TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe Intermittent/short Duration Small Rpm Increase During Braking

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 01:06 AM
leeladisky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve2112
Good idea. Is the G8 the new one with 361hp?

I emailed the dealer today - the service manager said there have been no come-backs regarding the ECU flash. He said to bring the car in and he will drive it.
My dealer (who is great) called the factory and we received a line of BS... including, blah blah balh, the way I drive caused the TCM (tranny control module) to learn a bad pattern that can now not be unlearned... it will continue to get worse, according to Infiniti, if I continue to drive this way. They recommended that I not drive in DS mode any longer and see if it unlearns.

I told them that it was the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, that a learning module in a sports car can learn to lose power to the point of being, according to the dealer, "as slow as a G35 sedan with 4 large adults, going uphill."

I am calling Customer Assistance...

L
Old 06-12-2008, 06:00 AM
Steve2112

Interesting - keep us posted please
Old 06-12-2008, 12:40 PM
xeddyboi420x

Yea, i get this problem too! it feels like the gears aren't picking up or something...

it was a similar feeling in my old civic... soon after, the tranny blew out! i hope it doesn't get serious. should i take it in? and lose power like some of you are saying? what to do?!
Old 06-14-2008, 05:35 PM
leeladisky

Originally Posted by xeddyboi420x
Yea, i get this problem too! it feels like the gears aren't picking up or something...

it was a similar feeling in my old civic... soon after, the tranny blew out! i hope it doesn't get serious. should i take it in? and lose power like some of you are saying? what to do?!
Definitely bring it in! Otherwise Infiniti won't believe theres a problem. Theres at least 4 of us on the forums with this issue so far...

L
Old 08-01-2008, 09:29 AM
raZr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This happened sometimes with my Maxima I had before my g....BUT, that reminds me, sometimes if I go from D to tiptronic and downshift and accelerate hard in first or 2nd, it wont go anywhere, and sometimes it takes 2 or 3 up shifts before it actually shifts....
Old 08-01-2008, 11:48 AM
cdebnil

Originally Posted by raZr
This happened sometimes with my Maxima I had before my g....BUT, that reminds me, sometimes if I go from D to tiptronic and downshift and accelerate hard in first or 2nd, it wont go anywhere, and sometimes it takes 2 or 3 up shifts before it actually shifts....
That happens to me too!! Its dangerous because you hit the throttle and nothing happens and then suddenly the throttle is engaged...i had the tsb done and thats when the problem started.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:19 PM
amoney805

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I have this problem. I probably wont get it looked at for a couple thousand more miles when Im due for my next service. Anyone know if this is bad for the transmission if I wait?
Old 08-05-2008, 03:30 AM
prutkows

i had this too.. took it to my dealer and they said there was nothing in the ecu so they couldn tdo anything about it.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Oggie

I noticed this the most when the car is in DS mode. I though I read a few owners had experienced a bit of lost of power after their ECU were flashed. If that is true, I will live with the small surge when braking.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:51 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Oggie
I noticed this the most when the car is in DS mode. I though I read a few owners had experienced a bit of lost of power after their ECU were flashed. If that is true, I will live with the small surge when braking.
Personally I wouldn't think that would be a smart move. The power lose is most likely in the heads of those individuals. There might be a little bit of a lag when starting out which should can be helped with a grounding kit.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:42 PM
leeladisky

Originally Posted by bboysteele
Personally I wouldn't think that would be a smart move. The power lose is most likely in the heads of those individuals. There might be a little bit of a lag when starting out which should can be helped with a grounding kit.
Not true - too many people experience this for this to be something "in our heads." I have also had it confirmed by a DEALER, which similarly invalidates your point. And, by the way, I have a grounding kit. The power loss problem seems to be cured by using the tiptronic mode... I drive for a few minutes in tiptronic and switch back to regular D and then to DS - for whatever reason, the car is brand new again. I am not sure, but I believe it is related to either the torque convertor or a problem with the transmission itself because, when sluggish off the line (for example), I notice that I can immediately accelerate harder and the car will downshift!!! Off the line, I should already be in first gear, although when this problem happens, I am not... Also, third gear feels like I am towing an RV when I try to accelerate. It's definitely not in my head because I can tell the difference between when the problem is gone and when it's there...

L

Edit: I have also had ALL relavent TSB's performed.

Last edited by leeladisky; 08-19-2008 at 04:46 PM. Reason: TSB Status
Old 08-20-2008, 04:31 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by leeladisky
Not true - too many people experience this for this to be something "in our heads." I have also had it confirmed by a DEALER, which similarly invalidates your point. And, by the way, I have a grounding kit. The power loss problem seems to be cured by using the tiptronic mode... I drive for a few minutes in tiptronic and switch back to regular D and then to DS - for whatever reason, the car is brand new again. I am not sure, but I believe it is related to either the torque convertor or a problem with the transmission itself because, when sluggish off the line (for example), I notice that I can immediately accelerate harder and the car will downshift!!! Off the line, I should already be in first gear, although when this problem happens, I am not... Also, third gear feels like I am towing an RV when I try to accelerate. It's definitely not in my head because I can tell the difference between when the problem is gone and when it's there...

L

Edit: I have also had ALL relavent TSB's performed.
So you are like the third person to say that it losses power with TSB reflash. j/k In all seriousness though, an ECU reflash should be able to fix this for anyone that losses power plus it will increase your power output. Unfortunately you will need to pay for this but I imagine most people on here are into modding the car to get more power. I still recommend doing the TSB reflash for safety reasons. There was a post on here from a member that almost rear-ended another car due to this issue and a couple other people had similar experiences. And I bold the part that says this invalidates my point...not true, a lot of dealerships suck and don't know the products they sell. I am more up on TSBs that have been released then the dealerships that I have visited. Your experience I would credit more than you telling me a dealership told you so. Most members on here would agree. Also I stated that the power loss is "most likely" in the heads of the individuals. I didn't give a statement that said this is only in the heads of the individuals or that there is no power loss. Most likely is not definite.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:56 PM
cdebnil

Originally Posted by bboysteele
It's not a power loss....Its zero power. When I switch from regular to DS and push the throttle, absoultely nothing happens...I can floor it and nothing happens for about 1-3 seconds...suddenly, after about 1-3 seconds off having my foot on the throttle, the throttle engages and the car takes off.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:51 AM
urneighborhood

mine experience the most serious rpm increase when braking...been happening since....5000miles?
Old 08-30-2008, 10:35 PM
amoney805

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
^^^^this is exactly what i have, since around 4000 miles. Going to get it checked out in a couple weeks.

Quick Reply: 2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe Intermittent/short Duration Small Rpm Increase During Braking