TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe Intermittent/short Duration Small Rpm Increase During Braking

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 11:46 PM
urneighborhood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well my car hit 18900 already..haha never checked up..5000 miles was last november
Old 08-31-2008, 06:53 PM
amoney805

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
^^^its too annoying not to get it fixed and who knows what kind of damage it might be doing to the transmission.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:04 PM
BHCubed

i've experienced the revving when braking also. it seems to only happen in DS mode though. it doesn't happen all the time though. it seems to only happen when i'm slowing down from over 4k rpm.

i took it to the dealer they, supposedly did the flash, they quoted the TSB on my service reciept. it's done a couple more times since i got the car back. i've just been putting off taking it back since i don't use DS mode that much.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:12 AM
will33184

has anyone done the reflash and have NOT had any problems with losing power?

(I have this problem with my tranny but I DO NOT want to lose any power whatosever with my car.)

Does anyone have not-so smooth upshift from 2-3?
Old 09-21-2008, 10:41 AM
amoney805

Got mine flashed the other day, braking is so much smoother now and no signs of the car slowing up. The car has to relearn your driving so driving it hard will keep the car from feeling "slow".
Old 09-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Stanislav

Is this TSB only for cars built before 12/6/07. I think mine was built in May of 08 but I still have this issue.

Thanks
Old 09-26-2008, 07:11 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^If you have the issue then take it to the dealer. They will look up your ECU version and flash it if it needs it.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Stanislav

Originally Posted by bboysteele
^^If you have the issue then take it to the dealer. They will look up your ECU version and flash it if it needs it.
Just came back from the dealer. Because my car built date is later than the TSB, they told me that the problem has been fixed in later production cars. They also told me that it was normal for a small RPM spike - when driving in DS mode as this is how transmission shifts.

So at the end, they didn't run any tests and told me I'm ok to go... kind of strange b/c they are making money on this since they bill Nissan for all their warranty work.

I also found out about the new special oil to use... WOW... thats expensive.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:33 PM
Comatose

Inspite the TSB saying it affects only AT's, I'm almost conviced that I've intermittently seen this on my 6MT. When it happens to me I'll see the RPM's shoot up a bit between each shift (ie clutching out), and as well, during idle it'd appear ~200 rpm higher than it normally would. The net result is im unable to shift smoothly, and in particular trying to take off smoothly the car will get more gas than it needs (and hence i end up lunging it a bit)..
When this does happen, it often seems to have incurred after driving the car without letting it startup long enough.. but it will go away the next time i restart the car.... has no other 6mt driver experienced this??
Old 10-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Oggie

I just got my car flashed this week and it seemed to have resolved the problem. My car feels smoother and a bit faster. Perhaps this is due to the tranny relearning my driving habits.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:10 PM
3des

Originally Posted by Comatose
Inspite the TSB saying it affects only AT's, I'm almost conviced that I've intermittently seen this on my 6MT. When it happens to me I'll see the RPM's shoot up a bit between each shift (ie clutching out), and as well, during idle it'd appear ~200 rpm higher than it normally would. The net result is im unable to shift smoothly, and in particular trying to take off smoothly the car will get more gas than it needs (and hence i end up lunging it a bit)..
When this does happen, it often seems to have incurred after driving the car without letting it startup long enough.. but it will go away the next time i restart the car.... has no other 6mt driver experienced this??
This is definitely happening to me! For me I hear a slight rev almost always when downshifting in to 2nd. Just the slightest race of the motor as soon as 2nd is engaged while I still have the clutch in. The motor races just a bit with no throttle or air input.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:50 PM
amoney805

Got my ECM reflashed about 4 weeks ago and it helped but now the rpms are surging again. Has anyone else had this fixed and then it creeps back up again?
Old 11-08-2008, 05:11 PM
tomcatm

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Well I was in yesterday for an oil change so I asked the service advisor to do the tsb on the surge but he said he would recommend waiting off on doing it since the fix they have does not seem to be working well or at all. Apparently they are coming out with a new update to the ECM so I should wait on that. FWIW....
Old 03-04-2009, 08:40 AM
marathon_runner

I have an 09 G37x sedan 7AT, and it happened to me the other day. I was quickly decelerating while (probably) in DS mode. The car surged forward so bad I didn't think I was going to get stopped in time (damn red lights). Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Oggie

Is your window defrost ON? The mechanic told me that there should be a bit of surge when window defrost is on. If not, you should take to the shop.

Quick Reply: 2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe Intermittent/short Duration Small Rpm Increase During Braking