Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: What will you do?
Order it right away
19.71%
Wait for it being perfected and get it later
80.29%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

What are you going to do when a new Coupe come out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Predator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EX-250
As for the poll +1 to keeping the current G.

As for the 08 vs 335i comparission.... you guys know something we don't? 0-60? 1/4 mile? Traps? Anything? No. Nissan aims the G at the 3 series, not the 335. I'd bet my car that the 335 will still be a better performing machine. For those of you who don't, well go drive one. They will impress you to no end. Tq at any rpm. Great turbos. They scream on the highway. Sure, the G is going to have almost a full litre of displacement over it now, but yeah, sorry, my vote will still be for the 335 in terms of performance. All things considered, the bump in HP isn't huge. The G (current) will not keep with an E46 M3 in a straight line. The 335i will beat the E46 M3 in a straight line. The small hp increase isn't going to bridge that gap, sorry, but seriously, common sense.
I'm glad to see i'm not the only realistic person on here.

The 08 will NOT be the revolutionary leap that some of you think it will. If you already own a G coupe, especially an 05+ 6MT, then to me it is a pointless upgrade.

i'd rather spend my money and mod my 06, and then when i'm really ready for a step up, get a 335i.

but to each his own i guess. I wish all you guys the best of luck in whatever you decide to do.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:16 PM
G-WannaBe

Originally Posted by EX-250
As for the poll +1 to keeping the current G.

As for the 08 vs 335i comparission.... you guys know something we don't? 0-60? 1/4 mile? Traps? Anything? No. Nissan aims the G at the 3 series, not the 335. I'd bet my car that the 335 will still be a better performing machine. For those of you who don't, well go drive one. They will impress you to no end. Tq at any rpm. Great turbos. They scream on the highway. Sure, the G is going to have almost a full litre of displacement over it now, but yeah, sorry, my vote will still be for the 335 in terms of performance. All things considered, the bump in HP isn't huge. The G (current) will not keep with an E46 M3 in a straight line. The 335i will beat the E46 M3 in a straight line. The small hp increase isn't going to bridge that gap, sorry, but seriously, common sense.
Common Sense? $46,000 for a great engine and handeling package is not common sense to me. I believe these are good cars, maybe great cars (in terms of looks they score a zero.zero so I take the great back) But I cannot understand the overall scorecard here- if all you want is stoplight to stoplight, corner to corner who will edge out who at .1 G better and x.x seconds faster, I agreed already- unless they throw twin hairdryers in the new '37 it will have a very hard time matching the AGREEABLE BLISTERING pace of the new 335. It will be very close, but we are not all about 0 to 100.

While some posts are all about speed and curves, a lot of discussion here has been about the big picture.

In my opinion - The real discussion should not be about 1 or 2 AS YET UNKNOWN performance measurements, it's about the whole experience. I drove the 335- it is a wonderfully built drivers machine, with really conservative (almost dull) styling, and a lot of money for a coupe. This is a very individual choice - but on the whole scorecard here - For almost the same HP rating, almost what will surley be very very close matched performance numbers, The G will come in thousands less, and I am hoping much better looks. Even car magazines today hand out awards to the complete package, not just zero to whatever: now the 3 has been king of the road for a while for good reason, but dont count this one out before it gets in the ring.

Thats all were saying, give it a chance to show itself on the floor in New York, on the road, and at the strip, it may just surprise SOME of us...

... which ones we can only wait and see...
Old 03-16-2007, 06:25 PM
rcdash

nothing like the G i have, know, and love right now baby

it's got interior, electronics, suspension, and someday soon engine, modifications that the new g or 335 cannot compete with.

the G you have now has a timeless design - take the time to enjoy it before switching out - my 2 cents...
Old 03-16-2007, 07:04 PM
EX-250

Originally Posted by G-WannaBe
Common Sense? $46,000 for a great engine and handeling package is not common sense to me. I believe these are good cars, maybe great cars (in terms of looks they score a zero.zero so I take the great back) But I cannot understand the overall scorecard here- if all you want is stoplight to stoplight, corner to corner who will edge out who at .1 G better and x.x seconds faster, I agreed already- unless they throw twin hairdryers in the new '37 it will have a very hard time matching the AGREEABLE BLISTERING pace of the new 335. It will be very close, but we are not all about 0 to 100.

While some posts are all about speed and curves, a lot of discussion here has been about the big picture.

In my opinion - The real discussion should not be about 1 or 2 AS YET UNKNOWN performance measurements, it's about the whole experience. I drove the 335- it is a wonderfully built drivers machine, with really conservative (almost dull) styling, and a lot of money for a coupe. This is a very individual choice - but on the whole scorecard here - For almost the same HP rating, almost what will surley be very very close matched performance numbers, The G will come in thousands less, and I am hoping much better looks. Even car magazines today hand out awards to the complete package, not just zero to whatever: now the 3 has been king of the road for a while for good reason, but dont count this one out before it gets in the ring.

Thats all were saying, give it a chance to show itself on the floor in New York, on the road, and at the strip, it may just surprise SOME of us...

... which ones we can only wait and see...

Unfortunatly the entire thread was about performance vs performance, and people are greatly over exaggerating what .2L of displacement will really do. Sure, theres 99 other angles to look at but that wasn't being discussed. Obviously I realize the other aspects, I mean, I've owned a G before probably 90% of this board (My car was first shipment 2003) but what were talking about is performance. The G lacks in this area. For some of you, this may be the fastest car you've ever driven. For others, not. Considering the 335 is supposed to be the "substitute" M3 while it is not available, yes, they will keep the price high, as they keep the supply low. Wait until you have the new M3 out, the 335i will take its rank in the cost tier of BMW. They only keep supply low to gaurentee -sticker- price on 335s. Not mark up. That should say something about the price of a 335 within the next 1-3 years.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:52 PM
IvoryGT
Former Sponsor

All I know is by the time Im done with modding my G35, the newer G owners will wish they had one.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:30 AM
G-WannaBe

EX-250 - You have a good point. I know that you guys that own a G have long waited for more power, and its only the top sports coupe if it can outrun its nearest competitor. I would not mind owning a M3 myself, or for that matter the M6. That is a sweet ride even if it is over $100k.

If the new G comes in as a great all around coupe, it will be a winner in its own right. After all, the bottom line here is simply to sell more cars, like the new sedan has been doing for 4 months now. Of course Infiniti would love for this to pass the sales leaders in its segment, but I am sure they will be happy with a good spike even if the 3 continues to outsell it. After all the entire armada of 3's one can choose from give buyers a lot more model options, and another great choice in the AWD 335I coupe on the way for that matter even w/o considering the new M comming out. Its good to see each Manufacturer push each other to make better cars, 'cause in the end we all win, no matter what you put in your garage at night.

No matter what you drive or want to own, this new show will have a lot of candy on the floor for everybody.

I have had a 300HP twin turbo, and I was flying high for the first few weeks until I re-learned the lesson we all continue to learn, there is always someone faster waiting out there to beat you. That bit of education for me was provided in my 3000GT, it was a 911 that I got a nice view of as he blew by. It's all relative.

C you at the show......
Old 03-19-2007, 05:02 AM
jnmunsey
Banned

Well I am going to test drive it to see if it is worthy of owning. If its manual tranny is anything like the sedan's that I test drove, then no thank you..

Also I hope they improve on the totally borked up stereo system. Sounds i snot all that great and mp3 support is horrid(relatively speaking). A built in ipod interface might help but I personally hate iPods(well more so iTunes) so it isn't that great.

If the tranny is better and the stereo too then I'll prolly buy one.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:29 PM
STL_G

I'm going to save money and wait for the GT-R version of the G coupe. I'm thinking a few years before it comes out.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:33 PM
thricex5

+1 make a 4wd twin turbo powered G35 coupe....
I think the quesstion is.... what are you gonna do when the new GTR's come out?
Old 03-19-2007, 05:00 PM
shibal_z

I'll still be waiting for a GT-R.

-_-;