Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

My Gee Thirty Seven

Old 05-23-2018, 11:19 AM
BlackInfiniti

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
My Gee Thirty Seven

Hello all I'm kinda new here, been lurking around in the background for awhile, but decided I should finally show and tell my G

It's a 2012 Black Obsidian G37x w/ stone (beige) interior which I've found to be a minority among G's. Most other black one's I've seen are black on black.

Driving the dragon during Zdayz

I've had the car for almost two years now and although I love the car, there's some things I defiantly don't like about it....

First and foremost, it has the leaky sunroof drain tubes/grommets. My local dealer quoted me at $1,600 to fix the problem and it's not covered under my extended warranty . Still debating what I should do. It's mainly my weekend car and I try to keep it covered with my custom fit cover during most of the week when I can.

Also another minor annoyance is that when coming to a stop when I first start off driving for the day, it will idle down into the 500's and shimmy a little bit. Yes the throttle bodies have been recently cleaned. However, if I start romping on it - not driving like an old man - and then come to a stop, it will idle just fine. Must be the nature of the VQ37 or something... Took it to the dealer about a month ago for an engine light and being that it's mainly my weekend car, the problem was determined to be low battery voltage for throwing a bunch of CAN related codes. I had a group 35 Duralast Platinum AGM battery in the car so decided to upgrade to the bigger 24f battery found in the M37. Pepboys had their 24f Bosch AGM battery on sale for $150 so I figured why not. Thought it might would clear up my idle issue but did not. Tested the voltage while the car was running and it's in the 14's when I first start the car but quickly drops off to 13-13.2 volts. I understand the car has some sort of variable voltage system and thought the stronger AGM batteries may be throwing it off something Who knows... I may just be paranoid by the whole thing...

Oh and the satellite radio doesn't work but I don't care I have apple music service...

Sorry for rambling on in a newbie post but thanks for any suggestions!!!
Old 05-23-2018, 02:24 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Hello and welcome. Are you near the Right Coast?
Old 05-25-2018, 08:10 PM
daryn67

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lol, it's ok to ramble! Regardless of the quirky issues, it's a great car! Enjoy!

Search this Thread