MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

Official *MN G CREW* rAnDoM chat thread/room

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Songle6MT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket Jockey
My F14's arrived today......WAY ahead of what is considered normal for them meaning I am sure these were not originally intended for my order. The boxes had been resealed....not all the wheels were packaged the same....and they are not perfect. I uploaded photos as examples into a photobucket album and would appreciate opinions on what I should do. I know I am very particular so I am trying to figure out if I am expecting to much or if these should go back. PHUQUE!

http://photobucket.com/ScottGForgestar

I appreciate the feedback,
RJ
Wow those are worse than mine were when I bought the 20's

I have already contacted B2 and sent the same link.....he has already sent the link to Forgestar and is supposedly talking with them this afternoon.

What really sucks is, I had Forgestar commit parts to my order before I placed my order. That way I felt pretty confident I would receive them within the 6-8 week normal lead time. Well I am 100% sure these were not made specifically for me from my allocated parts. So if I hold out for another set, I am sure I will be looking at a ridiculous lead time.....just like Joe. Pisses me off.

I appreciate the feedback,
RJ
Send those back asap. If you are set on getting forgestars and want to wait then do that otherwise get your money back and find another set of wheels. It's just a crappy situation when you look for wheels for so long, wait for them, get excited, just to open the package to see that.

B2 however, is where I ordered mine from. They were pretty good to work with and I didn't have any issues returning mine and getting a refund.

Originally Posted by glowrdr
Yeah, those were definately "test fit" on someone elses ride before they got shipped. Unless they are willing to reimburse for half the price, I'd tell them they can keep the wheels.
Those weren't just test fit, those were hammered on by whatever vehicle they were put on. If done right I'm sure you could test fit a wheel, take it off, and no one would know.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Rocket Jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks...

Originally Posted by Songle6MT
Send those back asap. If you are set on getting forgestars and want to wait then do that otherwise get your money back and find another set of wheels. It's just a crappy situation when you look for wheels for so long, wait for them, get excited, just to open the package to see that.

B2 however, is where I ordered mine from. They were pretty good to work with and I didn't have any issues returning mine and getting a refund.
Thanks for all the comments. It is good to know I was not being unreasonable in my assessment.

Andrew you hit the nail on the head with your comments. I really studied the world of wheels and I like the Forgestar wheels, weight, design, price, custom offsets......but I am getting a bad vibe on these guys, had it from the start but put the blinders on and went with it. This is obviously a sketchy deal. Not sure a huge discount is going to make me happy and not sure I trust them any more. Sucks. Might just have to find a set of M35 OEM 19's and call it good!

Adrian at B2 has been good to work with up to this point. Most vendors are great....until there is a problem. I get the sense Adrian is a stand-up guy and will do the right thing.

Seriously, thanks again,
Scott
Old 06-19-2012, 11:27 AM
TomPeters
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I second that.... Adrian seems like a real down to earth guy (we exchanged words about Forgestar as a whole but won't go into the gory details).
Old 06-19-2012, 12:24 PM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks for all the comments. It is good to know I was not being unreasonable in my assessment.

Andrew you hit the nail on the head with your comments. I really studied the world of wheels and I like the Forgestar wheels, weight, design, price, custom offsets......but I am getting a bad vibe on these guys, had it from the start but put the blinders on and went with it. This is obviously a sketchy deal. Not sure a huge discount is going to make me happy and not sure I trust them any more. Sucks. Might just have to find a set of M35 OEM 19's and call it good!

Adrian at B2 has been good to work with up to this point. Most vendors are great....until there is a problem. I get the sense Adrian is a stand-up guy and will do the right thing.

Seriously, thanks again,
Scott
Originally Posted by TomPeters
I second that.... Adrian seems like a real down to earth guy (we exchanged words about Forgestar as a whole but won't go into the gory details).
i can definitely say the same for adrian as well as charles...they have both been great to work with, and i would definitely continue to do business with them.

however, for being someone who bought two sets of wheels from forgestar and have had no problems, i'm very disappointed in their decision to send out wheels of that condition to their customers and expect them to be ok with it...it doesn't take a genius to figure out that when you purchase new, custom-made wheels, that you expect new, custom-made wheels to be delivered to you. i had great things to say about them, and now i'm embarrassed after seeing those pictures. i probably wouldn't buy from them in the future either.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:45 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Janik/Andrew/Hossam/anyone else.....who's thinking about auto-x'n this weekend??? I know its proving grounds this weekend, so it actually might be a great weekend to auto-x because the # of drivers will be down, so possibly get more runs?
Old 06-19-2012, 01:06 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Sunday I am gonna be busy. Parade downtown, getting **** face drunk, then booze cruising around Minnetonka. I will probably be in no condition to drive even a golf cart. haha

Scott: That looks like ****. I'd be getting those puppies returned asap.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

What's going on all? I thought I should drop in since I've been MIA for the past couple weeks, I hope everyone is doing well and am looking forward to getting together with most of the people in the next couple weeks sometime before the 7th if not then.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:26 PM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Who is this guy
Old 06-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Yea yea....
Old 06-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever
Who is this guy
I meant to ask you....when you heading to CO? Need a groom?
Old 06-19-2012, 06:01 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Mikey_ you make my poor attendance looks stellar
Old 06-19-2012, 06:46 PM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
I meant to ask you....when you heading to CO? Need a groom?
She lives in Seattle and we are getting married in Vegas next weekend
Old 06-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Songle6MT

Seriously, thanks again,
Scott
That's what I did with my wheels. They even messed up twice with mine and I was done at that point. ( they lost my order, and the wheels were blemished ). Sent them back, and moved on. Ended up with OEM wheels but I'm not going to lie I really want another set of 20's, but it will have to wait a while unfortunately. And yes, I do have my future wheels picked out unless something else gnarly comes out before I buy them. I want CV5's bad. Like really bad.

It sounds like you have already made your decision about sending them back. I say do that, think about how you want your car to end up in the end and either go with OEM wheels or continue to look for a different aftermarket wheel.

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Janik/Andrew/Hossam/anyone else.....who's thinking about auto-x'n this weekend??? I know its proving grounds this weekend, so it actually might be a great weekend to auto-x because the # of drivers will be down, so possibly get more runs?
I would probably be down. I am assuming you are thinking of going Lance? Is Emad still fairly certain he is going to make it?
Old 06-19-2012, 07:09 PM
SuperCleanG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever
She lives in Seattle and we are getting married in Vegas next weekend
You better be joking or Im gonna book a flight and come up there and Mike Tyson ur ***

Those Forgestars are FUBAR'd... that has to be the sorriest set of wheels Ive ever seen someone try to pass off as new... sh^t one of them is just straight up broken... what kind of crap is that?
Old 06-19-2012, 09:25 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Would anyone local be interested in my brakes, sways or exhaust??? Trying to avoid shipping them lol.

Quick Reply: Official *MN G CREW* rAnDoM chat thread/room