Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

08 G37s Intelligent Key Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 04:54 PM
bumi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 G37s Intelligent Key Not Working

Hey forum,

My car battery had been fully discharged due to leaving a light on overnight. I brought the battery to AutoZone to check the cells and they confirmed the battery was good so I reinstalled it after I cleaned the corrosion off the terminals with a cleaning kit. After installation, the intelligent key would no longer work. I can't unlock or lock the vehicle with the remote. None of the functions work including starting the car. The only way the car starts is when the keyfob is inserted into the dash. Also one thing to note, the car does not recognize whether the key is in the car or not. I can step outside and it still will not give the "no key" error. Last resort is to have the keys reprogrammed but I was wondering if anyone has been through this experience before.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:20 AM
Entcee
Premier Member

Received 123 Likes on 80 Posts
Might try replacing the battery in the fob before reprogramming. Would be quite a coincidence, but it is cheap enough to try.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:57 AM
bumi

Originally Posted by Entcee
Might try replacing the battery in the fob before reprogramming. Would be quite a coincidence, but it is cheap enough to try.
My apologies. I forgot to mention that I did replace the battery. It was actually the first thing I did since the low battery indicator was being displayed for the past 2 weeks.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:11 AM
bumi

Just an update,

I've gotten two separate keys re-programmed. The BCM recognized both and were programmed successfully however the wireless remote functions all still do not work. I cannot unlock/lock the car. The driver/passenger door and trunk access buttons do not work.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:59 AM
Rollo
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
When I was looking into keyfob problems that turned out to be a battery I think I remember reading that there was a receiver that could go bad and cause that kind of issue.

I didn't get too far into it because changing the battery fixed mine.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:36 PM
bumi

Originally Posted by Rollo
When I was looking into keyfob problems that turned out to be a battery I think I remember reading that there was a receiver that could go bad and cause that kind of issue.

I didn't get too far into it because changing the battery fixed mine.
There are apparently two keyless entry control modules. Infiniti OE 28595JK60A for the front and 28595JK000 for the rear. I've replaced the front module to no avail. I will order the rear module and see if it fixes this issue. Although I'm skeptical because it's not just the keyless entry that is the problem rather the car does not recognize the key is even near the car hence being unable to start the car without inserting the keyfob into the dash slot.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:37 PM
bumi

Update:

I tried getting a used BCM reprogrammed to no avail. The locksmith stated the BCM wouldn't disable the steering lock and thus wasn't allowing communication to the BCM. I'm assuming it is because I've purchased the superseded unit. My last attempt will be to purchase a a brand new BCM from the dealership.

Interestingly enough, my remote lock/unlock now works and ever so randomly the unlock button on the handle would function. Push start without a key in the dash still does not work neither does any wireless function including the trunk release button.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:59 AM
Rikter

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Have you brought the vehicle into the dealership to have the problem diagnosed? Seems you're spending spending spending on possibles all for naught so far when perhaps a few bucks spent on a technician could have pointed you in the right direction and then did the repair yourself?
The following users liked this post:
telcoman (09-12-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 04:12 PM
bumi

Originally Posted by Rikter
Have you brought the vehicle into the dealership to have the problem diagnosed? Seems you're spending spending spending on possibles all for naught so far when perhaps a few bucks spent on a technician could have pointed you in the right direction and then did the repair yourself?
The locksmith I go to does programming for the local Nissan Dealership here which is actually how I ended up there.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:18 PM
1971442w30conv
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that when car battery is removed and replaced all kinds of gremlins pop up due to total power loss...some windows will only partial open, close, sun roof has a mind of it's own, seat settings and radio may or may not be saved. There are sequences that are done to wake a lot of these up. Not to say this is the fix all cure but I've had similar issues and were all resolved by this. I know when throttle body service is done they have to teach the idle control for the same reason.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:47 PM
malady

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Any update on this?

I changed my car battery and now have the same exact issue.

key fob wont start/lock/unlock the car.

I can only drive the car by inserting the fob.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:15 AM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by malady
Any update on this?

I changed my car battery and now have the same exact issue.

key fob wont start/lock/unlock the car.

I can only drive the car by inserting the fob.
hsve you changed fob battery or made sure it was put in right or even the right battey
Old 09-12-2018, 03:18 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
The fob battery is a CR2032.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:16 AM
Realist1234
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bumi
The locksmith I go to does programming for the local Nissan Dealership here which is actually how I ended up there.
have ever got the problem fix