tirerack.com winter tires for boston

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 06:46 PM
rrrevin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone who ordered from Tirerack recevied their tires and can confirm that the combo they ordered fits or not?
Old 10-28-2007, 08:31 PM
COUPE-DADDY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would like to know myself....

Old 10-28-2007, 09:25 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
I need to get a floor jack too, anyone know where I can get one that is low enough to get under the G37.
I have no personal experience but one mentioned here might be an option...

Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
I think that for winter tires it is always best to go down one size, so I would go with the 18" tire package.
I agree. Check out the tread width of the 18's vs the 19's. They're more than an inch narrower which helps a lot. Unless you like the thrill of hyrdoplanning down the highway in slush.

Last edited by joeposter; 10-29-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:10 PM
G37RacerX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rrrevin
Has anyone who ordered from Tirerack recevied their tires and can confirm that the combo they ordered fits or not?
Bump!

My past orders from tirerack.com arrived within 3 - 5 business days...
Old 10-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Orbie

I just received my winter tires/rims from tirerack, I haven't had a chance to try a test fitment though. I probably won't be able to get to that until the weekend. Odds are BM or one of the others will test fit before me. I do have to say the Sport Edition A7's do look a bit small for the brakes, but they are cut much deeper on the inside then the front face shows, which is probably what allows it to fit.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Comatose

Originally Posted by Orbie
I just received my winter tires/rims from tirerack, I haven't had a chance to try a test fitment though. I probably won't be able to get to that until the weekend. Odds are BM or one of the others will test fit before me. I do have to say the Sport Edition A7's do look a bit small for the brakes, but they are cut much deeper on the inside then the front face shows, which is probably what allows it to fit.
great, please keep us posted! My main concern about the A7's was that tire rack had listed them as a +35mm offset.. which hopefully im mistaken, but I believe that would result in the wheels sticking out...
Old 10-31-2007, 08:36 PM
bostonmerlin

i received my tires/rims yesterday.. no plans to install for another few weeks though
Old 11-07-2007, 07:47 PM
bostonmerlin

picked up a low profile floor jack from sears the other day. it's getting cold in boston these days.. about time to put those tires on. I hope they fit!

anyone else get their winter tires on yet?
Old 11-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
picked up a low profile floor jack from sears the other day. it's getting cold in boston these days.. about time to put those tires on. I hope they fit!

I haven't put mine on either yet, but will sometime before the end of the month.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:42 PM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I haven't put mine on either yet, but will sometime before the end of the month.
I thought it started snowing in Canada in May!
Old 11-07-2007, 10:01 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I thought it started snowing in Canada in May!
Don't laugh i am looking at 2" of snow right now I got cought in a snow storm Last Saturday night in my G only got it on thursday. I am getting 18" rims with Michelin Pilot alpins put on tomorrow will post pics after they are on. By the way My pics are always too big to post how do you attach big pics like the guys did for the Sema show?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:12 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Which jack did you get, I still need to find one. Is it low enough to fit under the G?
Old 11-08-2007, 11:45 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

I don't see any problem fitting most floor jacks under a stock G37.

I just installed 4 225/50HR-18 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25 mounted on 18x8 Sport Edition A7 Silver wheels. They came to $1,258.54 delivered from Tire Rack.

Couple things to point out...

The stock lug nuts won't fit in the deep, narrow holes in the rims. Narrower lug nuts were included along with a lug adapter since most lug wrenches are too fat for the holes too.

There's a 12mm bolt on the front rotors that has to be removed for the rims to fit. The salesman at Tirerack said this was to hold the caliper during repair but I think it prevents you from putting the back tires on the front by mistake.

Rotor clearance was no problem (close to 1.5 inches) The caliper clears by about 3/8's of an inch.
Attached Thumbnails tirerack.com winter tires for boston-caliper.jpg   tirerack.com winter tires for boston-bolt.jpg  

Last edited by joeposter; 12-06-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:42 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by joeposter

I just installed 4 225/50HR-18 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25 mounted on 18x8 Sport Edition A7 Silver wheels.

The stock lug nuts won't fit in the deep, narrow holes in the rims. Narrower lug nuts were included along with a lug adapter since most lug wrenches are too fat for the holes too.

There's a 12mm bolt on the front rotors that has to be removed for the rims to fit. The salesman at Tirerack said this was to hold the caliper during repair but I think it prevents you from putting the back tires on the front by mistake.

Rotor clearance was no problem (close to 1.5 inches) The caliper clears by about 3/8's of an inch.
Ok, thanks, just did not want to get a jack that would not be able to clear the car. I test fitted one of my winter tires on the car last weekend, but I just used the jack that came with the car. I noticed that bolt to, unfortunately I was not told to take it off, LOL, however after like 15 minutes of trying to put the wheel on, I figured it out, felt stupid! I was happy to see that the tire cleared the calipers. Did you use the jackpoints on the side, or did you jack the car up from the front, because I looked under the front and did not really see a safe place to use to jack up the car.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:35 AM
tomcat146

Originally Posted by joeposter

I just installed 4 225/50HR-18 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25 mounted on 18x8 Sport Edition A7 Silver wheels.

Looks good !! Did you use the tire pressure sensors that were on the stock wheels ? I want to buy 4 TPS for my winter wheels but they are $102 each. Does anyone know if you could buy the G35 TPS and have them work ? The service guy i talked to did not know the answer!!! Also, do you know if the tire pressure light could be easily disabled if i decided to buy a set of after market sensors ?

Quick Reply: tirerack.com winter tires for boston