Another, 'Roof in operation' Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2024, 12:47 PM
ian
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another, 'Roof in operation' Thread

My 2011 convertible has had trouble thinking the rood is in operation since I took it out of storage this spring. The car worked perfectly last summer.

I brought the car to the dealer and they first said the battery needs to be replaced. I didn't think that could be the problem as the car starts perfectly every time, but I figured for $100, I'd get a new battery. Didn't help.
Next, they said they took the trunk apart and found the pump is internally bypassing and I'll need a new pump. I went to take the pump out of the car and found they hadn't taken the pump out of it's cocoon of foam and metal. They charged $650 for their misdiagnosis and I will try to get my money back.

I think the issue is a travel sensor. Sometimes the roof opens, and sometimes it doesn't. Yesterday the roof opened great in the morning and I drove all day with the top down. At my girlfriends last night I put the top up and when I left, the top wouldn't go down, again the car thought the roof was in operation. I drove about 10 minutes with the high pitched tone and sudden;y the tone went away and the DIC said, "Roof Closed". This happened a couple of times in the last week, where the top 'Closes' while the car is in motion. This morning the top was in operation again for about 100 feet when the top suddenly was 'closed' and I was able to open the top.

I tried to find the location of the travel sensor and find out how many there are. I know there is one for the parcel shelf, but no of no others.

Any help with the location of the travel sensors would be great.

Ian