mods4cars smarttop install on an Infiniti g37 convertible

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 02:01 AM
bembowe
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stevelam
I just called my dealership and asked my tech if he could just do it for me since its just plug and play since their gonna have my car all apart next appointment for my new seat belts TSB. He said yes. frickin sweet. two birds with one stone. Oh yeah...
men, now am jealous. But am just so anxious to get it install. moving to get it done thursday, cant wait.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:53 PM
thedollardoctor
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I just called my dealership and asked my tech if he could just do it for me since its just plug and play since their gonna have my car all apart next appointment for my new seat belts TSB. He said yes. frickin sweet. two birds with one stone. Oh yeah...
Now THAT is sweet! Gotta love a dealership that supports customization! I mean seriously, why wouldn't you want your car owners to be happy with their service?!? My dealership is also very mod friendly! Been working with them for the last 8 years and my Dad has been with them even longer. Great dealership, with great owners and salesmen and servicemen. That's pretty rare actually.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:08 AM
bembowe
Registered Member

mods4cars installed. I updated the first post with vids, pics and install impressions. really happy with the turn out.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:22 AM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bembowe
mods4cars installed. I updated the first post with vids, pics and install impressions. really happy with the turn out.
great movie,pics and install...except the front windows bug

Last edited by cvipgo; 06-18-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice post! I would be very careful with dropping/raising the top in motion. One little pot hole or bump and you could put that top off track. I am guessing that is why Nissan/Infiniti doesn't allow it from the factory.

Thanks for all the detail!

Shane D
Old 06-18-2011, 01:23 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by Shane D
Nice post! I would be very careful with dropping/raising the top in motion. One little pot hole or bump and you could put that top off track. I am guessing that is why Nissan/Infiniti doesn't allow it from the factory.

Thanks for all the detail!

Shane D
Damage to roof may not be covered by Infiniti If you ever damage the roof while moving...
Old 06-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by cvipgo
Damage to roof may not be covered by Infiniti If you ever damage the roof while moving...
I would say that is pretty much guaranteed!
That is why you would have to be very careful. I would only use it as I was pulling into/out of a spot at very low speed.

Shane D
Old 06-18-2011, 05:10 PM
stevelam

how in the heck does that one top connector come off?been trying for like 30 minutes
Old 06-18-2011, 05:15 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Nice write up. I would have suggested a new thread though.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:06 PM
stevelam

finally.. got er done! works awesome..
Old 06-19-2011, 12:04 PM
bembowe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cvipgo
Originally Posted by Shane D
I would say that is pretty much guaranteed!
That is why you would have to be very careful. I would only use it as I was pulling into/out of a spot at very low speed.

Shane D
Yeah, you guys are right about that. With all the tweaks that car makes, its a lil unsettling to be putting the top up and down like that. for the limited uses so far, the most feature I have been using is the remote control, although its cool to back off and drive away while the top is still in operation. But the cool thing is that thats all in low speeds.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:06 PM
bembowe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cereal2k
Nice write up. I would have suggested a new thread though.
Actually I thought about that but also thought that I could change the title alone that that should have suffice. but i didnt realise that only changes the title of the post and not the thread.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:09 PM
bembowe
Registered Member

how in the heck does that one top connector come off?been trying for like 30 minutes
finally.. got er done! works awesome..
Hey Stevelam,
am glad am not the only one that saw the same issue. I almost gave up removing that connector. it took 90% of all the install time.

So hows the experience been so far? Have you had any issues with trying to put the windows up but the top comes up instead?
Old 06-19-2011, 12:32 PM
JohnnyCham
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
man, thats insane. the top motor assembly not includeing the aluminum panels is close to $7k. the top front section is like $3k it self. i'd be scared if that junk didn't close properly in motion and just stop working.

props, i guess.

now if the car was a soft top, i'd do that mod, lulz
Old 06-19-2011, 02:56 PM
stevelam

Hey Stevelam,
am glad am not the only one that saw the same issue. I almost gave up removing that connector. it took 90% of all the install time.

So hows the experience been so far? Have you had any issues with trying to put the windows up but the top comes up instead?
i like it so far, no issues with the windows. its all in the timing of pressing the remote buttons a second apart. and the roof button just tap it quickly. i also understand how dangerous it could be when operating the roof in motion but 40 km/h is not that fast as long as there is not any crazy winds. u gotta make your own wise judgement when and where you operate in motion. it only makes sense. the only s hitty part is that the front windows dont roll up but i guarantee there will b a fix for this, its all a matter of time. for now i leave functions 2 and 3 in setting 4 so the back windows stay down when i open or close just like how it would originally from the factory cuz i personally think it looks awful when just the back windows only roll up after the roof is open. i also kept the soft chirps off cuz i like the factory beeps better

Quick Reply: mods4cars smarttop install on an Infiniti g37 convertible