Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: What will you do?
Order it right away
19.71%
Wait for it being perfected and get it later
80.29%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

What are you going to do when a new Coupe come out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 11:47 PM
molidor01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Save all my money while in Iraq and possibly pay cash for 1 when I get back...
Old 03-15-2007, 12:11 AM
N50

Originally Posted by molidor01
Save all my money while in Iraq and possibly pay cash for 1 when I get back...
Sounds like a plan! Keep safe over there.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:15 AM
molidor01

Iraq

Will do!! One Team One Fight!!
Old 03-15-2007, 12:24 AM
Hi-Tech_G

+1000 agreed. I think a lot of parts for the 03-07 will drop in price because they will have so many new things to get ready for the next waive of coupes.
Originally Posted by izmir41500
we need an option for doing "nothing", or continue modding my current coupe.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:36 AM
bubbletea 4 me

Originally Posted by Predator
I honestly cant see the point of upgrading from the current coupe to this new coupe, they just look way too similar.

If its more performance you want then there are far better choices out there than an 08 G coupe.

the only car i would seriously consider giving up my 06 for is a 335i.
well, im pretty sure the new G37 will be on par performance-wise as a 335i, so why wouldnt it be worth it to "upgrade"??
Old 03-15-2007, 09:12 AM
G-WannaBe

Originally Posted by Predator
I honestly cant see the point of upgrading from the current coupe to this new coupe, they just look way too similar.

If its more performance you want then there are far better choices out there than an 08 G coupe.

the only car i would seriously consider giving up my 06 for is a 335i.

I am not sure I understand this logic, performance is not in question on the 335I, I drove it and it was a quite a test ride, but we have not even seen numbers, herd reviews, or know fully what kind of improvements to the overall driving aspects this new coupe will offer. (suspension, handeling, setup, interior- which from reading these posts even a lot of owners are not overly thrilled with the current platform)

You are in a better position to know driving an 06, but I would bet you bought what you did for many reasons, and still you chose not to purchase the Bimmer back then - so it must have come in second somewhere in your estimation, and the 335I was out in late year. What changed your mind?

I would suspect this coupe's performance will be a lot closer then people think (namely the bimmerphiles who post on this blog). With that being said, until we see it, drive it, and really look up close, I can't think of why an owner like you would pre-determine this car to be so far below the 335 before it hits the streets. Are you not happy with yours? Did you have major issues with it? I woule really like to know since I am an almost owner, thank you.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:03 AM
omasica

I plan on waiting for the 2010 verison with the turbo
Old 03-15-2007, 11:29 AM
JOKER

For me it all depends on the looks of the car and resale value of my current coupe. I don't mind upgrading to a newer modes with more power, but if the

number are not going to be right then I'm jumping on the mod wagon.

But this coupe might turn out so good that I'm just going to have to upgrade even it it's going to be against my numbers.

We'll see after 28 I guess.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:09 PM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me
well, im pretty sure the new G37 will be on par performance-wise as a 335i, so why wouldnt it be worth it to "upgrade"??
Exactly...

His logic doesnt make any sense.

Not only will it be a significant performance jump, it also will have a superior interior to ours.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:38 PM
GT-Ron

Reasons for me to upgrade from my '05 6MT coupe with just over 5K miles:

1.) Engine. Not only is the new model going to produce more power, it's a better engine. This should prove beneficial not only for modding but also for long-term reliability.

2.) Seats. The seats are an improvement (changed control location), which is important to me.

3.) Transmission. I'm not sure if the '08's 6MT is going to have been refined over my '05's, but if not then I'm just about sold on switching to the auto. I really hope the 6MT has improved.

Those are the three main reasons that I'm considering a trade.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:41 PM
muscarel

Originally Posted by GT-Ron
3.) Transmission. I'm not sure if the '08's 6MT is going to have been refined over my '05's, but if not then I'm just about sold on switching to the auto. I really hope the 6MT has improved.
Number 3 is the biggest thing holding back the G from greatness. If they can smooth out those vibrations, it would make the car feel much more upscale.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:42 AM
Predator

Originally Posted by G-WannaBe
Are you not happy with yours? Did you have major issues with it? I woule really like to know since I am an almost owner, thank you.
on the contrary, i love my 06, which is why i plan to mod it like crazy until i'm ready to make a REAL upgrade.

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
His logic doesnt make any sense.
you know, for your sake i hope this new G coupe is as good as you think it will be.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:08 AM
FAST1

you know, for your sake i hope this new G coupe is as good as you think it will be.

I think you missed everyones point. All they are saying is we don't know how the G37 will perform, but we are optimistic based on early press releases. Nissan targets the BMW 3 series with its G offerings, and you better believe that Nissan has looked at the 335 very carefully. None of us know for sure, but I'd be surprised if the G37 doesn't have performance comparable to the 335.

Also, have you looked at the price of the 335? BMW has deliberately kept the supply low to help Dealers charge sticker, and most of the 335s in my area sticker for around $45K. No one knows what the sticker will be for the G37, but it's almost certain that it will be at least $8K less than a comparably equipped 335, and many Dealers will offer discounts on the G37, so the price differance will be even greater.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:53 PM
daniel3ooo

Nothing...I'm happy with my M3 ...but in all honesty I will be very jealous if it looks more like the concept
Old 03-16-2007, 04:44 PM
EX-250

As for the poll +1 to keeping the current G.

As for the 08 vs 335i comparission.... you guys know something we don't? 0-60? 1/4 mile? Traps? Anything? No. Nissan aims the G at the 3 series, not the 335. I'd bet my car that the 335 will still be a better performing machine. For those of you who don't, well go drive one. They will impress you to no end. Tq at any rpm. Great turbos. They scream on the highway. Sure, the G is going to have almost a full litre of displacement over it now, but yeah, sorry, my vote will still be for the 335 in terms of performance. All things considered, the bump in HP isn't huge. The G (current) will not keep with an E46 M3 in a straight line. The 335i will beat the E46 M3 in a straight line. The small hp increase isn't going to bridge that gap, sorry, but seriously, common sense.

Quick Reply: What are you going to do when a new Coupe come out?