Build Threads

Rochester's new G

Old 01-18-2017, 01:18 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

Good luck with next-car, buddy. I suspect with your penchant for manual transmissions, it will be German or British, and you'll finally get off the Infiniti bandwagon. No wait... I just noticed the Red Sport in your sig-line. Hmm, I remember your huge discontent with the two-pedal xS, so here's hoping 400hp makes up for it.
Yea the 400 def helps but needs a double-clutch badly. I gave the xS an unnecessary amount of hate for not being a manual and that wasn't fair. It turned out to be a great car and I was happy with it. In my outgoing Q60's 48k mile life, various components from the clutch caused many odd noises which made me believe the transmission was possessed since I never ever had any issues with my previous 6-mt's. It went in for many repairs and it just never felt right towards the end unfortunately. A sweet deal came along last minute without any notice and I couldn't say no. This is my first turbocharged car and I like it, but I'm still getting acclimated with the electric steering though.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:50 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 338 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by Goonz
Yea the 400 def helps but needs a double-clutch badly. I gave the xS an unnecessary amount of hate for not being a manual and that wasn't fair. It turned out to be a great car and I was happy with it. In my outgoing Q60's 48k mile life, various components from the clutch caused many odd noises which made me believe the transmission was possessed since I never ever had any issues with my previous 6-mt's. It went in for many repairs and it just never felt right towards the end unfortunately. A sweet deal came along last minute without any notice and I couldn't say no. This is my first turbocharged car and I like it, but I'm still getting acclimated with the electric steering though.
Absolute shame that the QX30 had a DCT, but the Q50/Q60 are stuck with torque converters... Not even a good torque converter. Lexus' 8-speed is awesome.

Next car for me (depending on how well I'm doing financially) will be a Cadillac CTS-V or a Lexus GS-F.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:00 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Parts, parts and more parts. Final components to this year's mod, after buying a rear diff rebuild kit, and Whiteline rear diff bushings. This is the Nissan OEM gear & pinion with a 4.083 final drive ratio.

Now I wait until Springtime. April, most likely.

Great planning, John. Can't wait to see how this project turns out!

Oh, and congrats on the successful salary negotiations... I wish I could negotiate a new salary with myself.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:34 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,569 Likes on 3,422 Posts
After five years, I reached a milestone today. Just made the final payment.

Paid in Full!

I now own this car outright... which is pretty awesome.

The car is beautiful, in nearly perfect condition, with only 33k miles and tastefully (IMO) modified.

None too shabby.
The following users liked this post:
ShuuraRG (01-20-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 08:15 PM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts

Paid in Full!

The car is beautiful, in nearly perfect condition, with only 33k miles and tastefully (IMO) modified.

None too shabby.
Congrats John!!!! I miss having a paid-off car... Now, I've started all over again...
Rochester (01-20-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 08:41 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts

Paid in Full!

None too shabby.
Awesome John! Does that mean more money towards mods?
Old 01-20-2017, 09:05 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by '11G37S
Awesome John! Does that mean more money towards mods?
Well, it helps, for sure. But actually, we're going to continue making "payments" for another year or so, to a separate savings account, as down payment on my wife's next car. We bought her Honda brand new in 2008 and it's time.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:56 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Well, it helps, for sure. But actually, we're going to continue making "payments" for another year or so, to a separate savings account, as down payment on my wife's next car. We bought her Honda brand new in 2008 and it's time.
Makes sense. What vehicle are you all leaning towards for her? Jaguar F Pace? Porsche Macan? Maserati Levante?
Old 01-21-2017, 06:29 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 338 Likes on 233 Posts

Paid in Full!

None too shabby.
Congrats! It's a wonderful feeling, I've had much less hesitation about the purchases for my car since I paid it off back in August.
Rochester (01-21-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 08:34 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by '11G37S
Makes sense. What vehicle are you all leaning towards for her? Jaguar F Pace? Porsche Macan? Maserati Levante?
Hahahaha... no. I wish. Probably another CR-V, but this time top end instead of the middle model; leather, nav, heated seats, etc. Honda just came out with they're next gen, and it's pretty appealing.

I sure wouldn't mind the F-Pace, though.

There isn't a single Jag in my neighborhood. Come to think of it, mine is the only Infiniti, too. Not just the only G, but the only Infiniti. Weird.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:52 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Hahahaha... no. I wish. Probably another CR-V, but this time top end instead of the middle model; leather, nav, heated seats, etc. Honda just came out with they're next gen, and it's pretty appealing.

I sure wouldn't mind the F-Pace, though.

There isn't a single Jag in my neighborhood. Come to think of it, mine is the only Infiniti, too. Not just the only G, but the only Infiniti. Weird.
I don't know man... I can for sure see your driveway with a F-Pace and F-Type, his and hers respectively, you know, just looking to the future since I know you were wanting a F-Type in a few years.

Food for thought...

Old 01-21-2017, 11:09 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
sweet!! congrats man!
Old 01-21-2017, 03:23 PM
Dembflyr
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Paid in Full!

None too shabby.

Congrats! Such a good feeling to not have that payment anymore.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:00 PM
Rochester
Administrator

So what do you do all winter with summer wheels tucked away in the basement? You wait until you're really bored, then start a project.
  • Wipe the wheels down with Simple Clean and a microfiber towel, both the face and the deep inner lip, removing most of the dirt.
  • Use a soft plastic scrubby to clean the surface yet again, removing all the little black bits of tar and what-not.
  • Go over the entire surface with claybar against detailing spray. As much as you thought it was clean before, one look at the clay afterwards...
  • Then wax every finished surface with Meguiars Ultimate Paste.
  • Let it fully cure overnight, and buff the entire wheel. Don't forget the toothbrush for the embossed logo and the center caps.

You'll go through like a bag of towels. Your feet will fall asleep, and your fingers will get cramped. But if you do this every winter, the wheels will look brand new every Spring. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:19 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Well it sure won't hurt them.

I say you go get those gears put in.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rochester's new G