Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

G37 7speed transmission reprogram

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 12:57 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Marc Collins
I didn't mention defensive driving or twenty other things--this post isn't about driving schools or techniques. We are discussing transmission programming. You want the transmission to ignore sudden/panic driver inputs. I don't and appreciate that it is paying attention and I think Infiniti did a good job of ensuring the car is in the right gear at the right time, which FOR A TRANSMISSION is job one. The transmission can't help with any other aspects of good driving or accident avoidance, can it?
I may have missed your original point, but I have said the transmission should use the brakes as input. Downshifting is welcome, rev matching wasn't. If I crossed wires I apologize.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:00 PM
09m35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys! I must say that you guys seem like great bunch of guys. I get the impression that its a community that is more open to helping others who share a passion for Infiniti cars.

I notice that if anyone had a problem there are people who are willing to share what they have done or where they get TSB/info from.
Even though I have an '09 M, I decided to post it here as I have checked couple of M forums, but it does seem like ppl there are content how their 7 sp trans operates for some reason, but unfortunately not me.
I do experiencing the following conditions:
* Harsher than expected down shifts when coasting to a stop.
* Hesitation/lag when accelerating after coasting.
* Hesitation/lag or harsher than expected down shifts when coming to a stop and accelerating again (rolling stop).
* Engine rev matching during moderate to heavy braking.

So, I hope ITB12027 will be soon released for '09 - '10 M owners as well!

Thank you to all you Infiniti owners for being champs and a good bunch of dudes, hope to one day be able to contribute as much to all friendly people here too. : )
Old 07-11-2012, 01:35 PM
conkus805
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
I had the tsb 12-027a done today and I must say that there is an improvement. very smooth downshifts in d mode, while cruising on freeway 7th gear needs little throttle input to provide acceleration whereas before it would need to downshift to accel. overall the tranny feels as if it's a part of the car now, very little to no lag and no flaring between shifts. I am very pleased with this update. I have a 2010 model, I have no idea of my build date.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:37 PM
netwiser

Hi Guys,

I have gone through almost these 109 pages long thread, I would like hear from someone that this TSB does apply to my 2012 G37x, the built date is Nov, 2011.

Since I live in Canada, dealer said this TSB is for America only @@%@$@$%
Old 07-11-2012, 01:48 PM
conkus805
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by netwiser
Hi Guys,

I have gone through almost these 109 pages long thread, I would like hear from someone that this TSB does apply to my 2012 G37x, the built date is Nov, 2011.

tsb goes by ECM/TCM vin numbers for 2010-2011 Models only as far as I know. 2012 models supposedly have the update already. not sure whether it's for north America only or not, maybe someone else can chime in on that one.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Marc Collins

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Guys,

You already have the latest software because you have a 2012. The rest of us with 2009-2011 are just now getting what you already have.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Marc Collins

Hi Guys,

P.S., It isn't for America only, but that is typical of the staggering incompetence of most Infiniti dealers in Canada...who are led by the national office that usually knows even less than the dealers.

Last edited by Marc Collins; 07-11-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Damn Dirty Ape

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Finally! The 'other' dealer across town had no problem updating my ECM & Tcm to 12-027a .

I've driven around st Louis about 100 miles so far and it appears that my concerns have been addressed by this update. I'll hold my optimism for a week or so and put some more miles on but for now I'm very pleased.

As a side note, whether it is just me or if something has changed, but in paddle mode the shifts seem noticeably quicker to occur.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Damn Dirty Ape

Was interested to see this morning how the trans would act 'cold' after an overnight of sitting. Drove about 6 miles. So far it feels like the trans is more refined and definitely not as noticeable on shifts. Nice. About 150 miles since the update, another few hundred miles will show if this 'sticks'.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:14 AM
mw09g37

i don't think it does 100%... I think adaptive ECU/TCU program kicks in after a while and lulled the responsiveness... it's a little annoying

i don't think it drives as nice now (500 miles later) as it did the day I did the re-flash =P i mean it's still better than the crap that was on it before... but my driving excitement has waned... but the hall marks are still there... quicker, better downshifts. less hesitation, less engine braking.

i'm going to be putting my tune back on pretty soon... see how it goes.

Last edited by mw09g37; 07-12-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:22 PM
bitNine

WOW... so the car is at the dealer, they just called me and said that after plugging the car into the computer, there's no applicable update to my transmission. Seriously??? So I just shared with him ITB12027 to make sure they understand what I'm talking about. They have never once updated the transmission software since I purchased the vehicle on Feb 15, 2011. They told me then that the software is the latest. He's going to call me back in a few, after having the tech research that ITB.

The saga continues
Old 07-12-2012, 12:29 PM
bitNine

Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape
Finally! The 'other' dealer across town had no problem updating my ECM & Tcm to 12-027a .
After reading the rest of your posts in this thread, It seems I'm going to have to go to another dealer, eh? Only one other dealer here in Denver... I'm just hoping these guys can get it done without me having to do what you did.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:36 PM
netwiser

Hi Guys,

Called to Alta Infiniti dealer in Toronto just now, the service resp knew what I was talking about. He said the update so far is for 2011 or early, get no chance to do on 2012 yet. Also, he said that since my car is new, only 1200kms, it will be better to wait till 6000 kms, and then call in one week advanced if the feeling is still there, they will give a loner car and take it for testing to see whether the update is applicable.

Finger crossing....
Old 07-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Damn Dirty Ape

Originally Posted by bitNine
After reading the rest of your posts in this thread, It seems I'm going to have to go to another dealer, eh? Only one other dealer here in Denver... I'm just hoping these guys can get it done without me having to do what you did.
Not really sure why my actual dealer checked and said I had the latest update. I had two appointments yesterday , one at the 'other' dealer first then a 'second chance' appointment later in the day to have the shop foreman try again at my actual dealer.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:58 PM
bitNine

Ah HA! They got it figured out. Seems that the even the shop foreman wasn't aware of ITB12027, and they got together and figured out how to get it applied to the car, and they say it's all done! Sweet! I'll head down there in a little bit to pick it up, and see how she drives on the way home! Happy they got that figured out.

Had a nail in my RR tire, which had a slow leak. They found it and got it out, and are charging me $25.xx for it. Called Discount Tire down the street and he says they would have fixed it for free... I won't be paying them for tire stuff again. They also put ester oil in the car at no charge, which I asked for due to a knock in the engine that it made much quieter. I have to say, Mike Ward Infiniti in Littleton, CO is one of the best dealers I've ever dealt with for any car, ever. They are typical of any dealer, always trying to wiggle their way out of stuff, but they have always gone a bit above otherwise, and tried their hardest to make me a happy Infiniti owner, and that makes me happy.

I'll post later on how the update changes my car. I'm sure it's awesome!

Quick Reply: G37 7speed transmission reprogram