M , AND FX models to compete more on the luxury end. Why not buy those?
the 3.5 and 3.7 models on those cars have the same engines as G models but have lower HP. Do you know why??? They were tuned to have smoother more supple rides! The exhaust notes are quieter and the tranny response is smoother... y cuz those are luxury sport.
I partially blame nissan for the way they advertise the G, but I still blame more the consumer for not doing research nor understanding the history of a car. Everyone wants to compare the G to a lexus but the lexus has no performance coupe. And that SC430 thing is a joke... cuz if it was half a sports car. You guys would own that and not a "G".
As far as your squeaks and rattles go. These are plant built cars. Not handbuilt. Its gonna happen. So just go to the dealer and let them work there magic. As far as bubbling. U guys got a point. I personally don't hav any of these problems yet but if it happens that my seat bubbles... I'm choppin heads. I haven't heard the noises that come from no one knows yet but I heard these complaints in the z forum and they discovered it to be ECU whine. You might want to check and see if this is the issue. Cuz if it is? They should have a tsb for it cuz they recently served a tsb on the Z for it. N if they haven't served infiniti yet? This will be a good platform to begin complaining from. But find out 1st if your unknown noise is ECU whine.
In the end guys, you can't take a 45k pure luxury car and compare it to a 45k sports coupe with thousands of dollars of performance upgrades. The 45k pure lux doesn't have the extra thousands of dollars in performance upgrades. So the 45k pure lux car compensated with more luxury. Makes sense to me. The 45k G will run circles around a 45k lexus. Its not done by magic. Its done by investing money more in performance than luxury.
If u wanted a better fit and finish. U coulda went BMW? The extra luxury also reflects in the extra $7k. In the end u get what u pay for. When I got the G. The 1st thing I noticed is the carpet is the same quality as my altima... lol
But then I drove it. I felt where the 14k difference was. And if any of you come from a G35 like I did. U can see and feel the huge difference in quality from the previous G35. This car is slightly overpriced for its quality. But I got mine brand new during the winter sales event for $37.7k sport/premium/ brake pads/body colorspoiler/accesory pkg. If price vs quality was an issue, you shoulda waited like me. Infiniti does the same sale every year with the same savings n the same low interest rates.
Use your warraties guys... that's what its there for. And if u get resistance from nissan/ infiniti let us kno on the forum so we can all make noise for the cause. Its that simple.

Totally Agree!

And like a few said we have purchased a upgraded model car right after its release. Usually the rule of thumb is to buy a car 2-3 years after its new/upgraded release. That's best done since the issues are worked out by then. Example; the paint scratching is less an issue now with the new Clear Coat.

My problem is the Dealerships not wanting to fix these little minor issues under warranty.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
I hope this thread doesn’t degrade into another Skyline versus G37 debate. We’ve been through this before.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:33 PM
classy37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skyline73
The europeans get whatever versions they request from nissan cuz they pay almost double what we pay. US gets the beggars can't be choosers model But, the american G is closer to the japanese model in overall performance. And to me! As an enthusiast!! This is what I want and hope that all enthusiasts that bought this car for its heritage as a SKYLINE would want the performance end.
Why don't we just do away with the 2 door model, go four door and add rear power seats and a more supple suspension and other germaphile accoutrements and call it a mercedes??? :sarcasm: they shoulda sold this car as a nissan skyline stateside. It would end the confusion and ward off brand ******... Posts like this anger me.
This is a SKYLINE!!! This is NOT A LUXURY CAR! It was never meant to be a luxury car!
They added a few luxury features to the car to be able to carry the infiniti name respectably. Its providing that marginal luxury to hold a name. This is a NISSAN! SKYLINE...
WITH EX, M , AND FX models to compete more on the luxury end. Why not buy those?
the 3.5 and 3.7 models on those cars have the same engines as G models but have lower HP. Do you know why??? They were tuned to have smoother more supple rides! The exhaust notes are quieter and the tranny response is smoother... y cuz those are luxury sport.
I partially blame nissan for the way they advertise the G, but I still blame more the consumer for not doing research nor understanding the history of a car. Everyone wants to compare the G to a lexus but the lexus has no performance coupe. And that SC430 thing is a joke... cuz if it was half a sports car. You guys would own that and not a "G".
As far as your squeaks and rattles go. These are plant built cars. Not handbuilt. Its gonna happen. So just go to the dealer and let them work there magic. As far as bubbling. U guys got a point. I personally don't hav any of these problems yet but if it happens that my seat bubbles... I'm choppin heads. I haven't heard the noises that come from no one knows yet but I heard these complaints in the z forum and they discovered it to be ECU whine. You might want to check and see if this is the issue. Cuz if it is? They should have a tsb for it cuz they recently served a tsb on the Z for it. N if they haven't served infiniti yet? This will be a good platform to begin complaining from. But find out 1st if your unknown noise is ECU whine.
In the end guys, you can't take a 45k pure luxury car and compare it to a 45k sports coupe with thousands of dollars of performance upgrades. The 45k pure lux doesn't have the extra thousands of dollars in performance upgrades. So the 45k pure lux car compensated with more luxury. Makes sense to me. The 45k G will run circles around a 45k lexus. Its not done by magic. Its done by investing money more in performance than luxury.
If u wanted a better fit and finish. U coulda went BMW? The extra luxury also reflects in the extra $7k. In the end u get what u pay for. When I got the G. The 1st thing I noticed is the carpet is the same quality as my altima... lol
But then I drove it. I felt where the 14k difference was. And if any of you come from a G35 like I did. U can see and feel the huge difference in quality from the previous G35. This car is slightly overpriced for its quality. But I got mine brand new during the winter sales event for $37.7k sport/premium/ brake pads/body colorspoiler/accesory pkg. If price vs quality was an issue, you shoulda waited like me. Infiniti does the same sale every year with the same savings n the same low interest rates.
Use your warraties guys... that's what its there for. And if u get resistance from nissan/ infiniti let us kno on the forum so we can all make noise for the cause. Its that simple.
Excellent post man. The only thing that I disagree with, and I see this being said all the time, is the part in boldface. BMW 3-series fit and finish is no better than the fit and finish in our cars, and you could argue that it is worse. Huge trim gaps, cheap plastics, and squeaks that start earlier than in G. The premium that you pay is for the name, and the performance (real in the case of the 335, and perceived in the case of the other 3-series).
Old 12-09-2009, 01:42 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by classy37
Excellent post man. The only thing that I disagree with, and I see this being said all the time, is the part in boldface. BMW 3-series fit and finish is no better than the fit and finish in our cars, and you could argue that it is worse. Huge trim gaps, cheap plastics, and squeaks that start earlier than in G. The premium that you pay is for the name, and the performance (real in the case of the 335, and perceived in the case of the other 3-series).
100% agree. The extra $$ is ONLY for the name. I can't stand BMW and I think the complaints about the G (of which I have none) are miniscule compared to the BMW's.

Back OT...no car, no matter how much money you spend, will EVER be perfect. I have zero complaints about the G and absolutely love every minute I get to drive it.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:07 PM
HarvirK
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I have had my '08 G for a little over 2 years now with over 48K on the clock. I have none of the issues you complain of. I had the infamous muffler rattle on cold starts, but I had it replaced with no hassles. I have since replaced it with aftermarket exhaust. It still takes about 2 minutes for the car to warm up completely - just like every other car I've ever owned. None of the other issues you have.
which after market exhaust did you replace it with
Old 03-29-2018, 08:22 AM
Bostonreefer

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by HarvirK

which after market exhaust did you replace it with
Bro this thread is going on 9 years....
Old 03-29-2018, 11:46 AM
HarvirK
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Bostonreefer