Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

09 g37 coupe journey start up issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 03:41 PM
Andrew Khiev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 g37 coupe journey start up issues

Whats up guys. Im brand new to the car community never owned a car like this before. was driving land rovers and toyotas before this so you can say this is my first performance car. I ran into an issue yesterday that i got resolved by reading through some old forums here so i figured i create an account and join. however i still do not know if this is just a temp fix or a long term problem that will result in a huge repair job but i just purchase my car yesterday from a used car dealer. the car itself is in great condition. clean title, about 99k miles. right cc needs to be replace but thats at the dealers expense. got a prepurchase inspection and everything checked out. however when i got home yesterday night after driving from the dealer to my house to the gym then back home, i got back in my car and tried to start it to show my bros and it wouldnt turn on. the car would start up for a quick second then immediately died. i looked in forums like this to see if this has happened to anyone else and i read a restart to the ECU instructions forum. Turn on for 2 seconds and off for 10, repeat about 4-5 times. When i did that the car started up again and is running well no issues. Drove it again this morning and drove to a couple places. all startups in which i experienced no problems. im concerned that this is a deeper electrical issue. any and all help/advice would be appreciated. I will post pics up for you folks to see soon.
Old 01-30-2020, 01:14 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 837 Likes on 716 Posts
Please create a separate post in the Tech/Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain forum to discuss your start-up issue.. This forum is merely to introduce yourself and your car. Thanks.