MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

Official *MN G CREW* rAnDoM chat thread/room

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 07:23 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by TomPeters
I thought you just fixed ur brakes???? What's going on with this part out???
Brakes sucked. Absolutley hated them. Makes no point to have performance pads and **** when you just DD the car around town. Feel goes down the tubes, and they don't grip well unless your heating them up. I was so unimpressed with those brakes. Put some new OEM rotors up front and my old **** back on the rear and the car stops 100X better now.
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
I think the real ? is...why continuously buy parts, install them for less than 6 months, and then resell them?
^Brake explanation is up above. Exhaust is too quiet and I have no plans to add RHFCs so if im going to buy an exhaust, im just gonna get a loud one that I dont have to **** around with HFCs on. Sway bars make a big difference, but Im tired of losing traction trying to get up the drive and having the car teeter totter. Thing feels like im gonna twist my car in two/tweak it every time i drive up the thing (my driveway is steep as ****)

Going to be a slow part out but I have a feeling this time next year everything will be off the car except my lights, tint, front and rear lip and that will just about it. Just need to start putting my funds towards other things.

And Im down with Sushi next week!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Songle6MT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mike, how far in advance do you know you're work schedule? I'm trying to plan an actual MEET/CRUISE for us. We haven't had an actual meet yet this year. C&C shows kind of take away from having time or any cruises and such. I'm looking for a weekend that we have no shows or anythign going on, and us all get together for a meet and greet, cruise, and then late lunch.
Just don't schedule it from like June 30th to Power cruise weekend because I am in Rhode Island that whole time for my sisters wedding

I really want to be in attendance for that cruise, and like mike said we should get a water activity planned. Hopefully after I get back from the wedding our boat will be fixed and we can get those out and have a good time

Sounds good buddy...i know where to find ya I've just been off track for scheduling meets since our trip. Needed a few weeks off from the "car scene", and then I've been working quite a bit for the business.
What's the word on autocross Lance? Are you planning on attending?
Old 06-20-2012, 09:22 PM
SuperCleanG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Janik... I hate my brakes too... I dont trust them at all.. not sure if its the pads or the rotors...
Old 06-20-2012, 10:16 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperCleanG
Janik... I hate my brakes too... I dont trust them at all.. not sure if its the pads or the rotors...
Probably the puny non-sport rotors/caliper combo
Old 06-20-2012, 10:27 PM
Songle6MT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My brakes are fine lol. Yeah, different feel than OEM but I have no doubt that they will stop the car haha. Mine actually stop pretty dang good I think.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:56 PM
SuperCleanG

Originally Posted by soolman32
Probably the puny non-sport rotors/caliper combo
Taking cheap shots eh!
Old 06-21-2012, 12:55 AM
WannabeSport

Originally Posted by SuperCleanG
New OEM front rotors with my OLD pads and old rear rotors is a 100567098532782X better feel than those all brand new brakes we put in. IMO unless your doing a BBK, it makes no sense to switch from OEM. Those hawks dusted like ****, the rotors made hella noise on hot days, the rear rotors aren't made to that perfect spec quite like OEM so they rubbed when taking a hard corner (verified this when I took them apart. There was nothing i could do to have fixed that) and the feel around town took crazy amounts of getting used to. Also, the brakes would randomly bind and id be cruising down the road and it would just be metal on metal sounding. Had to pull over and inspect **** and then, after finding nothing, would continue on my marry way like nothing happened. I was so sick of that crap I didn't even want to drive the car. Taking those things off was the best thing I ever did.

Unless your going a BBK or have an akebono kit, screw the rest of that ****. I will never recommend different rotors or pads again. I literally hated my brakes, and i'll put these new OEMs up against those other ones in day to day driving performance any time.

/rant.

Boy that felt good to let out. Gotta rant on **** every once in awhile.

BTW, Trev. I had my sister and her husband's friend whose a 10 year tech at Morries Subaru help me put the brakes in (well, he did most of it haha) and he literally did the whole car in an hour (and hes never done the brakes on a G35 before). Helps with a little experience hahaha. Just a wam bam thank you ma'am and the **** was done. I was like, holy crap. lol

Last edited by WannabeSport; 06-21-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:36 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Songle6MT
What's the word on autocross Lance? Are you planning on attending?

The event is this Sunday, and the preregistration ends tomorrow night at Midnight.

Did you see the course. Its literally about 30% of the size we did last Sunday, not even using the back stretch of the course.

http://corvettesofmn.com/attachments...32;44%20AM.PDF

Andrew are you 100%? I'll go if we get a few guys to participate. I'm assuming the #'s will be low since powercruise is going on, and with the short course, hopefully we'd get a bunch of runs in? The event is limited to 100 entrants, compared to last Sunday we had about 150!!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:25 AM
glowrdr

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Random rant - I've been looking for deck furniture for some time now. Why is it that when I finally do pull the trigger on a set, it costs more than my living room furniture did?

When I started the whole process I had no idea that you had to spend close to a grand to sit on your deck in style. It's not even a full set! 2 chairs and an end table. 1k down the drain. No wonder I can't afford to mod my car much.

Janik - I'll give you one of my chairs for your exhaust.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:42 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by glowrdr
Random rant - I've been looking for deck furniture for some time now. Why is it that when I finally do pull the trigger on a set, it costs more than my living room furniture did?

When I started the whole process I had no idea that you had to spend close to a grand to sit on your deck in style. It's not even a full set! 2 chairs and an end table. 1k down the drain. No wonder I can't afford to mod my car much.

yeeeah, house sh*t isn't cheap, that's 4sho. Lots of stuff has been put on the back burner for me with us bringing up the convo of kids. We also want to remodel our bathroom, kitchen, building a deck, replace our entire fence, replace the garage door frames, all of the house windows, and quite a bit of landscaping I just haven't gotten to. ehhhh, depressing just thinking about it.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:06 PM
WannabeSport

Originally Posted by glowrdr

Haha i remember patio furniture shopping with my dad. They don't mess around with that ****. lol Try Menards!
Old 06-21-2012, 12:22 PM
TomPeters
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WannabeSport
Brakes sucked. Absolutley hated them. Makes no point to have performance pads and **** when you just DD the car around town. Feel goes down the tubes, and they don't grip well unless your heating them up. I was so unimpressed with those brakes. Put some new OEM rotors up front and my old **** back on the rear and the car stops 100X better now.
Got it.... for some reason I thought you were getting rid of the OEM brakes you just picked up at Luther. I'm still rocking OEM rotors as well but replaced the pads with Akebono ceramics. Bite is down just a tad but brake dust is non-existent... good trade off IMO
Old 06-21-2012, 01:30 PM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TomPeters
Got it.... for some reason I thought you were getting rid of the OEM brakes you just picked up at Luther. I'm still rocking OEM rotors as well but replaced the pads with Akebono ceramics. Bite is down just a tad but brake dust is non-existent... good trade off IMO
What is this brake dust you guys speak of? Graphite wheels FTW!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 03:33 PM
TomPeters
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haha.... your entire car looks clean even when it's dirty
Old 06-21-2012, 04:17 PM
kkemmerich

Yeah, I'm not completely convinced on my brake "upgrade" either. I got the Stop-tech slotted and Hawk HPS pads up front and the bite seems less but brake dust is definitely less also. I'm sure there'd be a more noticeable difference if I tracked my car... I would hope.

Quick Reply: Official *MN G CREW* rAnDoM chat thread/room