MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

Official *MN G CREW* rAnDoM chat thread/room

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by soolman32
Playing paralysed helped considering I feel fine today but I won't be doing that again. I'll stick to p90x lol
Is it sad that I think that P90x, as intense as it could be, would be easier than doing that on a regular basis? For the love of god I couldn't run last night cuz my diaphragm was all weird....
Old 06-07-2012, 04:54 PM
glowrdr

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So I'm all set for a dealer visit on Monday for my oil change and map update. Also going to have them perform a TSB for me - Janik, this sound familiar? lol (Looks like they issued the TSB in December 11, so it wouldn't have been done before I bought the car)

2007–2008 INFINITI G35 SEDAN, 2007 G35 COUPE, 2008 EX35, 2009-2010 FX35; ENGINE HESITATION OR STOPS RUNNING AT IDLE OR VERY LOW SPEEDS
The customer reports any of the following:
• Engine hesitation at idle or very low speeds,
and/or
• Engine speed drops lower than expected when decelerating or coming to a stop,
and/or
• Engine stops running at idle or very low vehicle speeds (parking lot maneuvers), but can be restarted.

I sure hope that takes care of the issue. I also found my downstream 02 sensor is running a little lean. Went to Autozone just to price it, $190! I'll hold off for now, but that's definately gonna be an online purchase (Found for 90 shipped on the 'Zon)

Last edited by glowrdr; 06-07-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Rocket Jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alignment - Where??

My Swift springs are in and I just had a quick alignment to verify if I need camber kits and toe bolts......and I do, both front and back. I had my alignment done at a place that is suppose to be good at sport alignments. Without going into too many details, I just didn't get a good feeling...sooooo...

After I install my camber kits, where can I go, who should I see, to get my alignment done?? I would prefer to work with someone that has seen an adjustable camber arm before....if you get my drift.... I am in the south metro but will travel to get the best possible job.

Thanks,
RJ
Old 06-07-2012, 08:59 PM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket Jockey
My Swift springs are in and I just had a quick alignment to verify if I need camber kits and toe bolts......and I do, both front and back. I had my alignment done at a place that is suppose to be good at sport alignments. Without going into too many details, I just didn't get a good feeling...sooooo...

After I install my camber kits, where can I go, who should I see, to get my alignment done?? I would prefer to work with someone that has seen an adjustable camber arm before....if you get my drift.... I am in the south metro but will travel to get the best possible job.

Thanks,
RJ
Any idea how much of a drop you got from the swift springs and what did they say your camber was at? I just drove all the way to Miami with over -3 degrees of camber and you can hardly see any inner tire wear. Its hardly worth the price of camber kits if your just on springs in my opinion. But I would go see tire proz in Hudson, wi for alignments or camber kit install if u end up goin that route
Old 06-07-2012, 10:32 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by noctilucous
Ya we are pretty good at the walking part at least.... But that may be pushing it. We are however, fantastic at making fun of people.
Why don't I recognize this screen name

Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever
Any idea how much of a drop you got from the swift springs and what did they say your camber was at? I just drove all the way to Miami with over -3 degrees of camber and you can hardly see any inner tire wear. Its hardly worth the price of camber kits if your just on springs in my opinion. But I would go see tire proz in Hudson, wi for alignments or camber kit install if u end up goin that route
Swift gives you about the same drop as eibach.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:30 PM
TomPeters
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe since it's an X camber and toe is more of an issue than the RWD G's??? I put on about 8k mi on my Bridgestones without any camber kit/ toe bolts and didn't have any tire wear issues and my rears are bald but in a good way...... even wear across the board. Mike might still have the front SPC kit if you need it. I dialed in the coils today and couldn't be happier with the D2's. I'm at 25 3/16 in the rear and 25 3/4 up front so I have the same ~.5 in difference as the stock setup so it should be right on performance and looks wise. My stock 18's look bigger now with extended drop..... can't wait to see how big the 20's will look. Didn't think I'd ever reach this point but I'm officially done modding until wear items go and then I'll replace them with aftermarket parts. Gotta love this weather!!!!

Last edited by TomPeters; 06-08-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:40 AM
noctilucous

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by soolman32
Why don't I recognize this screen name
It's Mathias, and you must be Dan lmao
Old 06-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Rocket Jockey

Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever
Swift claims a drop of 1.3" front and 1" rear. My camber in front is -1.99 and -2.01, the toe I believe ended up at -.07 on both sides so -.14 total. Rear's started at -2.37 and -2.26, toe .19 and .09. He maxed the adjustment on camber but i have no idea where it ended up because he pulled the car off the rack before recording the final. Not much help. I wasn't to concerned because based on what he was saying I was convinced I needed camber kits all four corners to be in spec. Unless the toe in the rear is an issue, and assuming you can get 1 degree of adjustment out of the rear camber.....that might be within an acceptable range.

I bought a square tire/wheel set-up so I could rotate to max the life of the tires so I was thinking I wanted to be within OEM specs on alignment. Maybe I am close enough especially considering I can rotate. Thoughts?? Keep in mind this is my DD and I plan on keeping it for several years.

I will probably stop into a local shop just to get a print out of my current.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:44 AM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket Jockey
Swift claims a drop of 1.3" front and 1" rear. My camber in front is -1.99 and -2.01, the toe I believe ended up at -.07 on both sides so -.14 total. Rear's started at -2.37 and -2.26, toe .19 and .09. He maxed the adjustment on camber but i have no idea where it ended up because he pulled the car off the rack before recording the final. Not much help. I wasn't to concerned because based on what he was saying I was convinced I needed camber kits all four corners to be in spec. Unless the toe in the rear is an issue, and assuming you can get 1 degree of adjustment out of the rear camber.....that might be within an acceptable range.

I bought a square tire/wheel set-up so I could rotate to max the life of the tires so I was thinking I wanted to be within OEM specs on alignment. Maybe I am close enough especially considering I can rotate. Thoughts?? Keep in mind this is my DD and I plan on keeping it for several years.

I will probably stop into a local shop just to get a print out of my current.
Scott, there's also a tireproz in stillwater if you don't want to drive all the way to hudson. i simply went to tires plus and they did a good job. once my sport bumper and lip are on, i'll probably go there again for a realignment.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:47 AM
MN-G-Fever

Def get that toe at 0 since that will cause more tire wear than camber. I would say anything under -2.5 and you will be fine without camber kits unless you don't like the 'look' of it. Camber isn't really a bad thing, when I get my car aligned I will be right around -2 I'm guessing
Old 06-08-2012, 12:18 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
I had under 2 degrees when I got my alignment. Maybe the Xs camber out more.

Im not running any kits and dont plan on it either. Too much hassle IMO if you arent dumped on coils.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Rocket Jockey

Thanks for the input guys and girl . I have an appointment for an "alignment check" tomorrow morning to get my actual/current alignment info. I will post those results. Based on what I am hearing, I think I will hold off on the camber kits for now.

BTW - Wifey took the car to work today so I am waiting to get the report on the ride quality!! She drive a luxury SUV....completely different ride.....should be interesting!!!

Thanks again for all the help, much appreciated!!

RJ
Old 06-08-2012, 01:39 PM
noctilucous

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by WannabeSport
I had under 2 degrees when I got my alignment. Maybe the Xs camber out more.

Im not running any kits and dont plan on it either. Too much hassle IMO if you arent dumped on coils.
Agreed, I have a set of Eibachs I need to install on my X but I don't think its worth getting the camber kit unless I were to be dumping the car on coils.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:07 PM
MN-G-Fever

Originally Posted by noctilucous
Agreed, I have a set of Eibachs I need to install on my X but I don't think its worth getting the camber kit unless I were to be dumping the car on coils.
Andrew runs -8 deg camber and he is saving $$$ since he can just flip them after 1,000 miles
Old 06-08-2012, 02:15 PM
MN-G-Fever

Damn I could use some Cat Daddy right now in my life to make this afternoon go by faster . Emad you're slacking for a friday afternoon man

Quick Reply: Official *MN G CREW* rAnDoM chat thread/room