Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

I need SERIOUS HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 12:52 PM
hasson799

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I need SERIOUS HELP!

Hey guys I just bought my g37 about two months ago with no warranty (98k miles). My battery and terminal was really bad on my car and I had to jump start it every morning to get it running, since doing that my instrument cluster, odometer, Climate control, heated seats, and rear view mirror, all goes out at the same time. I believe it's a bad fuse but I took it to the dealer and basically they told me they can't help me unless I pay 150 fee to just look. I did get my battery and terminals fix through them but can anyone share some light on this situation? Please and thank you!
Old 12-21-2015, 03:17 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
You can start by using a more descriptive title. One indicating the nature of the thread to follow.

Define go out? Does restarting the car return function. Need more details.

What was wrong with the battery and/or cable terminals?

Could be a bad connection or ground, or some components got damaged. Were the jumper cables ever connected in reverse polarity?
Old 12-21-2015, 03:50 PM
hasson799

Originally Posted by Jsolo
You can start by using a more descriptive title. One indicating the nature of the thread to follow.

Define go out? Does restarting the car return function. Need more details.

What was wrong with the battery and/or cable terminals?

Could be a bad connection or ground, or some components got damaged. Were the jumper cables ever connected in reverse polarity?
I would leave the car overnight and come back in the morning the car would be dead, so I would have to jump it. The terminals on the car wasn't on properly before, and no the jumper cables were never connected in reverse polarity. I think I have a bad fuse.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:04 PM
sicKzofivE
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
bring your car to your Infiniti dealer and get an oil change. They will do the multi point inspection for FREE and then they'll also tell you EVERYTHING else that's wrong with your car when they do the inspection. I'd also make sure to make a list and let them know what else has been bothering you as well so you can find out what it is. Now you'll get a list of things that need attention and bring it to your mechanic and get things fixed for 1/2 the cost. I've done this with every single car I purchased for the last 15 years and its saved me a ton of money
Old 12-21-2015, 04:08 PM
hasson799

Originally Posted by sicKzofivE
bring your car to your Infiniti dealer and get an oil change. They will do the multi point inspection for FREE and then they'll also tell you EVERYTHING else that's wrong with your car when they do the inspection. I'd also make sure to make a list and let them know what else has been bothering you as well so you can find out what it is. Now you'll get a list of things that need attention and bring it to your mechanic and get things fixed for 1/2 the cost. I've done this with every single car I purchased for the last 15 years and its saved me a ton of money

Thanks so much !!!!
The following users liked this post:
sicKzofivE (12-22-2015)
Old 12-21-2015, 04:53 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by sicKzofivE
That's DIABOLICAL!!!

(I like it).

Sean
Old 12-22-2015, 10:53 PM
sicKzofivE
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
glad i can be a contribution !
Old 12-23-2015, 02:12 AM
G37_6MT

Sounds like you might have the well-known battery drain issue caused by the vent control valve unit if your car is an 08 - 10.

It will require them to reprogram the ECM and also replace the vent control valve to a newer type. If your battery is also tested to be bad (due to too many deep discharge cycles), then it will need to be replaced as well.

Total you are looking at over $700 (including diagnose fee) since your car is out of warranty.

Look up ITB10-01B or ITB10-01C (covers different years of the car).