Remote Start: Do you have it on your convertible?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 02:25 PM
newspider4re
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper Smart Start

So on Friday I have an appointment to get the Viper SmartStart system added to my G. I have asked the installer to add the module that will also drop the top when i hit trunk release on the iphone app (leaving the trunk release on the OEM fob as is). I will still be able to use the remote start from my OEM fob by simply double clicking the lock button. As soon as it is finished i will post picks and a vid.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:59 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by newspider4re
So on Friday I have an appointment to get the Viper SmartStart system added to my G. I have asked the installer to add the module that will also drop the top when i hit trunk release on the iphone app (leaving the trunk release on the OEM fob as is). I will still be able to use the remote start from my OEM fob by simply double clicking the lock button. As soon as it is finished i will post picks and a vid.
That's gr8, I would love to see pics and vid. I have completed all wiring verification and just haven't got time to do the actual install yet.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:56 PM
newspider4re
Registered Member

Bad News...

so I had the Viper SmartStart system installed on My Gvert today and as the installer told me "everything went well except for one minor issue... the top would not work." my heart dropped a bit. Unfortunately the top actuator is dependent upon the key being in the car.

So unless there is someone else out there that has a fix, Audio Works in Delaware has confirmed that it will not work.

I wont post a vid since someone already posted one for the g37 sedan.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:50 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by newspider4re
so I had the Viper SmartStart system installed on My Gvert today and as the installer told me "everything went well except for one minor issue... the top would not work." my heart dropped a bit. Unfortunately the top actuator is dependent upon the key being in the car.

So unless there is someone else out there that has a fix, Audio Works in Delaware has confirmed that it will not work.

I wont post a vid since someone already posted one for the g37 sedan.
for getting the RS, the RS I am working with does not require key to be in the car. This RS also alows to start the car and when you get in the car you don't need to double press the the Start button either.
There's a connection Terminal No. 132 wire color Violet on BCM connector M123 (Green) that comes from Retractable Hard Top Control Unit which needs connection to your Aux (if you have one) on the RS which when programmed for 30 second signal for roof to open and for closing another signal sender (Aux) from RS to brown wire to roof open/close switch.
What bypass module did your installer installed?

Last edited by cvipgo; 03-28-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:09 PM
greenejason

Any update?
Old 09-21-2011, 06:07 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by greenejason
Any update?
Mine works great! I can control 2 cars with one remote and can aslo use the OEM FOB too.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:30 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
just hold your unlock button on the outside of your car ? never did see the point of putting down your top from a distance. Only thing I could think of would be able to put it up if you noticed it raining outside.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:37 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by kaoticdemize
just hold your unlock button on the outside of your car ? never did see the point of putting down your top from a distance. Only thing I could think of would be able to put it up if you noticed it raining outside.
Here are few pluses: Warm-up or cool your car, open or close the roof from your office or inside your home..
Old 09-21-2011, 07:42 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
remote start im all for, just the open and closing thing. Kills your battery too if you do it a lot without having the vehicle on. You'll start seeing more infiniti's now coming with remote start. the JX will be the first one from factory with it.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:25 PM
13redconvertibl

I have a 13 vert and was wondering about getting a remote start with smart top does anyone have one and if so what do you like or not like about it?
Old 06-27-2013, 06:12 PM
JbabsG37
Registered Member

I'm looking into this as also. My local car audio shop quoted me $400 otd. The system would use the factory key fob, press lock 3x to start. I don't know what system they are using, haven't followed up with them on this. I also reached out to my local infiniti dealer by email, and never heard back. I'll be following up on that after this post.

$400 seems a bit high to me. But, my new ford truck has it and its a great option. Hard to believe my 11 g37 vert has less bells and whistles than a ford pickup truck.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:26 PM
colnajoe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The proximity key these have (push button start) causes some problems with usingtheremote start. I just wanna have to carry two remotes to be able to do different things. Iwould love for Infiniti to be able to put the remote start, and well as remote top down features in stock remote. Maybe the new Q50 vert will have them, haha.