Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Can TT or SC be disable and enable at will?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 12:28 AM
Infinite.G
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Greggski
With an uprev tune (need for both TT & SC), there is a valet mode like G37Sam said. It limits it to 14 mph and around 1500 rpms. It keeps them from "having fun" with the car.

On a side note, I have the GTM TT on mine and took it in to the dealership to have the idle adjusted. The service manager and a bunch of techs came out and watched it get worked on, were taking pictures and seemed really excited about it. The next week my tranny started to whine and I called them up, reminded them about the car, and they ordered me a new tranny and clutch under warranty over the phone without me even bringing in my car to have them look at it.

I think it all depends on the managment and service techs at your particular dealership. Maybe go in and ask a few leading questions to feel them out before you take it in.
That's too good to be true

Last edited by G37Sam; 09-19-2010 at 05:52 AM. Reason: watch your language
Old 09-19-2010, 06:58 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
With UpRev, you can have a valet map, thus limiting the RPMs to 3k rpm and speed to like 50mph.

I wouldn't send a car with a TT kit to the dealership though
I wonder if the dealer could use the Consult III to erase the tune... lol
Old 09-20-2010, 12:27 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Greggski
On a side note, I have the GTM TT on mine and took it in to the dealership to have the idle adjusted. The service manager and a bunch of techs came out and watched it get worked on, were taking pictures and seemed really excited about it. The next week my tranny started to whine and I called them up, reminded them about the car, and they ordered me a new tranny and clutch under warranty over the phone without me even bringing in my car to have them look at it.
This is actually unheard of! A new transmission on a FI car from the dealer under warranty?!
Old 09-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Greggski

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bringing it in tomorrow at 8 am!

Just got lucky with the timing and the service guy that I talked to I think. Let's just hope it comes out of thier shop with no scratches and the exhaust and wastegate piping put back together right.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:58 PM
njchen24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you all for your valuable advice and comments.

Can Uprev be used on GTM TT kit especially after it has been properly tuned?

Beside I don't have time and place to do the service myself, I am also a mechanic dummy. So I have to bring the car to the dealer. So far, I haven't found a decent dealer in the following area, Denville, Summit, Totowa in NJ. One of dealer scuff all of my rim where the mounting nuts are. When questioning about it, the manager simply said that they use some sort of socket with plastic protection and they still scuff. They even chip the rim by prying the Infiniti cap.

Anway, if you don't take your car w/ TT to the dealer, I assume that you are doing the service yourself.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:39 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Not really, you can deal with garages outside, all you need is your factory service manual if they dont have it and you're cool

All of my friends with boosted Z's do that